Music of Motor City
Performances | March 27 -- Results | March 28 2013

source

Check the episode Recap!

JOIN our Communications Team.
| ray
Old 03-28-2013, 11:55 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh, I love Motown. Interesting song choices, looking forward to watching this!
Old 03-28-2013, 11:57 AM
MST Manager

I love Motown too.
Old 03-28-2013, 01:55 PM
Communications Team Manager
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

Yeah, it's one of my favourite themes

| ray
Old 03-31-2013, 09:38 AM
Extreme Fan

I was sad to see Devin go home I guess it was easy to see that coming though with him always being in the bottom. He just didn't connect well with the audience and it wouldn't have mattered if the judges used the save on him, he would have been right back in the bottom the next time.

I liked Janelle's performance this week, she's done better the last few weeks. Candice, Kree and Burnell were good as usual. Not sure what was going on with Angie, that was a weird performance from her.

So this coming week I wonder if the judges will be forced to use the save on one of the girls depending on how Lazaro does.

Mariah and Nicki are really becoming annoying at times ugh. Loved Keith's performance though
Old 03-31-2013, 04:35 PM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah598 (View Post)
I was sad to see Devin go home I guess it was easy to see that coming though with him always being in the bottom. He just didn't connect well with the audience and it wouldn't have mattered if the judges used the save on him, he would have been right back in the bottom the next time.
Well Lazaro has a pretty devoted fanbase I mean he's sweet and everything but he is the weakest of the bunch and Jimmy's prediction should have been the way things went. I do agree that the save probably wouldn't have given him many more weeks anyway. And wow, 2 boys remaining, the producers must be ecstatic

Quote:
I liked Janelle's performance this week, she's done better the last few weeks. Candice, Kree and Burnell were good as usual. Not sure what was going on with Angie, that was a weird performance from her.
Felt the same about those performances My favourites of the night were probably Candice and Janelle. Candice's vocals were amazing as usual and her performance was great, she was into it the whole time. And Janelle's version of the song was pretty awesome. And yeah Angela's wasn't as good as we've come to expect. Hopefully she goes back to her usual performances by next week.

Quote:
So this coming week I wonder if the judges will be forced to use the save on one of the girls depending on how Lazaro does.
His fanbase seems to be pretty solid so I'm interested to see how things will go from now on, I think it's pretty obvious he's the weakest now and from the girls probably Janelle although in general everyone who's left is really talented.

Quote:
Mariah and Nicki are really becoming annoying at times ugh. Loved Keith's performance though
I was going to comment on that. Some of Nicki's comments are way too much and Mariah is becoming too much of a Diva with the way she behaves sometimes. And this is from previous weeks, but Nicki's comments about the contestants 'look' are putting too much focus on it sometimes.

Other general notes, Devin's performance was good, not Adam Lambert good , but a good rendition. One Republic and Colton performing on the results show was pretty cool too.

| ray
Old 04-01-2013, 06:39 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancing in the rain (View Post)
And wow, 2 boys remaining, the producers must be ecstatic
LOL no kidding

Quote:
Felt the same about those performances My favourites of the night were probably Candice and Janelle. Candice's vocals were amazing as usual and her performance was great, she was into it the whole time. And Janelle's version of the song was pretty awesome. And yeah Angela's wasn't as good as we've come to expect. Hopefully she goes back to her usual performances by next week.
Candice has been really good every week And if Janelle isn't going to get voted off anytime soon I'm at least glad she's done better lately. I hope Angie does better this week so she doesn't have two bad performances in a row.

Quote:
I was going to comment on that. Some of Nicki's comments are way too much and Mariah is becoming too much of a Diva with the way she behaves sometimes. And this is from previous weeks, but Nicki's comments about the contestants 'look' are putting too much focus on it sometimes.
Yep the way they act is really annoying at times, half the time I don't know what Nicki is talking about. They never acknowledge each other either, which seems to make things worse sometimes too.

Quote:
Other general notes, Devin's performance was good, not Adam Lambert good , but a good rendition. One Republic and Colton performing on the results show was pretty cool too.
Oh for sure not Adam good But I still don't think Devin should have went home quite yet.
Old 04-02-2013, 01:32 PM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

Yeah I agree about Devin, he should have still had a week or two. And I think it was kind of a shock that the judges didn't use their save, even Ryan was like Wow, really?

| ray
Old 04-03-2013, 07:34 PM
Extreme Fan

It was a little shocking because his sing for the save performance was really good. Maybe the judge(s) that said no just figured he had no chance to win so keep the save for someone who would go a little farther.
Old 04-04-2013, 03:17 AM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

Yeah exactly, save it for someone who actually has the chance to make it to the finals like Jessica last year.

| ray
Old 04-13-2013, 06:25 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I watched these episodes a week ago, I need to post something here before the next one this weekend.

Like you guys, I really loved Janelle, Candice and Kree this week. Janelle version of that songs was awesome, I agreed with Jimmy that it could have been a really cool cover at the end of her own concert. Candice and Kree are just consistently great.

I thought Burnell and Amber did well too. Devin was pretty good, but yeah, not Adam Lambert good. I agree, it wouldn't have been worth it to save him because he was never going to win. He gave a really good exit performance though with Impossible.

Angie's performance was weird in my opinion too, definitely her weakest so far. Lazaro did redeem himself after the previous week with his solo performance. But then he messed it up again in the group performance.

Speaking of which, the best one was definitely Candice, Amber and Angie's, pretty much perfect. Kree and Janelle were okay too. The boys were a total mess. Probably Lazaro's and a little bit of Devin's fault. Kinda loved it when Burnell totally saved his own ass. xD

Enjoyed the results show with One Republic & Katharine McPhee and Colton performing. Idol really likes to flaunt how well the former contestants are doing, doesn't it? And I loved that the top 5 were all girls and the top 3 was my top 3 faves too.

ETA: Wanted to comment on Nicki and Mariah too. I agree, they are getting weirder and weirder. Mariah acted like she was a bit tipsy this week. And Nicki is spending too much time commenting on people's wardrobe. Plus she's getting obnoxious. I mean, "penises"?

Quote:
They never acknowledge each other either, which seems to make things worse sometimes too.
I've noticed that too, their dislike for each other is palpable.

Last edited by Cereal Killer; 04-13-2013 at 07:04 AM
Old 04-14-2013, 05:31 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cereal Killer (View Post)
Enjoyed the results show with One Republic & Katharine McPhee and Colton performing. Idol really likes to flaunt how well the former contestants are doing, doesn't it? And I loved that the top 5 were all girls and the top 3 was my top 3 faves too.
Those were good performances by Colton, One Republic and Katharine Idol sure does like to remind everyone how well the former Idols are doing And why shouldn't they, with all the hit songs, platinum albums and awards former Idols have.

Quote:
ETA: Wanted to comment on Nicki and Mariah too. I agree, they are getting weirder and weirder. Mariah acted like she was a bit tipsy this week. And Nicki is spending too much time commenting on people's wardrobe. Plus she's getting obnoxious. I mean, "penises"?

I've noticed that too, their dislike for each other is palpable.
Their behavior is annoying and it's disappointing because they had the potential to be good judges. I appreciate Nicki's honesty, but like you said she is obnoxious.
Old 04-19-2013, 04:04 PM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

Quote:
I watched these episodes a week ago, I need to post something here before the next one this weekend.
Motivation always helps

Quote:
Like you guys, I really loved Janelle, Candice and Kree this week. Janelle version of that songs was awesome, I agreed with Jimmy that it could have been a really cool cover at the end of her own concert. Candice and Kree are just consistently great.
This is probably my favourite Janelle performance And it was her swan song

Quote:
I thought Burnell and Amber did well too. Devin was pretty good, but yeah, not Adam Lambert good. I agree, it wouldn't have been worth it to save him because he was never going to win. He gave a really good exit performance though with Impossible.
Yeah it was really good

Quote:
Angie's performance was weird in my opinion too, definitely her weakest so far. Lazaro did redeem himself after the previous week with his solo performance. But then he messed it up again in the group performance.
And Burnell and Devin totally saved themselves after that one

Quote:
Speaking of which, the best one was definitely Candice, Amber and Angie's, pretty much perfect. Kree and Janelle were okay too. The boys were a total mess. Probably Lazaro's and a little bit of Devin's fault. Kinda loved it when Burnell totally saved his own ass. xD
The girls killed it! Candice pretty much slayed it with her vocals.

Quote:
It was an awesome performance And yeah, this year especially with the whole effects and comments in the videos And yeah I guess, like Sarah said, they have a good base for their showing off

Quote:
Is this the anniversary wand episode? Because I was like, really? She didn't even know how to bestow the knight on Ryan

| ray
Old 04-21-2013, 12:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah598 (View Post)
Those were good performances by Colton, One Republic and Katharine Idol sure does like to remind everyone how well the former Idols are doing And why shouldn't they, with all the hit songs, platinum albums and awards former Idols have.
I totally agree! Like I said in my other recap, Idol is the original star maker, it still has the most successful contestants.

Quote:
Their behavior is annoying and it's disappointing because they had the potential to be good judges. I appreciate Nicki's honesty, but like you said she is obnoxious.
Exactly. Looks like disappointment is inevitable, no matter who the judges are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancing in the rain (View Post)
This is probably my favourite Janelle performance And it was her swan song
It was so original. I haven't seen her swan song yet.

Quote:
And Burnell and Devin totally saved themselves after that one
As they should have.

Quote:
The girls killed it! Candice pretty much slayed it with her vocals.
Yeah, she nailed it again!

Quote:
It was an awesome performance And yeah, this year especially with the whole effects and comments in the videos And yeah I guess, like Sarah said, they have a good base for their showing off
They have an amazing track record.

Quote:
Is this the anniversary wand episode? Because I was like, really? She didn't even know how to bestow the knight on Ryan
I don't remember for sure but it could have been. Sometimes it gets so weird at the judges table. xD
Old 04-21-2013, 01:20 PM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

Quote:
I totally agree! Like I said in my other recap, Idol is the original star maker, it still has the most successful contestants.
It is

Quote:
Exactly. Looks like disappointment is inevitable, no matter who the judges are.
Unfortunately.

Quote:
It was so original. I haven't seen her swan song yet.
She gave a good performance

Quote:
As they should have.
Yeah, like they said, they did what they were supposed to do

Quote:
Yeah, she nailed it again!
Seems hard for her not to in anything she does

Quote:
I don't remember for sure but it could have been. Sometimes it gets so weird at the judges table. xD
Heh very. I guess weird makes for interesting moments.

| ray