Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2013, 12:36 AM
Communications Team Manager
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

American Idol Season 12 Top 5 Performances and Results: Divas / Year They Were Born

American Idol Season 12 Top 5 Performances and Results

Divas / Year They Were Born
Performances | April 17 -- Results | April 18 2013

Check out the Recap!

JOIN our Communications Team.
| ray

Last edited by dancing in the rain; 04-17-2013 at 11:31 PM
Old 04-17-2013, 08:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I just hope Janelle will outlast Amber.
Old 04-17-2013, 11:32 PM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

I think in general she is more likeable but the judges keep making Amber look much better than she is and kind of give an OK to Janelle. I guess we'll have to see tonight.

| ray
Old 04-18-2013, 04:59 AM
Extreme Fan

The judges continued with their praising of Amber telling us to vote for her. It will be interesting to see if that backfires on them.
I really liked Angie, Candice and Kree's second performances Candice did a pretty cool version of Straight Up, as did Kree with She Talks to Angels and Angie with I'll Stand by You. I'll Stand by You is kinda Pia's Idol song for me though
Mariah and Nicki actually spoke to each other
Old 04-18-2013, 10:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

OMG Angie was so great last night! Her second performance just knocked my socks off!
And Candice what should I say? I love her! Especially the second performance!
Janelle made me dance to her second performance. Really groovy!
Her first was beautiful too! (Janelle)
Amber was beautiful too! Booth perfomances! But the second one was a little better.
Kree was very good as always. I was so relieved she didn`t sing "My heart will go on" (´cause I don`t like that song and I think its an anoying song and I`m not a Celine Dion fan at all sorry)
Damn its so hard to choose but my top four are:

Angie, Candice, Kree and Amber. And my top three are still Candice, Angie and Kree.

BTW: the babypictures of the girls were so cute! Awww

And I lauged about Ryan (the host) when he keept talking faster and faster after one performance (can`t remember which one)*LOL*
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~

Last edited by BlackWhiteRose; 04-18-2013 at 11:23 AM
Old 04-18-2013, 11:11 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWhiteRose (View Post)
OMG Angie was so great last night! Her second performance just knocked my socks off!
And Candice what should I say? I love her! Especially the second performance!
Janelle made me dance to her second performance. Really groovy!
Her first was beautiful too! (Janelle)
Amber was beautiful too! Booth perfomances! But the second one was a little better.
Kree was very good as always. I was so relieved she didn`t sing "My heart will go on" (´cause I don`t like that song and I think its an anoying song and I`m not a Celine Dion fan at all sorry)
Damn its so hard to choose but my top four are:

Angie, Candice, Kree and Amber. And my top three are still Candice, Angie and Kree.

BTW: the babypictures of the girls were so cute! Awww

And I lauged about Ryan (the host) when he keept talking faster and faster after one performance (can`t rememer which one)*LOL*
He could totally be an auctioneer. Tune in tonight! Clay Aiken returns after 7 years! WOW!

☆Krys ☆
Old 04-18-2013, 11:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

Now I rewatched it and it was after Ambers first performance when Ryan did this fast talking thing. I loved it he should do this more often
I don`t know if an auctioneer is talking so fast
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 04-18-2013, 07:00 PM
Extreme Fan

^That was funny when Ryan did that

Quote:
Originally Posted by topherkraz78 (View Post)
Tune in tonight! Clay Aiken returns after 7 years! WOW!
Clay's performance was really good! Liked Fantasia's too, so much emotion from her.

I'm confused, I didn't know the save was still in play yet tonight. I would rather have seen Amber go home than Janelle. I'm so sad Kree was in the bottom 2 with Janelle
Old 04-18-2013, 07:16 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah598 (View Post)
^That was funny when Ryan did that

Clay's performance was really good! Liked Fantasia's too, so much emotion from her.

I'm confused, I didn't know the save was still in play yet tonight. I would rather have seen Amber go home than Janelle. I'm so sad Kree was in the bottom 2 with Janelle
So how long is this damn save good for?

☆Krys ☆
Old 04-18-2013, 07:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Janelle.

So I guess the rules have been made to be broken. I didn't know the save was still available either and frankly, I really don't know why they didn't use it. They might have as well at this point. Does it mean they can STILL use it next week? Obviously they want a specific top 3 or something but I don't think that's a surprise...
Old 04-18-2013, 07:58 PM
Extreme Fan

Sorry about Janelle, I know she was your favorite And you're right, they might as well have used the save on her at this point. Now I really have no idea long they are able to use it.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:12 PM
Supreme Fan

So is the finale May 9th?

☆Krys ☆
Old 04-19-2013, 05:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

Candice is my Queen, she's an angel that voice is stunning. Love her!

I never felt Kree as a performer I never payed much attention to her so my opinion on her is NONE. However, I really thought she would've got the save if she did go home.
(HTGAWM) Connor&Oliver, (OITNB) John&Daya, (B99) Jake&Amy, (NCIS: LA) Deeks&Kensi, (Castle) Castle&Beckett, (Nashville) Deacon&Rayna, (Chicago Fire) Casey&Dawson, (GMW) Cory&Topanga
Old 04-19-2013, 09:32 AM
MST Manager

Maybe next week is the last week they can use the save.

I thought that it could only be used before the top five, but obviously, that has changed.

This is what I have read on it:

Quote:
There was much uncertainty in the "Idol" community about whether the judges' seasonal save was still in play. It has never been exercised later than a top 7 show, and the rules, such as they are, stated that it has to be used before the top 6 episode. That may have changed this season, it was theorized, since there were just 10 finalists instead of the usual 12 or 13. It wasn't a certainty that it could still be used until Ryan Seacrest teased it with about 10 minutes to go in Thursday's episode.

The judges' decision not to use the save throws the rest of the season into uncertainty, because now the top 4 show should air April 25, top three May 1 and the finale May 8. But the finale has already been scheduled for May 15, so there's a week unaccounted for, and let's just dismiss the idea that Fox would have "Idol" wrap up a week early during the ratings sweeps.
'American Idol' top 5 results: Farewell Janelle
Old 04-19-2013, 03:29 PM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

Thanks for posting that Nikki. It seems they're keeping it around as much as possible in case one of their picks get eliminated before the finals but at this point, I don't get why, they got their wish of a girl winning, are they pushing for someone in particular?

Laura, sorry about Janelle I seriously still don't get the unbelievable praise for Amber. Mariah said something along the lines of "If there was something above/beyond first place" .. Really? And the standing-O for the first performance .. even Randy kind of took it back and said it wasn't really perfect but more because she tackled that song..

I haven't seen the whole episode yet, just bits and pieces. Angie killed on both performances and her dedication to Boston was really sweet. I really liked the way she did Halo, enjoyed it quite a bit.

| ray