Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2012, 11:21 AM
Fan Forum Legend

American Idol 2012 Season 11 Top 7 Performances and Results (Part 1 and 2)

American Idol Season 11 Top 7 Performances and Results
Performances | April 11, 2012 -- Results | April 12, 2012

The Top 7 performed songs from this decade.
~*~*~
Old 04-14-2012, 11:24 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I am so sorry I didn't start this thread sooner. I've never done it before and also, I'm a tad bit confused as to when the show actually originally airs because we are so behind here. Bu it occurred to me that it's freaking Saturday, it must have aired already. xD

I'll better go watch all the episodes now so that I can at least post in here.

My apologies again!
Old 04-14-2012, 08:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cereal Killer (View Post)
I am so sorry I didn't start this thread sooner. I've never done it before and also, I'm a tad bit confused as to when the show actually originally airs because we are so behind here. Bu it occurred to me that it's freaking Saturday, it must have aired already. xD

I'll better go watch all the episodes now so that I can at least post in here.

My apologies again!
it airs on wednesday and thursday nights in the US.

so was everyone as shocked as i was about jessica sanchez being voted off?

Old 04-15-2012, 12:01 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for the info, Teena. I know it now.

I haven't seen all of Jessica's performances but I know the hype around her and I guess considering that it was a shock elimination. I gather you're happy about the judges' save then?
Old 04-15-2012, 08:50 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I was shocked, but I was more shocked about Joshua being in the bottom 3. And I think it's kinda crazy that Hollie hasn't been voted off yet.

Anyway, I'm Team Colton all the way right now. Also loving Phillip and Elise.
Old 04-16-2012, 04:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cereal Killer (View Post)
Thanks for the info, Teena. I know it now.

I haven't seen all of Jessica's performances but I know the hype around her and I guess considering that it was a shock elimination. I gather you're happy about the judges' save then?
you're welcome, dear.

my family and i are very relieved that she was saved. but i was very sure the judges were going to save whoever got voted off since they all last week's bottom 3. of course, our whole country - as well as all the filipino-americans in the US - are rooting for jessica to win.

here's her latest performance and let me know if you think she deserved to be voted out.

i really thought hollie was going to be voted off as well.

Old 04-16-2012, 12:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I need to catch up on a few episodes before I can say who I'm rooting and who I'm surprised hasn't been voted off yet.

Thanks for the video, Teena! I thought that was a great performance! Her vocals are excellent. Who knows why she was voted off. We know that Idol isn't just about singing. It's nice that the judges saved her though.

Quote:
my family and i are very relieved that she was saved. but i was very sure the judges were going to save whoever got voted off since they all last week's bottom 3. of course, our whole country - as well as all the filipino-americans in the US - are rooting for jessica to win.
That's awesome. Too bad we outside the US can't vote. But hopefully everyone in the states who likes Jessica will also be voting for her (sometimes people forget to do that when someone is being consistently good). And maybe there will be a girl winner this year.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:07 AM
Communications Team Manager
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

Thanks for starting the thread Laura I only caught the last three performances on TV and I thought Phillip and Elise did really well. Phillip's grew on me more on second viewing though.

I was pretty surprised to see Jessica and Joshua in the Bottom 3 I guess if they were going to save anyone, Jessica is a pretty good choice because she has great vocals and a beautiful voice.

I think what happened this time is that people voted a whole lot for the contestants they thought were in danger of leaving and not too much for the ones they thought would be safe for sure so the results flipped heh.

JOIN our Communications Team.
| ray
Old 04-17-2012, 05:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

i think that's possible. the audience assumed the jessica, joshua and elise were safe so they got less votes than they usually do so they voted for holly, colton and phillip. it could also signal the voting power of the teen girls throwing their support to colton and phillip. it is possible that they could be the final two. they are my two favorite guys but i really want a girl to win this year. imo, jessica is the strongest girl singer out of the 4 remaining girls.

Old 04-19-2012, 04:49 AM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

Yeah there's the tendency to vote for the boys more too.

So how did you guys find the performances for the second round of Top 7 performing?

| ray
Old 04-19-2012, 06:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm shocked that Colton left this early, I really loved Kris' performance but am really shocked that Colton left.

I'm a big fan of Elise's but keep thinking she goes home every week. I really hope she pulls off a hella performance next week or she is going to leave.
(HTGAWM) Connor&Oliver, (OITNB) John&Daya, (B99) Jake&Amy, (NCIS: LA) Deeks&Kensi, (Castle) Castle&Beckett, (Nashville) Deacon&Rayna, (Chicago Fire) Casey&Dawson, (GMW) Cory&Topanga
Old 04-20-2012, 12:02 AM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

Well that's a shocker, I'd have thought Hollie (eventhough she did well on performance night) or Elise (since although she's my favourite of the girls, she keeps finding herself in the bottom 3) would have been the one to go. This was Colton's first time in the bottom 3 and he's been doing consistently well so far.

I watched the performances last night and thought it wasn't too bad. I'll write up my thoughts when I get a chance.

| ray
Old 04-20-2012, 01:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I was shocked with Colton leaving. I didn't think he would win but was hoping he would make it to the final 4 or 3. He will be missed. I actually really liked his september performance. First song of this season that I went out and bought.

Couples
GO BLUES Julie
Old 04-20-2012, 06:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

i am in shock about colton being voted off. since hollie and elise were in the bottom 3 again, i really thought one of those girls were going to go home. i'm really sad colton had to go but his performances last night weren't as wonderful as his past performances.

Old 04-20-2012, 10:45 AM
MST Manager

I am completely speechless that Colton was voted off. I wanted him to be in the top three. I really loved his version of September although it wasn't my favorite of his ever. I really liked his rendition on most of the songs he's done. Gonna miss seeing him each week.

I really thought that it was going to be Elise or Hollie (although her performance of Rolling In the Deep was her best and my favorite of hers so far. LOVED the acapella in the beginning!) going home.