Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-22-2008, 02:31 PM
Elite Fan

7-33: "Top 6 Performances" 04.22.2008 Discussion

On this Earth Day, the Idols turn their attention to the music of Andrew Lloyd Webber tonight at 8/7c.
Old 04-22-2008, 06:09 PM
Dedicated Fan

I love Phantom. Great Musical. I loved David Cook's choice of song. It might not be the type of music we are used to hearing him sing but that is okay. It just shows how much is out there that he can sing. David was incredible tonight!
Old 04-22-2008, 06:19 PM
Moderator Support Team

David Cook once again blew me away. I just love him. And I love Phantom.......one of my fave musicals so I was happy he picked from that show.

I thought Carly and David A. were good.

I love Jason, but didn't love his performance.

Didn't like Brooke at all.

Sayesha was just meh for me. Just not a fan.
Old 04-22-2008, 06:27 PM
Elite Fan

NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER AGAIN. Should AI have a Broadway/musical night. I'm sorry but nobody on this show right now has the range for these songs and it was painful and sometimes embarrassing.

Both Davids and Carly messed up the lyrics and of course, Brook started over.

"Think of Me" is sung by girls with big, opera voices with opera skills. So he changed the arrangement of the song, pretty smart. But still, something was missing from the song and the performance. I know theater buffs mostly hate Phantom and especially this song but I'm not a theater buff so I love it.

I really like David Cook but "Music of the Night" is a song of conviction and persuasion. I do understand that the song is hard to sing but he was shaky and the vibrato was messy.

And Paula saying "female balladeer"?? Dear, they're called Sopranos, Mezzos and Mezzo-sopranos. That was embarrassing.

Jason couldn't have picked a worse song to sing. Like David A. that is a big powerful voice song than neither has.

Brook..... Oh boy, "You must love me" is such a song of decadence and sorrow. I didn't buy it.

It's Jesus Chris Superstar, but Carly was shouting too much. At least she carried the energy of the song.

Seysha was actually pretty good.

Ok, I love musical and I only know the basics on the technical side of the songs, but this is AI and even the basics were rattled tonight.

It was not a good night and I should've known that it was going to be too much for the AI guys. Maybe if they had more time some of them could've been better.

I did enjoy watching ALW coaching them. It was pretty nice.
Old 04-22-2008, 06:29 PM
Obsessed Fan

Okay I am a HUGE Phantom fan so I may be biased.

David Cook - He seriously blew me away. Absolutaly amazing.

David A. - I was reallu surprised that he choice Think Of Me because it is usually sung so high, but he did a really good job.

Brooke - I just feel bad for her at this point.

Everyone else was just BLAH.
Old 04-22-2008, 06:34 PM
Elite Fan

^I love Phantom too! I wish DC had of sung 'Phantom of the Opera' itself but MotN is still good!

David C- Dude was flippin' amazing! Ugh he slayed me! What impressive vocal control! Brilliant! Proves he is the most versatile contestant on the show and can sing anything. He continues to amaze me. Left the song as it was and rightfully so.

Carly- Pretty good vocally. A bit screechy. Very KellyC like performance. Didn't connect with the song at all though imo.

David A- Not bad at all. I wasn't crazy about the way he changed it up but atleast he surprised me by doing so (first time ever). Then again if ever there was the week to sing the song as it was, this was it. I give him props though for doing it. He pulled it off. I thought it was one of his better performances

Brooke- I thought she sang wonderfully. Too bad about the starting over thing. Not a good habit to develop She's always such a nervous wreck

Jason- Wasn't great but he put a lot of emotion into it. Totally connected. Very heartfelt.

Syesha- I just don't like her. Never have. Her high notes were awful.

Last edited by Insanitic; 04-23-2008 at 12:10 AM
Old 04-22-2008, 08:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I absolutely adore musicals, especially The Phantom of the Opera, so this was a good night for me.

David Cook - He was fantastic! I've been wanting him to just stand there and sing, and that's exactly what he did. I loved it.

David Archuleta - Think of Me is a great song, and I just didn't enjoy his performance that much. I'm too used to hearing Emmy Rossum singing it in the movie.

Jason Castro - My poor baby! He was so nervous. A terrible song choice, but i still love and adore him.

Syesha - I'm not a fan of hers, but i did like the performance. I think she would be good on Broadway.

Brooke - Didn't like it at all. Her messing up like that was ridiculous. I really hope she's the one to go tomorrow.

Carly - I'm happy she went with Jesus Christ Superstar over All I Ask Of You. I do agree with Simon that she got a little screamy towards the middle.
Old 04-22-2008, 09:07 PM
Loyal Fan

Syesha was good, she wasn't as boring today. But i still want her to go. I feel like she should've been gone a long time ago

Jason I just don't get him. I feel he's the weakest when it comes to voice. And this performance was a snoozefest for me

Brooke I felt so bad for her. But yeah, she'll probably be going home tomorrow. I think she deserves to be the one.

David A. He was good, finally did somethig different, but he still doesn't capture me. It was a good performance though. He'll deff. get through.

Carly
Finally did something a bit more lively, I really liked her aside from some of the screamy parts.

David C. I didn't really like the song much. And though he sang it really well, i think this wasnt his best. But what's up with Randy?? Molten hot?? Uhh i disagree with that.

I'm really starting to dislike Randy. A lot.

The bottom 3, in my opinion, should be Brooke, Jason, and Syesha. I hope.
Old 04-22-2008, 09:27 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:abbykins:. (View Post)
that.

I'm really starting to dislike Randy. A lot..
I hated the "You're the one to beat" after David A sang. I thought that was a little much.

My trying to be unbiased opinion:

Syesha: That was the best i ever saw her perform. She was comfortable and fun. Overall still my least favorite, but a GREAT job this week.

Jason: I love him, but that was his weakest performance. I thought he was out of tune at times and he did seem out of breath. Just not his style, I guess.

David A: Great vocals, the same as always however. Simon was right in that it isn't that remarkable. Simon also had to state again that David A would sail through. Yes, he was really good but did Simon have to say that?

Brooke: She has been really nervous two weeks in a row. I don't think she should have started over, it was distracting. I am worried about her

Carly: Great vocals, but I didn't love the arrangement. I liked her spunk, but I HATED that t-shirt. It was like Kristy with her "Kristy's seat" note.

David C. What a surprise. He sang that song without any rock and it was AMAzING. I really enjoyed it and couldn't believe that he was singing the song. i miss the Rock though.

I agree with ROCKSTAR, AI should NEVER do musical night again. If I wanted to listen to that, I would go to Broadway.

Best: David C, David A, and Syesha.

Bottom 2 (because I don't think Carly should be in the bottom) Jason and Brooke
Old 04-22-2008, 09:40 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainydays (View Post)
I hated the "You're the one to beat" after David A sang. I thought that was a little much.

And what's up with him telling Jason that he's beautiful? That was creepy and out of place. Poor Jason must've been embarrassed.
Old 04-22-2008, 09:42 PM
Absolute Fan

Goodbye Jason!! Im getting soo bored of him he needs to leave. Following him will be Brook, then Syesha. I think David A and David C and Carly iare a great top 3 and i would love to see them 3 fight for a spot in the finale! What a great show!
Old 04-22-2008, 10:04 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:abbykins:. (View Post)
And what's up with him telling Jason that he's beautiful? That was creepy and out of place. Poor Jason must've been embarrassed.

I totally forgot about that. It was creepy

One thing I did think was cute was all the little girls that hugged David A.
Old 04-22-2008, 10:47 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainydays (View Post)

One thing I did think was cute was all the little girls that hugged David A.
Oh yeah! About that, he looked totally awkward with the girls It's like he didnt know what to do.
Old 04-23-2008, 03:30 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER AGAIN. Should AI have a Broadway/musical night.
I haven't even watched it and I couldn't agree more. Usually when people say "you have a voice for musicals" it's not a compliment. And let's be honest, most of the AI audience doesn't listen to that type of music - so why???
OK now seriously, is Michael Johns back yet?
David Boreanaz & Emily Deschanel

Old 04-23-2008, 03:38 AM
Dedicated Fan

^ Yup I agree.

Oh dear Brooke! Loved Carly though.