Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2019, 05:37 PM
Part-Time Fan

Yep, he's definitely my favorite! I was just re-watching his audition and I got goosebumps and that has never happened to me on Idol before.

I have a feeling about him...
Old 03-14-2019, 05:15 PM
Communications Team Manager
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

Finally got around to watching the episode.

Jeremiah was really good, a standout for sure And that song was great! Amazing talent all around, and sounds so effortless for him. Definitely does not belong as a janitor.

--

Several good ones from this episode, highlights other than Jeremiah:
Madison VanDenburg, young but already seems polished.

Wade Cota, definitely has a unique raspy voice!

--

The judges really need to cut down on their antics, stop interrupting/joining in/dancing with the contestants and just really bring it back to basics where someone comes in, sings a song and they critique them. Occasional fun stuff is fine, but there's just been an overload of it.

JOIN our Communications Team.
| ray
Old 03-17-2019, 02:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Oh man, that sounds super annoying. They will never learn that it’s not about the judges.

Thanks for all the recommendations, I will check them out!
Old 03-20-2019, 02:52 PM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

Apparently not. And yeah sometimes those shenanigans last through-out the performance and just go on for way too long. One can only hope they will be better during the live shows, at least they won't have full range of freedom with the time constraints and the shows having a format they need to follow.

No problem, enjoy when you do! Will be catching up on the latest episode soon.

| ray
Old 03-24-2019, 02:44 AM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

My favourite from the fourth episode, and I think so far this season is Ashley Hess.

MJ described her performance perfectly: "Her tone is gorgeous. So pretty. Effortless phrasing. The best so far tonight, Ashley is a special talent."

| ray
Old 04-01-2019, 10:42 AM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

I don't know why they refused to show us any of Ashley's Hollywood performances

But there were some great performances. As far as I can tell, all the contestants whose auditions were posted here made it to the Showcase round. I'll be watching that one in the next few days.

Ryan's limited presence was quite evident both during the auditions and Hollywood week. Bobby Bones (the in-house mentor) filled a bit of his role during the latter.

A negative note, Hollywood week became Backstories 2.0, they pretty much showed more of the same stories again for a lot of the contestants. And that really affected how much of the performances they showed. I very much would rather see more of the latter. I mean we were already saying those stories take too much of the audition episodes, and now they actually drag into Hollywood week.

| ray
Old 04-01-2019, 04:10 PM
Part-Time Fan

So, I watched most of the Hawaii performances, Jeremiah is still my favorite! I think this season has tremendous talent, I haven't been this excited about Idol since seasons 7 & 8. He slayed Landslide. I truly think he can be the first openly-gay Idol.

My dream top two would have to be Jeremiah & Madison, ATM.

I'm also loving Ashley too! ETA: I have loved her since the auditions. Norah Jones is

I will wait a while to make an official Jeremiah Thread, but I definitely wanna be the one to start it

Last edited by Paper Hearts; 04-01-2019 at 04:53 PM
Old 04-02-2019, 10:46 AM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

I'm halfway through the Hawaii performances, they are delivering some great performances for sure. And some were shaky at best, the cuts so far make sense. Jeremiah has been consistently great so far And sure you can start it! Top 10 could work, which is in a couple of weeks.

Ashley's audition was so good Was glad that at least in the Showcase performances, they can't pick and choose which contestants they show

| ray
Old 04-08-2019, 03:03 PM
Part-Time Fan

OMG x3! Jeremiah sang To Make You Feel My Love. OMG, I first fell in love with that song when Kris [Allen] sang it in Season 8. It is going to be the song that will be my boyfriend & I's first dance song at our wedding I just have a whole lotta history with that song...

Onto the contestants:

I really enjoyed Ashley & Madison. I don't think Uché (he's way too dramatic, IMO) or Logan (his performance was weak) will make it through. Laci was probably my fave female of the night. I flippin' love Alejandro and the things he does with his guitar (I don't know what they're called )
Old 04-13-2019, 08:28 AM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

Aw that's sweet you have a history with that song and that it's going to be your first dance song. And yeah Jeremiah sang it so well, he's just been consistently good throughout.

Favourites from the solo performances: Laci, Walker, Ashley, Alejandro, Eddie and Wade. And those pretty much carried over to the Celebrity duets, added to them Alyssa.

| ray
Old 04-22-2019, 10:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

Old 04-29-2019, 08:16 AM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

That was a lovely performance And it was nice that the contestants came in in the end and did some backup singing.

Late posting this but thought I'd post it anyway. Disney Night was interesting, so was Rebel Wilson's mentoring xD She actually has some good comments for the contestants. Some of the choices were pretty slow for such a hyped-up night. I thought Walker's When She Loved Me from "Toy Story 2" was one of the best ones that night, some great piano playing too and beautiful vocals. Uche (I 2 I from "Goofy Movie"), Madison (How Far I’ll Go from "Moana") and Laine (Oo-De-Lally from "Robin Hood") had fun performances. I know Madison's isn't an easy song to sing live and she did well on it. Alejandro did his usual and showed musicality on Remember Me from "Coco".

Uche was a fun performer, he would have had a blast during Queen week, it would have been interesting seeing him work with Adam.

Will be watching Queen night probably tomorrow.

| ray
Old 04-29-2019, 08:43 AM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

American Idol Season 17 Top 8 Performances & Results

Theme: Queen
Mentor: Adam Lambert

Contestant Choices:
*Alejandro Aranda – Under Pressure
*Alyssa Raghu — Somebody to Love
*Jeremiah Lloyd Harmon — Who Wants to Live Forever
*Laci Kaye Booth — Love of My Life
*Laine Hardy — Fat Bottomed Girls
*Madison VanDenburg — The Show Must Go On
*Wade Cota — We Are the Champions
*Walker Burroughs — Crazy Little Thing Called Love

Movie Themed Duets:
*Laci Kaye Booth & Laine Hardy – Jackson from Walk the Line
*Alyssa Raghu & Wayne Cota – Ain’t No Mountain High Enough from Guardians of the Galaxy
*Jeremiah Lloyd Harmon & Madison VanDenburg – A Million Dreams from The Greatest Showman
*Alejandro Aranda & Walker Burroughs – Mrs. Robinson from The Graduate

-----------------------------------------------

American Idol Season 17 Top 6 Performances & Results

Theme: Woodstock & Inspirational Showstoppers
Mentor: Lauren Daigle

Woodstock Theme
Madison VanDenberg – Piece of My Heart by Janis Joplin/Erma Franklin
Wade Cota – With a Little Help from My Friends by Joe Cocker/The Beatles
Jeremiah Lloyd Harmon – Swing Low, Sweet Chariot by Joan Baez
Laine Hardy – I Don’t Need No Doctor by Joe Cocker/Ray Charles
Alejandro Aranda – White Rabbit by Jefferson Airplane
Laci Kaye Booth – To Love Somebody by Janis Joplin/Bee Gees

Inspirational Showstoppers Theme
Laine Hardy – Johnny B. Goode by Chuck Berry
Laci Kaye Booth – Open Arms by Journey
Wade Cota – Through the Valley by Shawn James
Alejandro Aranda – Poison (Original song)
Madison VanDenberg – I Surrender by Celine Dion
Jeremiah Lloyd Harmon – Somewhere by Barbra Streisand

| ray
Old 05-12-2019, 03:04 PM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

Queen night was fun. As expected Adam gave great advice and really helped the contestants bring out better performances. Jeremiah and Laci were probably the best of the night. Jeremiah did amazing with Who Wants to Live Forever. Walter was good too, I liked that he tried to move more and used the whole stage. Madison continues to give powerful vocals but she is just not connecting with what the songs are about. Alyssa is kind of the same, great vocals but there's just something missing. Alejandro, while always unique and artistic, his vocals are probably the weakest. Wade performed with passion but it was a bit all over the place. And finally Laine... is staying in his lane, while it has been working for him, delivering consistently good performances, it has become pretty much the same week in and week out. As for the eliminations, I think everyone, including Wade, was expecting he would go home, but he seems to have a strong fanbase. Alyssa just has not been connecting with the audience so kind of expected she was B2. I really wished Walker wasn't eliminated though! He's had some really good performances and as we saw from this night, he had the potential to grow even more.

Woodstock/Inspirational Showstoppers: Unexpectedly, Wade and Alejandro had their best night with this one, and pretty much topped the others with both perfect song choices and great performances. Madison continues to smile throughout an emotional song, she did much better in I Surrender though. Coming off a strong week, both Jeremiah and Laci faltered in their songs. Jeremiah came out strong with Swing Low, Sweet Chariot but then it seems he started in the wrong key with Somewhere and it took him a long time to recover, he did finish out strong. No special comments for Laine, he delivered solid performances of songs in the same genre he's been doing. He did try to add in some movement for Johnny B. Goode which was fine (and prompted another one of Katy's "episodes"). Surprising B2 with Laci and Jeremiah, because they were supposed favourites despite their faltering tonight. Laci was probably the one saved to give the Top 5 more than one female and also in the long run, she might be more marketable.

General note, it seems this has become Standing O and virtually zero constructive criticism season where literally every performance and singer is "outstanding". Those contestants are not getting any mentorship outside of the guest mentors, which thankfully have been great so far.

| ray
Old 05-12-2019, 03:06 PM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

American Idol Season 17 Top 5 Performances & Results

Theme: Elton John/Bobby Bones/Mom’s Day
Mentor: ?

The Songs of Elton John
Alejandro Aranda – Sorry Seems to Be the Hardest Word
Laci Kaye Booth – Saturday Night’s Alright for Fighting
Laine Hardy – Something About the Way You Look Tonight (Laine has performed this song in the past)
Madison VanDenburg – Your Song
Wade Cota – Rocket Man

Bobby Bones Pick
Alejandro Aranda – No Woman No Cry by Bob Marley and the Wailers
Laci Kaye Booth – The House that Built Me by Miranda Lambert
Laine Hardy – Can’t You See by the Marshall Tucker Band
Madison VanDenburg – What About Us by Pink
Wade Cota – You Are The Best Thing by Ray Lamontagne

Hero Tributes
Alejandro Aranda – Blesser (Original Song) this
Laci Kaye Booth – Dreams by Fleetwood Mac
Laine Hardy – Hey Jude by The Beatles