Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2014, 11:39 PM
Communications Team Manager
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

American Idol Season 13 Top 04 Performances and Results: Love ~ Break-Ups and Make-Ups

American Idol Season 13 Top 04 Performances and Results

Theme: Love: Break-Ups and Make-Ups
The finalists will sing songs about love, heartbreak, and reconciliation.

Performances -> Math 7th | Results -> May 8th 2014

JOIN our Communications Team.
| ray
Old 05-07-2014, 12:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

TFTNT!
Only four people left ...
Can`t wait what they´re going to sing.
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 05-07-2014, 02:18 AM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

Yeah me too. It's a pretty open theme though because what else are songs written about? Alex should do awesome with this theme.

And I love their Top4 picture

| ray

Last edited by dancing in the rain; 05-07-2014 at 02:23 AM
Old 05-07-2014, 06:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

I don`t want that anyone leave...
Anyway I think now the Top 3 will be Jena, Caleb and Alex.
I deeply love Jessica´s voice and she´s super cool and everything but Alex improved so much.
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 05-07-2014, 06:32 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWhiteRose (View Post)
I don`t want that anyone leave...
Anyway I think now the Top 3 will be Jena, Caleb and Alex.
I deeply love Jessica´s voice and she´s super cool and everything but Alex improved so much.
I can't add anything to this....says it all
Old 05-07-2014, 08:15 PM
Extreme Fan

The Top 4 picture is great

Everybody saved their best for last! I thought they were all great on their last songs. Jena slayed 'Can't Help Falling In Love' but it was ridiculous that JLo went on stage after the performance. Jess is still my favorite but I'm prepared for her to be the one to go home tomorrow. Loved her performance of 'You and I' though.

ETA: Congrats to Jena, Caleb and Alex on making the Top 3 and getting their hometown visits!
Aw Jess was so sad I will really miss her on the show next week.

Last edited by sarah598; 05-08-2014 at 08:08 PM
Old 05-09-2014, 03:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

I was right about the Top 3!

Loved it how Caleb started the show! The song was awesome! And his second performance rocked! I loved it!
And Jena is just amazing! Loved it!

More later.

Last edited by BlackWhiteRose; 05-09-2014 at 04:10 AM
Old 05-09-2014, 08:55 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah598 (View Post)
The Top 4 picture is great

Everybody saved their best for last! I thought they were all great on their last songs. Jena slayed 'Can't Help Falling In Love' but it was ridiculous that JLo went on stage after the performance. Jess is still my favorite but I'm prepared for her to be the one to go home tomorrow. Loved her performance of 'You and I' though.

ETA: Congrats to Jena, Caleb and Alex on making the Top 3 and getting their hometown visits!
Agree on Jena...she really nailed that song. Not sure what was up with JLO....awkward at best.

That was very sad for Jess.....always hate to see that....at this point their very soul is part of it.

Quote:
I was right about the Top 3!

Loved it how Caleb started the show! The song was awesome! And his second performance rocked! I loved it!

More later.
Yep....you called it

Caleb sure was spot on ...loved all his songs. Jena was awesome as well.

Alex's 'Yellow' was incredible.....I do like his style.

And then there were 3...........

From what I can gather so far, it looks like the coming week's theme will be one song picked by a judge, one by Randy Jackson, and one by the contestant's hometown. Scotty McCreery to perform on results show.

I don't even want to guess this week who will be next to go home......they all are so talented.

Hoping the best for them.......pulling for Alex
Old 05-11-2014, 06:41 AM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

The night had its ups and downs, the last round was my favourite, the second one my least favourite. Caleb was awesome on Maybe I'm Amazed, Jena on Can't Help Falling In Love and Alex on Yellow.

I thought Alex did better on Too Close than the judges gave him credit. I really loved the way he sang it, he gave it a bit of an edge that I thought was interesting. [i]I'm Yours[i] was just okay but Yellow was amazing.

I loved Jena's Heartbreaker, she totally owned the song and sang it really well with the right attitude and everything. Can't Help Falling In Love was amazing of course; Bad Romance wasn't my favourite of hers.

Caleb was great on You Give Love A Bad Name and Travelling Band but I'm finding those sounding the same or at least similar. Maybe I'm Amazed was amazing though and I loved Harry's comment about him singing softly as opposed to slowly, I think that's what I've been waiting from him.

I liked Jess' You and I. The first two songs weren't necessarily the best choices but I thought she did well with them. And there's more mention from the contestants that they're basically handed those songs so it doesn't seem like she had much "choice" in the matter which sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah598 (View Post)
Everybody saved their best for last! I thought they were all great on their last songs.
They definitely did, both choice and performance.

Quote:
I know And after such hard critiques from the judges. The producers must be happy to finally get what they wanted when it comes to her As hard as it is, I also prepared myself for it.

Quote:
They were awesome They slayed their performances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snohawk (View Post)
That was very sad for Jess.....always hate to see that....at this point their very soul is part of it.
Yeah it really is. And I think it's even harder for people like Jess, who has been trying to make it for so long and has worked so much to get to where she is. I really hope the best for her.

Quote:
Alex's 'Yellow' was incredible.....I do like his style.
It was a gorgeous performance.

Quote:
From what I can gather so far, it looks like the coming week's theme will be one song picked by a judge, one by Randy Jackson, and one by the contestant's hometown. Scotty McCreery to perform on results show.
Yeah was just reading that. Afraid to even think about Randy's choices

| ray
Old 05-13-2014, 08:05 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancing in the rain (View Post)
I liked Jess' You and I. The first two songs weren't necessarily the best choices but I thought she did well with them. And there's more mention from the contestants that they're basically handed those songs so it doesn't seem like she had much "choice" in the matter which sucks.

Yeah was just reading that. Afraid to even think about Randy's choices
Yeah, Jess mentioned in an interview that they were all going to do original songs for one round of Top 4 but at the last minute it was changed and they all had to pick different songs from a very short list. That's how she ended up with 'So What'. That's disappointing...I would've loved to hear more originals from the contestants.

Yikes Randy gets to pick songs.
Old 05-13-2014, 11:49 PM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

Yeah that's what I read too. It is too bad, it would have been a much more interesting theme and it's apparently why that round wasn't the best, the contestants had to scramble to work their performances out.

I remember he gave Kree a Pink song last season right?

| ray
Old 05-14-2014, 07:50 PM
Extreme Fan

That really wasn't a strong round. The contestants were probably disappointed that they didn't get to do their own songs too.

I think it was Jimmy Iovine that gave Kree 'Perfect' and the judges gave her 'Here Comes Goodbye'.
Old 05-15-2014, 02:25 AM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

That too

Oh okay, yeah I couldn't remember for sure.

| ray