Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2013, 09:55 AM
Communications Team Manager
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

American Idol Season 12 Top 6 Performances and Results: Burt Bacharach & Hal David / Songs They Wish They'd Written

American Idol Season 12 Top 6 Performances and Results

Burt Bacharach & Hal David / Songs They Wish They'd Written
Performances | April 10 -- Results | April 11 2013

Check out the Recap!

JOIN our Communications Team.
| ray

Last edited by dancing in the rain; 04-10-2013 at 10:40 PM
Old 04-10-2013, 08:14 PM
Extreme Fan

Tftnt

Candice was amazing on both of her songs! She totally killed Lovesong by The Cure Angie's second song was really beautiful, loved it. So glad she was back at the piano. Kree was again consistently good on both her songs. Amber and Janelle were okay. I just don't feel the love for Amber that the judges do. Was kinda surprised Mariah had never heard Garth Brooks' The Dance before lol.

Lazaro was not good...Randy 'no, no, no, that was horrible'. The judges made it pretty obvious they want him gone, he was clearly the weakest of the night. It will be interesting to see if he gets voted off or if the judges will have to save one of the girls.

Kelly and Scotty tomorrow yay!
Old 04-10-2013, 11:12 PM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

I always love the 'Songs They Wish They'd Written' theme because contestants seem to give their best performances on that one. I can't wait to watch all the performances.

But I did read about the judges' comments about Lazaro and I really hope he doesn't end up at the top after the voting again

| ray
Old 04-11-2013, 09:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm s bored with this seasons music choices I wish they could bring some other types of songs maybe they will at some point.

I really want Candice to win I like Kree but I never was that into her as most people are. I really feel bad for Lazaro but he's still great and has great fashion style.
(HTGAWM) Connor&Oliver, (OITNB) John&Daya, (B99) Jake&Amy, (NCIS: LA) Deeks&Kensi, (Castle) Castle&Beckett, (Nashville) Deacon&Rayna, (Chicago Fire) Casey&Dawson, (GMW) Cory&Topanga
Old 04-11-2013, 02:10 PM
Extreme Fan

I really like the 'songs they wish they'd written' theme too but some of the others seem a little outdated. I think Candice was mad only one of the judges last week had her in their top 3 lol. She showed them last night!
Old 04-11-2013, 08:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

So we'll definitely have a girl winner this year!
Old 04-12-2013, 11:38 AM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

Top 5 girls, wow, that is pretty awesome

| ray
Old 04-12-2013, 12:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I don't it's awesome....I've never seen a season this bad before with all five guys being eliminated consecutively.... in fact, I've never seen a show with all just-females in a mixed-gender reality show.... the judges and producers have turned this season into a travesty/ disaster. Furthermore, if gender-winner didn't matter...just select the top 10 singers in the semi rounds.... would they ever do that.... 7 girls- 3 boys in the top ten,

I'm not watching anymore until the finale.
Old 04-12-2013, 12:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancing in the rain (View Post)
Top 5 girls, wow, that is pretty awesome
It's pretty cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loyal2usa (View Post)
I don't it's awesome....I've never seen a season this bad before with all five guys being eliminated consecutively.... in fact, I've never seen a show with all just-females in a mixed-gender reality show.... the judges and producers have turned this season into a travesty/ disaster. Furthermore, if gender-winner didn't matter...just select the top 10 singers in the semi rounds.... would they ever do that.... 7 girls- 3 boys in the top ten,

I'm not watching anymore until the finale.
For the past few years people have been complaining about the exact opposite; how a girl never wins, how the same WGWG keeps winning every year and a girl never has a chance. The fact this year is that the 5 most talented people in the finals are all girls (with the possible exception of Burnell but that's water under the bridge). They all deserve to still be in the competition.

Every year there are people who are not happy with the way the season goes and say they'll stop watching. Hey, I've done it. You can't please everyone. Hope you at least enjoy the finale. I think it's gonna be great.
Old 04-12-2013, 04:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cereal Killer (View Post)
It's pretty cool.

For the past few years people have been complaining about the exact opposite; how a girl never wins, how the same WGWG keeps winning every year and a girl never has a chance. The fact this year is that the 5 most talented people in the finals are all girls (with the possible exception of Burnell but that's water under the bridge). They all deserve to still be in the competition.

Every year there are people who are not happy with the way the season goes and say they'll stop watching. Hey, I've done it. You can't please everyone. Hope you at least enjoy the finale. I think it's gonna be great.
But have you seen a reality show where all of one gender gets voted/ or selected out consecutively leaving an only-male or female gender for 5-7 episode. And yes, to be fair...if it were all guys left for the next four episodes....I'd be equally mad
Old 04-12-2013, 07:19 PM
Extreme Fan

Still think that any white guy that they feared was going to bust out a guitar they sent packing early on...
Lazaro might have been relieved to go home. This was getting embarrassing for him poor guy. I bet the judges weren't happy Amber was in the bottom two with him.
Old 04-13-2013, 06:40 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by loyal2usa (View Post)
But have you seen a reality show where all of one gender gets voted/ or selected out consecutively leaving an only-male or female gender for 5-7 episode. And yes, to be fair...if it were all guys left for the next four episodes....I'd be equally mad
One of the controversies of season 10 was "gender bias" when the first 5 contestants to be eliminated from the top 13 were all girls (Haley and Lauren were the only ones left, they made in the top 3 though). Personally I don't care about the gender thing at all. My top 3 favorites just happen to all be girls this year and I'm glad they're all still in the competition. Also, I'm happy that complaining and whining about WGWGs will finally stop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah598 (View Post)
Still think that any white guy that they feared was going to bust out a guitar they sent packing early on...
Lazaro might have been relieved to go home. This was getting embarrassing for him poor guy. I bet the judges weren't happy Amber was in the bottom two with him.
I bet they sent them packing home. But to be honest, I don't remember any really strong musician type guys from the earlier stages, or at least anyone I wanted to make in the top 10. (Then again I missed the Vegas rounds so maybe there were some gems there. )

And you're probably right about Lazaro. I read that when he was "singing for his life", the judges didn't even pretend to be considering saving him and apparently Randy was openly laughing at him? If that's true, Randy can be a real jerk sometimes. :/ (*S10 flashbacks with Haley* )
Old 04-13-2013, 11:29 AM
Supreme Fan

I think I saw a couple of pigs fly over my house the second I heard Clay Aiken was gonna be on Idol next week. THIS should be interesting considering their history.

☆Krys ☆
Old 04-13-2013, 12:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Wow what a show that was.

Okay:

Angie: Loved her second performance! She and the piano thats it man!
Amber: Liked the slow song better. She has a beautiful voice!
Kree: Wonderful! Booth performances great! But the second one was a tiny little bit better!
Janelle: Second perfomance was better. Her voice is nice but not amazing.
Lazaro: Liked the second perfomance a little better.
Candice: The first performance was really beautiful! Loved it! And then I saw the second one and I was like: That was her best performance ever! BRAVO!

Happy for the girls that they´re all in the next round!
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 04-13-2013, 02:28 PM
MST Manager

My favorite performance from the theme "Songs They Wish They'd Written" will always be Phillip Philliips performing "Volcano" by Damien Rice last year.

Just absolutely EPIC.

That being said, Candace completely destroyed "Lovesong" by The Cure. So freaking good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by topherkraz78 (View Post)
I think I saw a couple of pigs fly over my house the second I heard Clay Aiken was gonna be on Idol next week. THIS should be interesting considering their history.
What is their history? I must have missed something.