Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2012, 09:28 AM
Elite Fan

I am shocked Creighton didn't make it. I didn't like his voice at first, but I didn't think he would be eliminated this early . Oh well.

Super glad Heejun made it but he's going to have to step it up a notch in order to contend with the other singers.

JOSHUA LEDET-I am really rooting for this kid. One of the best voices I've heard on this show in awhile.

Phil Phillips . Not only is he a cutie, but he has pipes! I really love his tone. I will NOT be disappointed if he wins. He has such a grungy tone, I love it.

As for the girls... not really in love with anyone yet...except for maybe Jessica Sanchez.

Oh yea, GO COLTON!

Rest now, Bowie
Old 03-05-2012, 12:31 PM
Communications Team Manager
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

I liked Creighton, I liked that he was different. And he was good, he should have at least made it to Top 13.

Heejun's voice is really good, but yeah like you said Alyssa, he should step it up.

One thing about Randy's comment about Phillip changing up the melody, I didn't get it. I mean, all they tell contestants is they should change up the songs and make them their own. So even if he did change the melody 'too much', as long as it worked, then I don't think it should be an issue.

Of the girls, I like Jessica, Elise and Skylar.

JOIN our Communications Team.
| ray
Old 03-06-2012, 07:25 AM
Elite Fan

^^ I agree about the melody thing with Phil. He seriously killed that song....the way he made it his own was awesome. I loved the melody. I have no idea what Randy was talking about. I bet if Simon was still their he would of praised Phil for that rendition.

Rest now, Bowie
Old 03-07-2012, 12:58 PM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

Yeah exactly. I mean, a lot of the times contestants messing with the melody butcher the song but like I said, it worked really well here so I didn't get him commenting about it.

I started the Top 13 performances thread, can't wait for it!

| ray
Old 04-22-2012, 01:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Okay, looks like I didn't comment on the actually performances here either so here it goes.

Out of the guys, Phillip was my favorite. Really loved his version of the song, I'm not a big fan of it but he made it work for me. I also found Heejun's performance lovely and of course I love that song. I didn't care too much for the others, except Joshua and Adam were pretty impressive.

Out of the girls, I think the right ones made the cut. Elise and Jessica really killed their songs! Hollie and Shannon were pretty good too. I don't think the rest of them sounded very good (it's like most of them had really bad pitch issues ) but at least Skylar put on a great show.

I didn't mind Erika being a wildcard pick. Also Jeremy did a good job. Didn't understand why they picked Deandre though.

And that's it.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:22 AM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

I think I pretty much agreed with your reactions to the performances lol: I was hooked on Phillip's version of that song and Elise's song was the one that made me start to really like her.

I guess I wasn't a fan of the wildcard picks because I thought there were better vocalists and/or performers. I thought Jen should have made it, maybe Creighton, can't remember if there was anyone else... I wasn't into any of Erika's performances until her last one And considering I had a hard time listening to any of Deandre's performances, I have to agree about him too

I just realized 4 of the 5 I liked at this point are still around

| ray