American Idol Season 13 Auditions and Hollywood Rounds

January 15 - January 30, 2014

Wednesday, Jan. 15 (8:00-10:00 PM) Season Premiere, Part 1 – Boston, MA
Thursday, Jan. 16 (8:00-10:00 PM) Season Premiere, Part 2 – Austin, TX
Wednesday, Jan. 22 (8:00-10:00 PM) Detroit, MI & Salt Lake City, UT
Thursday, Jan. 23 (8:00-9:00 PM) Atlanta, GA
Wednesday, Jan. 29 (8:00-10:00 PM) Omaha, NE & San Francisco, CA
Thursday, Jan. 30 (8:00-9:00 PM) The Road to Hollywood

Check the Boston/Austin Auditions Recap!

JOIN our Communications Team.
| ray

Last edited by dancing in the rain; 02-18-2014 at 01:03 AM
Old 01-18-2014, 04:05 PM
Communications Team Manager
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

And we're back! I've only seen the premiere so far and it was a good start to the season. There weren't any spectacular auditioners but I thought there were a few really good ones and some good ones that I liked. The judges were a bit generous with the golden tickets and the decisions weren't very consistent but overall, things are looking good so far!

Three things I absolutely loved about the "new" show:
  • No more blatant focus on sob stories! What a difference it makes. They mentioned 2 or 3 "hardship" stories but they didn't focus on them and didn't make them seem like the reason people should be voting for the contestants.
  • No more blatant focus on the silly, outrageously awful auditions that are for "laughs". It's about the talent.
  • Harry Connick Jr. I abso-freakin'-lutely love him as judge (Yes that is a word he actually used for one audition ) He knows the music and knows what he's talking about. He wasn't impressed with a lot of the ones that Jennifer and Keith were totally taken by and he actually called them on it in a hilarious bit

At one point he was explaining what a technical phrase meant and Jen just went ...

And I really love that he does and that with him on the show, he can give the contestants some of it.

I'll be watching the second episode tomorrow.

| ray
Old 01-19-2014, 03:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the thread!

The first two auditions were really cool! Loved them! The judges are great too. Harry is better than I thought.
I liked last season too. (I mean this show is much better than this horrible German Idol show from my country so I`m happy American Idol exists so I can watch that instead )
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 01-22-2014, 02:19 PM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

You're welcome!

I was actually looking forward to Harry as judge from the beginning so I'm excited to see what he'll be to do on the show.

I don't watch the Idol my country either

| ray
Old 01-23-2014, 10:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for the thread, Ray! They'll finally air the first episode here tonight so I'll be back with more comments after it.

Quote:
At one point he was explaining what a technical phrase meant and Jen just went ...
I love this. When there's nothing else she can say...
Old 01-24-2014, 06:42 PM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

It's what I was thinking

That's awesome! Enjoy

| ray
Old 01-25-2014, 02:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

I am so so so happy about the judges this season! I've watched the first two episodes with a huge grin on my face. Last year was so painful, I felt like quitting a hundred times, but now it feels like I got my AI back. All the new little things are working really well and you can see they've put a lot of thought into how to freshen up the show. The judges are so entertaining to watch and they have the best chemistry too which is awesome! Harry is a fantastic addition, he's so funny and he's not afraid to say what he really think and the show needs someone like him. And also, what Keith said about him looking forward to going to work everyday. That really shows, they have a lot of fun judging and that makes me enjoy the show more too.

And there have been really interesting contestants so far too so it should be a great season.

Also YAY the show is back, I'm so excited!!
Old 01-27-2014, 08:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancing in the rain (View Post)
You're welcome!

I was actually looking forward to Harry as judge from the beginning so I'm excited to see what he'll be to do on the show.

I don't watch the Idol my country either
Oh I`m not the only one who hates the Idol show of her own country. Where are you from?

And Harry is a really good judge.

Nice audtions so far. I`ve seen some really good singers. Does someone know how many audtion episodes are left until the Hollywood episodes?
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 01-28-2014, 01:27 PM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soleya (View Post)
I am so so so happy about the judges this season! I've watched the first two episodes with a huge grin on my face. Last year was so painful, I felt like quitting a hundred times, but now it feels like I got my AI back. All the new little things are working really well and you can see they've put a lot of thought into how to freshen up the show. The judges are so entertaining to watch and they have the best chemistry too which is awesome! Harry is a fantastic addition, he's so funny and he's not afraid to say what he really think and the show needs someone like him. And also, what Keith said about him looking forward to going to work everyday. That really shows, they have a lot of fun judging and that makes me enjoy the show more too.
It's easy watching them together which cannot be said about last year's panel. I love seeing Harry at work and yes it definitely shows that's he loves it and enjoys it. Keith is still awesome and Jennifer isn't as annoying as before and we've only two "goosies" reference so far I love when Harry and Keith go at it and just have fun and say those witty comments.

Quote:
And there have been really interesting contestants so far too so it should be a great season.
There have I like that there are new "flavors" in the types of singers too.

Quote:
Also YAY the show is back, I'm so excited!!
I'm really looking forward to each episode!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWhiteRose (View Post)
Oh I`m not the only one who hates the Idol show of her own country. Where are you from?
Middle East, ours is called Arab Idol.

Quote:
And Harry is a really good judge.
I'm really enjoying watching him

Quote:
Nice audtions so far. I`ve seen some really good singers. Does someone know how many audtion episodes are left until the Hollywood episodes?
I think there are still 2 more next week and then Hollywood rounds are the week after.

| ray
Old 01-29-2014, 09:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

@dancing in the rain: Thanks for your answers to my questions
Arab Idol sounds interesting
Old 01-30-2014, 03:06 PM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

No problem Betty

Saw the latest episodes and there were a couple of interesting auditioners. I like that it seems this year has some 'new' kind of talent. From the third episode, I liked David who sang Too Close and was on the show either last year or the one before; Eric who sang the John Mayer song; Ryan with the cool hair and 'hipster' style ; and Marialle who sang Grenade. Favourite moment was Harry singing for Keith as an auditioner and then having him sign his leg

From the fourth episode I liked only a couple, Jesse who sang Washed By The Water and Jessica with an original song.

| ray
Old 02-01-2014, 04:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

enjoying this season - love the judges this season. harry is hilarious and i love how they constantly tease jennifer for being adored by most of the people auditioning or her glamourous lifestyle compared to the 2 guys
Old 02-02-2014, 04:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yes me too! And she seems to enjoy the teasing so it's all good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancing in the rain (View Post)

Favourite moment was Harry singing for Keith as an auditioner and then having him sign his leg
Same for me, I was laughing so hard during that bit. I love those two together, Harry is bringing out a really funny side from Keith too!

I saw a lot of people I liked in the 3rd and 4th episodes, though no one who really left a lasting impression yet. But great potential! They let in a lot of people who I know are going to drop first when they get to Hollywood.
Old 02-03-2014, 12:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I forgot to post here! I've seen the first 4 episodes so far and I'm loving it! The show definitely has a different vibe this year and it's got to do with the new judging panel and that TPTB is not (so obviously) manipulating the talent.

Harry is JUST AWESOME, I'm so happy he's a judge now! And Keith can be his best now with Harry, and I love how bromantic they already are, I totally ship it. xD I loved Harry's "audition" and Keith signing his leg, and Harry confessing he has weird feeling towards Keith.

Also JLo is alright so far, but I remember we said that in S10 too, the live shows will show if she's really there to judge this year, so I'm not giving her a pass yet.

There have been some really interesting contestants this year and I'm definitely excited to see them again in Hollywood and beyond. I hope we get a really good top 12!

I'm also liking the new production, though did anyone notice that the auditions are a bit more X Factor-esque with the camera "casually" filming "conversations" between the auditioners and/or their family?
Old 02-04-2014, 03:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

I totally "ship" Harry & Keith I love their bromance We should open a thread about them

And I`m looking foward to the Hollywood weeks.

The audtions were pretty good.