| ray

Last edited by dancing in the rain; 04-15-2014 at 11:30 PM
Old 04-09-2014, 07:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Cookie!
Old 04-09-2014, 08:13 PM
Extreme Fan

^ ^ He was great!
Caleb was probably my favorite tonight. Also liked how Alex and Jena changed up their songs. I thought Jess was really good vocally but she didn't look completely comfortable walking around on stage without her guitar. Still love her though lol.
The judges were annoying tonight, especially Harry with the way he was running all over and into the crowd
Old 04-09-2014, 09:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I watched his mentoring parts and he was excellent! Can they have him as a mentor all the time? Randy who?
Old 04-09-2014, 11:02 PM
Communications Team Manager
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

Looking forward to seeing him mentor those contestants!

JOIN our Communications Team.
| ray
Old 04-09-2014, 11:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

You'll love it.

I think I'll check out all the performances today since I looked up the videos because of David. xD
Old 04-10-2014, 06:28 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cereal Killer (View Post)
You'll love it.

I think I'll check out all the performances today since I looked up the videos because of David. xD
Absolutely! David was incredible with these contestants....he really advanced every one of their performances with his knowledge of music and stage presence. They need to find a way to have him be a big part of this show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah598 (View Post)
^ ^ He was great!
Caleb was probably my favorite tonight. Also liked how Alex and Jena changed up their songs. I thought Jess was really good vocally but she didn't look completely comfortable walking around on stage without her guitar. Still love her though lol.
The judges were annoying tonight, especially Harry with the way he was running all over and into the crowd
Agree...Caleb's performance was spot on as usual...he really is a great artist.

Alex's version of "Every Breath You Take" blew me away. I have always figured that Caleb was the one to beat this season, but Alex is really becoming more and more of a favorite of mine.

Harry was being annoying

Its interesting ....IMO, it seems to me that Keith is the true musician of all the judges. He seems to have a love for music in general that shows not only in his advice but more so if you watch him listening to the performances, he is really into them. Its cool how he seems to know the words to just about any song.

I could be wrong
Old 04-10-2014, 11:52 AM
Supreme Fan

Did Ryan lose a lil control of the show last night with Harry being a weirdo? That was just odd!

☆Krys ☆
Old 04-10-2014, 07:46 PM
Extreme Fan

^ ^ I'm not blaming that on Ryan, that's all on Harry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snohawk (View Post)
Alex's version of "Every Breath You Take" blew me away. I have always figured that Caleb was the one to beat this season, but Alex is really becoming more and more of a favorite of mine.
I will be surprised if Alex doesn't win.

I felt bad for Malaya, I hate it when they make them sing when they're fighting back tears.
Old 04-11-2014, 01:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

Okay here is my littel review

Jena -> Love that song she sang! Her version was really good! I liked it!
Jessica -> Did a good performance. But last week´s was better.
Malaya -> Had some good parts in her performance.
Alex -> He did a really good job.
Dexter -> Maybe I`m the only fan of him but whatever I can live with that Loved that song he sang. I didn`t know the song but it was groovy!
Caleb -> Great performance!
Sam -> Did a good job.
CJ -> Has a wonderful timbre in his voice.

Caleb was the best! Like always
Oh and I loved the duet from Caleb & Jena and the duet from Dexter & Jess

I`m not sad, that Malaya got eliminated. My Top 3 still are Caleb, Jess and Jena.

PS: Keith is my favourite judge. Damn why does he look so good
And Harry didn`t annoy me he was very entertaining
Oh and David Cook was a great mentor. Can he please stay their mentor? Please?
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~

Last edited by BlackWhiteRose; 04-11-2014 at 01:39 AM
Old 04-14-2014, 12:42 AM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

I really love the song Alex sang and eventhough he changed it up quite a bit, I still really loved it. I didn't agree with Jen that it sucked the soul out of the song (she said the same about Don't Speak), because the way Alex sings his songs even if it seems "slower" than it's intended, he still pulls me into the performances.

Jena did well with her song too but it seemed something was off until she got to the third part of the song, the second part was barely audible. I love how she attacks every song, makes me enjoy her performances.

I loved hearing Caleb do a softer song. But it did feel like his vocal was straining a bit in the beginning because he's used to just go all the way up right from the start in his other performances. I enjoyed it though. Sam did better than before, it seems he's trying to up his game. He still needs a lot of work though. I loved Allison's harmonies with him though. And did anyone else think he was in the Bottom3 again and that's why all of a sudden, they only announced the Bottom2?

Quote:
I thought Jess was really good vocally but she didn't look completely comfortable walking around on stage without her guitar. Still love her though lol.
I feel the same way about her performance and her in general She's still one of my favourites but she wasn't completely in her element during this one.

Quote:
I really loved it. I'm just a fan of his style so when he changes any song to fit that style, I just love it. And his phrasing and melodies are always so interesting.

Quote:
Its interesting ....IMO, it seems to me that Keith is the true musician of all the judges. He seems to have a love for music in general that shows not only in his advice but more so if you watch him listening to the performances, he is really into them. Its cool how he seems to know the words to just about any song.
Keith is really good and I like him even more this season because like I mentioned somewhere else, he's actually able to judge properly instead of being held up by the shenanigans of the Nikki/Mariah feud last season. I think both him and Harry are great musicians but it's like you said, Keith is actually 'looser' about it and gives himself the chance to enjoy the performances while Harry tries to keep the judging part more professional and focuses more on the technicalities of the contestants' singing.

I was okay with Harry going into the crowd until the part with girl on his shoulders, that might have started as a fun gesture but ended up badly with him having to bring her up to the judges' table. It did seem like he wanted to get her down asap but it didn't work.

| ray
Old 04-14-2014, 08:00 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancing in the rain (View Post)
I really love the song Alex sang and eventhough he changed it up quite a bit, I still really loved it. I didn't agree with Jen that it sucked the soul out of the song (she said the same about Don't Speak), because the way Alex sings his songs even if it seems "slower" than it's intended, he still pulls me into the performances.

I really loved it. I'm just a fan of his style so when he changes any song to fit that style, I just love it. And his phrasing and melodies are always so interesting
Spot on....his unique style is what makes him the kind of artist I really enjoy. I must of listened to that performance 10 times since it aired.

Quote:
Sam did better than before, it seems he's trying to up his game. He still needs a lot of work though. I loved Allison's harmonies with him though. And did anyone else think he was in the Bottom3 again and that's why all of a sudden, they only announced the Bottom2?
I did notice that. He needs to really up his game or he will not survive the coming weeks.

Quote:
I was okay with Harry going into the crowd until the part with girl on his shoulders, that might have started as a fun gesture but ended up badly with him having to bring her up to the judges' table. It did seem like he wanted to get her down asap but it didn't work.
LOL - That was quite.....awkward

Quote:
I will be surprised if Alex doesn't win.

I felt bad for Malaya, I hate it when they make them sing when they're fighting back tears.
Agree on Alex...he has an outstanding chance.

Yeah, never seems fair to put them through that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWhiteRose (View Post)
PS: Keith is my favourite judge. Damn why does he look so good
I can relate...if I had different hair, eye color, was younger, a little shorter, and if my face was a different structure, I would look just like him

This week's theme will be very interesting......they (each other) are choosing the songs for their competitors to perform. This could go many different ways.
Old 04-14-2014, 07:32 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Jena did well with her song too but it seemed something was off until she got to the third part of the song, the second part was barely audible. I love how she attacks every song, makes me enjoy her performances.

I feel the same way about her performance and her in general She's still one of my favourites but she wasn't completely in her element during this one.
That's why I enjoy Jena's performances too, even if at times they are a little all over the place. I'm liking her more and more as the season goes on.

Yeah, it seemed like Jess was over thinking things with that performance. I think she's used to playing on small stages standing in one place with her guitar and not having to work the whole stage like that. I'm hoping she at least makes it to the Top 3. I really want to see the Slapout hometown visit lol.

Quote:

This week's theme will be very interesting......they (each other) are choosing the songs for their competitors to perform. This could go many different ways.
That was awkward I just hope Harry tones it down and goes back to normal this week.

The theme this week is gonna be interesting...I hope they picked good songs for each other! They could so easily pick bad songs to sabotage each other
Old 04-14-2014, 11:17 PM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

Quote:
Spot on....his unique style is what makes him the kind of artist I really enjoy. I must of listened to that performance 10 times since it aired.
Yeah I feel the same way.

And another thing, I've been reading that people didn't like that he turned this song from 'stalkerish' to 'sweet' but like he said it can be interpreted in another way, it's unrequited love that has the guy longingly looking at the girl wishing things were different. It's a stalkerish aspect, I'm not denying that, but from the guy's perspective, it could be that he just loves looking at her especially when that's the only thing he has.

Quote:
I did notice that. He needs to really up his game or he will not survive the coming weeks.
Yeah he started with that this past week but he needs to even more ... at least until the ones who really are not as good are eliminated because if he doesn't go next, I don't see him lasting beyond Top5.

Quote:
Very

Quote:
It is interesting and yeah like Sarah said, they could try to sabotage eachother in a subtle way

Quote:
That's why I enjoy Jena's performances too, even if at times they are a little all over the place. I'm liking her more and more as the season goes on.
Yeah me too and it helps that she knows the kind of songs that suit her so that's never the issue.

Quote:
Yeah, it seemed like Jess was over thinking things with that performance. I think she's used to playing on small stages standing in one place with her guitar and not having to work the whole stage like that. I'm hoping she at least makes it to the Top 3. I really want to see the Slapout hometown visit lol.
Yeah that's probably what it is and for the most part this season, she has been with the guitar so it will take a bit of time for her to get the hang of it and be more comfortable walking around.

Quote:
That was awkward I just hope Harry tones it down and goes back to normal this week.
Yeah me too. I mean he can try and be funny but shouldn't be over the top with it.

| ray
Old 04-16-2014, 05:05 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Yeah I feel the same way.

And another thing, I've been reading that people didn't like that he turned this song from 'stalkerish' to 'sweet' but like he said it can be interpreted in another way, it's unrequited love that has the guy longingly looking at the girl wishing things were different. It's a stalkerish aspect, I'm not denying that, but from the guy's perspective, it could be that he just loves looking at her especially when that's the only thing he has.
It seems like anytime an arrangement of a popular song gets changed that much some people aren't going to like it no matter what. Like some didn't care for how Jena did Rolling in the Deep.

Quote:
Yeah he started with that this past week but he needs to even more ... at least until the ones who really are not as good are eliminated because if he doesn't go next, I don't see him lasting beyond Top5.
Yeah, that was probably the most animated we've seen Sam during a performance this season.

Quote:
Yeah me too and it helps that she knows the kind of songs that suit her so that's never the issue.
Definitely I thought Jena mentioned at one point that she used to front a band so that helps with her good stage presence.

Quote:
Yeah that's probably what it is and for the most part this season, she has been with the guitar so it will take a bit of time for her to get the hang of it and be more comfortable walking around.
Strangely though I thought Jess looked pretty comfortable on stage without it during her duets. It probably helps though to have someone else to play off of on stage.

Quote:
Yeah me too. I mean he can try and be funny but shouldn't be over the top with it.
Yeah for sure I get wanting to keep the mood light but they shouldn't be overshadowing the contestants.