Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2015, 03:31 AM
Communications Team Manager
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

American Idol Season XIV Auditions, Hollywood Rounds, Top 24 Revealed.

American Idol Season 14 Auditions

Auditions: January 07 - January 29, 2015

January 7 & 8, 2015 ~ Nashville, Tennessee
January 8 & 14, 2015 ~ Bus tour – Various cities
January 15, 2015 ~ Long Island, New York
January 21, 2015 ~ Minneapolis, Minnesota
January 22, 2015 ~ New Orleans, Louisiana
January 28 & 29,2015 ~ San Francisco, California

Hollywood Rounds: February 4&5, February 11&12, 2015
House Of Blues (Top 24 Revealed): February 18&19, 2015

Check out some recaps! American Idol Net

MJ's Big Blog: Premiere & Second episode.

JOIN our Communications Team.
| ray

Last edited by dancing in the rain; 02-20-2015 at 10:40 PM
Old 01-08-2015, 11:31 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for getting this started! Can't believe it's that time of the year again.

Though I'm not sure if they're airing it here.
Old 01-08-2015, 06:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Spoiler:

Last edited by Make Them Laugh; 01-08-2015 at 06:44 PM
Old 01-11-2015, 02:01 PM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

No problem Laura! Hope it airs soonish for you; I'm watching it online but the local network will be airing it the next day.

All in all, interesting contestants My favourite so far is Jess Lamb, who sang Ain't No Sunshine. Loved her sound and she's really good on the keys, loved her jamming with Harry

Other good ones:
  • Cody Fry with Somewhere Over The Rainbow, definitely unique and good voice and musicality
  • I also liked the single mom, Kellie Kime with Sunday Morning, lovely voice, and her daughter is the cutest
  • Sarina-Joi Crowe, she killed it on Love Runs Out. Interesting that this was her fourth time auditioning.
  • Savion Right returns with Change The World and he definitely seemed to be more comfortable in his skin and I loved his song choice and the way he performed it.
  • Also liked Trevor Douglas' quirkiness, Piper Jones' strong vocals and Garett Miles' easy performance quality.
  • The first episode didn't really have many standouts, I did like Kory Wheeler, Emily Brooke and Michael Simeon. The latter dancing with Jlo while Harry played the keys and Keith sang and played the guitar was a pretty cool moment!

Some were obviosuly only ok and barely made it because the judges didn't want to be too harsh which is to be expected but otherwise interesting so far. Other random stuff, I liked that they put in the Top 24 anonymous thing again and I liked the new opening credits thing. So far not too many judges antics or too much focus on backstories which is always a good thing.

| ray

Last edited by dancing in the rain; 01-11-2015 at 02:07 PM
Old 01-14-2015, 09:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I hope so too. It's weird I haven't seen any mention of it though. Good thing you're able to watch it!

Two episodes this week too, right?
Old 01-14-2015, 01:59 PM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

That's too bad, maybe it's just that the delay will be more than usual.

Yeah, today and tomorrow

| ray
Old 01-17-2015, 05:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

Good start to the season there's some great talent so far.
(HTGAWM) Connor&Oliver, (OITNB) John&Daya, (B99) Jake&Amy, (NCIS: LA) Deeks&Kensi, (Castle) Castle&Beckett, (Nashville) Deacon&Rayna, (Chicago Fire) Casey&Dawson, (GMW) Cory&Topanga
Old 01-18-2015, 02:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I still haven't see any sign they're airing it here this year.

Glad you guys are enjoying it though!
Old 01-20-2015, 01:24 AM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

That sucks Laura If it doesn't seem they'll be airing it anytime soon, maybe once they get to the finals, you'll be able to watch the performances on YT.

It has been interesting, I like that there are quite a few unique contestants, style and voice-wise. I do hope some of them are able to branch out and do well out of their genres. I'll post my favoruites from last week's episodes later today if I find some time.

Having Adam as judge was awesome though, at first it seemed like he was going to be soft on the auditioners but once he got in the groove, he was giving "No"s abundantly If any of the judges want to take a break at any point, he is very welcome to fill in

| ray
Old 01-22-2015, 03:00 PM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

People who stood out from last week, NY really brought it:
  • Joey Cook: Really quirky, unique voice and style. (This is actually from Kansas auditions)
  • JAX: Probably my favourite so far. She played the piano beautifully and sang I Want to Hold Your Hand in such a lovely way and she has a gorgeous voice and singing style.
  • Najah Lewis: Beautiful voice and way of singing.
  • Shi Scott: I'm not totally sold on her ... yet. She has an interesting voice but it's clear she doesn't sing 'in public'. I think she might be one of the Top 24 though so I'm interested in seeing how she handles herself in Hollywood.
  • Maddie Walker: Young but she seems to know herself musically and she sings really well and in tune. Another possible Top 24 contestant.
  • Qaasim Middleton: Interesting rendition of a Stevie Wonder song. Based on his hairstyle and fashion sense, he might be another Top 24 contestsnt
  • Nick Fradiani and Hollywood Anderson: Two other favourites by the judges, especially Hollywood, he sang a really good original and Adam was right calling it emotional.

Seeing the promo for next week, I totally expected to see Adam there xD

| ray

Last edited by dancing in the rain; 02-09-2015 at 07:23 AM
Old 01-25-2015, 04:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancing in the rain (View Post)
That sucks Laura If it doesn't seem they'll be airing it anytime soon, maybe once they get to the finals, you'll be able to watch the performances on YT.
I just did some googling and yep, they are not airing it because "there was no room for it in the schedule". They're actually planning to air it in the summer or in the fall - as if anyone would watch it then! I'll have to try to watch it online, at least the finals.

Quote:
It has been interesting, I like that there are quite a few unique contestants, style and voice-wise. I do hope some of them are able to branch out and do well out of their genres. I'll post my favoruites from last week's episodes later today if I find some time.
That is good to hear. And interesting to read about your favorites too.

Quote:
Having Adam as judge was awesome though, at first it seemed like he was going to be soft on the auditioners but once he got in the groove, he was giving "No"s abundantly If any of the judges want to take a break at any point, he is very welcome to fill in
Aw, I fully expected Adam to nail it. Good to know he wasn't too soft and had the guts to say no when needed. I will have to catch at least this episode!
Old 01-26-2015, 06:53 AM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cereal Killer (View Post)
I just did some googling and yep, they are not airing it because "there was no room for it in the schedule". They're actually planning to air it in the summer or in the fall - as if anyone would watch it then! I'll have to try to watch it online, at least the finals.
Well that's a lame excuse as any. They know it's going to be on and they already had a spot for it before. And yeah that's a long way from now to wait.

Quote:
That is good to hear. And interesting to read about your favorites too.
It'll be interesting to see how many of the ones I liked make it to the finals and how accurate my predictions for the Top24 will be xD

Quote:
Aw, I fully expected Adam to nail it. Good to know he wasn't too soft and had the guts to say no when needed. I will have to catch at least this episode!
I expected him to be great too It was fun having him on as a judge and hope you do get to watch it!

I still need to watch last week's episodes, I usually catch up on the weekend but family time took precedence xD

| ray
Old 02-08-2015, 03:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancing in the rain (View Post)
Well that's a lame excuse as any. They know it's going to be on and they already had a spot for it before. And yeah that's a long way from now to wait.
Yeah, it's ridiculous. Who cares about it anymore when the winner's been announced months ago?

Quote:
It'll be interesting to see how many of the ones I liked make it to the finals and how accurate my predictions for the Top24 will be xD
Hopefully as many as possible.

Quote:
I expected him to be great too It was fun having him on as a judge and hope you do get to watch it!
Thanks! I will have to start looking for a way to watch it online. I guess there are clips on AI's YT account?

Quote:
I still need to watch last week's episodes, I usually catch up on the weekend but family time took precedence xD
That's totally understandable. Hope you've been able to catch up later!
Old 02-09-2015, 08:55 AM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cereal Killer (View Post)
Yeah, it's ridiculous. Who cares about it anymore when the winner's been announced months ago?
Yeah the excitement wouldn't be the same.

Quote:
Hopefully as many as possible.
Hope so too

Quote:
Thanks! I will have to start looking for a way to watch it online. I guess there are clips on AI's YT account?
Yeah there are, I actually thought of posting videos for my top favourites when I do the recap too.

Quote:
That's totally understandable. Hope you've been able to catch up later!
I did over the past week

I actually wrote up half a recap a couple of days ago but it errored out and I had to write it up again I'll post it tonight.

| ray
Old 02-09-2015, 01:14 PM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

Okay quick recap of the last few audition episodes:
  • Minneapolis:
    • Mark Andrew was my favourite from this episode, one of the very few good/interesting ones. He sang Soulshine, had a really cool vibe and kinda reminded me of Casey Abrams.
    • I liked Vanessa Andrea, great voice and performance quality to her singing.
  • New Orleans:
    • Jelly Joseph, great voice, great control and phrasing.
    • Erica Washington, same as above. Really good.
    • Other good ones, need more work but there's something there: Adam Lasher (cool sound and I liked his phrasing), Quentin Alexander (kinda unique), Greyson Turner & Mikey Duran (good songwriters, okay voice).
  • San Francisco:
    • Hunter Larsen: Really pretty voice, love her quirkiness, she's adorable and she did really well with Senatra's That's Life.
    • Tara Honda: Good voice and singing, bubbly personality.
    • Jaq Mackenzie: Was on the fence about this one like the judges were. I like her. She is good and really interesting but it's like she wants to seem more mature than she actually is. It'll be interesting to see how she fares in the later rounds.
    • Tyanna Jones: Young but confident in her talent. Great voice and quality to her performance. Possible Top24.
    • Other good ones: Daniel Seavey (needs a couple more years to be great but possibly made it to the Top24), Rocky Peter (emotional story, not bad actually and great original song).

After seeing all the auditions, Jax is still my favourite over all followed by Jess Lamb. I'll recap the Hollywood rounds when the rest of it airs.

| ray

Last edited by dancing in the rain; 02-09-2015 at 01:20 PM