Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2015, 10:55 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks

There's one thing in this world that makes me feel more alive. And that's you. 🌹 We're together. This is what living feels like.
Old 04-19-2015, 06:14 PM
Obsessed Fan

So many fanmade things are surfacing around Francis. :3 I like them all, though.

fear is not what you owe me

Stalk me:
My YouTube My Tumblr My AO3 My FanFiction.Net My Author Instagram
Old 04-20-2015, 12:10 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Stranger Things

Thanks for the link .

BRICS
Prayers for 🇷🇺 🙏🕯️
🇵🇸 🕊️#stopIsraelgenocide
Old 04-21-2015, 10:06 AM
Elite Fan

I wish other characters would be getting the same attention as Francis..

There's one thing in this world that makes me feel more alive. And that's you. 🌹 We're together. This is what living feels like.
Old 04-21-2015, 07:28 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie Greene (View Post)
I wish other characters would be getting the same attention as Francis..
I KNOW. :/ There are people with his name in their URL already, which is ridiculous to me since we have NO way of knowing we'll like him yet. I mean yes, I'm sure we WILL like him, but it's still ridiculous how everyone's going nuts already and we don't even have any promo shots or ANYTHING. I'd like to know more about Reba and Molly, personally, and if we're actually getting Judy and Wendy.

Stalk me:
Old 04-21-2015, 11:20 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendra Luehr (View Post)
I KNOW. :/ There are people with his name in their URL already, which is ridiculous to me since we have NO way of knowing we'll like him yet. I mean yes, I'm sure we WILL like him, but it's still ridiculous how everyone's going nuts already and we don't even have any promo shots or ANYTHING. I'd like to know more about Reba and Molly, personally, and if we're actually getting Judy and Wendy.
Ia, I love Richard but the bias and how they ignore the new female characters is annoying..

Old 04-22-2015, 10:42 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Ia, I love Richard but the bias and how they ignore the new female characters is annoying..
That's how it is for everything though, unfortunately. :/ Like, the men are revered and adored, and the women are shat upon. Maybe things would be different if the fans were predominately male, but it's hard to say for sure. Cuz my brother's male (obviously xD), and he hates a lot of female characters.

Stalk me:
Old 04-22-2015, 01:14 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendra Luehr (View Post)
That's how it is for everything though, unfortunately. :/ Like, the men are revered and adored, and the women are shat upon. Maybe things would be different if the fans were predominately male, but it's hard to say for sure. Cuz my brother's male (obviously xD), and he hates a lot of female characters.
Yeah, men tend to be mysoginistic just look at the TWD fandom

Old 04-22-2015, 08:40 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Yeah, men tend to be mysoginistic just look at the TWD fandom
Really? :/ I've never been in that fandom, but yeah, my brother's pretty bad. He's always complaining about characters being too b&tchy or annoying. He actually likes Abigail though, so that's a first. He hates Alana (or maybe not? I just know he hates Willana).

Speaking of women, did you see there's supposed to be a lesbian sex scene in S3 between Margot and (I'm guessing) Judy? They said it's supposed to be kaleidoscopic, so I guess it'll be like the Hannibloom sex scene in 1x8 where it was mostly just stroking and artsy fartsy angles.

Stalk me:
Old 04-23-2015, 09:22 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah, it's pretty awful, Breaking Bad fandom too, at least the Hannibal fandom isn't mysoginistic, they hate a few characters like Alana and Abigail (and considering the writing ain't good for them I get it, I wouldn't flat out call it mysoginy) but the others rarely get hate.
Nope, where did you hear that?

Old 04-23-2015, 09:48 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Yeah, it's pretty awful, Breaking Bad fandom too, at least the Hannibal fandom isn't mysoginistic, they hate a few characters like Alana and Abigail (and considering the writing ain't good for them I get it, I wouldn't flat out call it mysoginy) but the others rarely get hate.
Nope, where did you hear that?
I remember the horror stories about BB since you said people really hated Skyler. :/ And I wouldn't really say I get it. I mean, it's clear to me Alana and Abigail are only hated because they're close to the "hot leading dudes." That's always a recipe for hate, which is bullsh&t. I saw a great post the other day calling women out on claiming to be feminists/supportive of women's rights, and then they're the first to hate on female characters and rip them apart. IT'S SO TRUE. But back to Alana and Abigail, even though the writing's terrible, that isn't really a reason to hate them. If anything, it's just a recipe for being indifferent since if a character isn't developed, there's nothing there to really love OR hate. That's how I feel about Alana. Caroline's a great actress, but I'm indifferent to the character because of the writing. Abigail had a little more development, but I'm guessing that's because she was important to the leading men, cuz as we all know, that's pretty much the only way anyone's getting any attention on this show. And to be fair, we don't know much about Will or Hannibal, either. They're just considered well-developed since they're featured in every episode. And cuz women think they're hot. -.-

It's circulating around on Tumblr. A few people were freaking out about it (in a good way), but I didn't "like" the link to reference back to. I assumed you girls had already heard, so that's why I didn't bother, oops. I'm sure if you google it you can find it. Wait. *searches* Here it is! :3

revealed invincible : “We have this great lesbian sex scene in the third...

Stalk me:
Old 04-23-2015, 10:07 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah but in other sites with no shippers and it's men, they still hate them. Tbf it's hard to like a character that isn't well written or gets crappy arcs

Maybe it's like the Masters of Sex intro I'm gonna need one for Will and Molly pls, for once that'd make sense and if I don't see it I'll be mad
We should be talking about this in Margot's thread that is deadly btw

Old 04-23-2015, 10:09 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Yeah but in other sites with no shippers and it's men, they still hate them. Tbf it's hard to like a character that isn't well written or gets crappy arcs

Maybe it's like the Masters of Sex intro I'm gonna need one for Will and Molly pls, for once that'd make sense and if I don't see it I'll be mad
We should be talking about this in Margot's thread that is deadly btw
It's hard to like them, but I still say it's hard to hate them, too. I can't get passionate about a flimsy character either way. :/ I'm pretty much like this:

Ok, I'll admit it, I just really wanted an excuse to use that pic. xD

Masters of Sex intro? I've actually never seen that show, though one of my friends really loves it. I'm sure you'll get a Mollygram sex scene. They love objectifying Hugh and Mads, so if he's not getting his groove thang on with a woman he actually loves opposed to a lesbian, that'll be pretty lame. LOL Deadly? xD How so? You're right, I'd forgotten she had a thread, sorry. :S

Stalk me:
Old 04-24-2015, 12:24 AM
Elite Fan

that picture

Yeah you are right, they made Will sleep with a woman that wasn't even into men for fanservice (Bryan admited this, different wording) so I hope they don't waste the opportunity now he has a wife and they have chemistry (not that Will and Margot didn't have it but it was awkward given the fact that SHE LIKES GIRLS, hello) I need a pay back after all the sexual tension Nina and Hugh had in Venus in Fur

I'm also gonna need a Freba (or whatever their ship name is) because Richard lol, that is likely because this show loves objectifying men to the max, so we can count on that too imo

Yeah, I tried to bump Margot's thread

Old 04-24-2015, 01:39 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
that picture

Yeah you are right, they made Will sleep with a woman that wasn't even into men for fanservice (Bryan admited this, different wording) so I hope they don't waste the opportunity now he has a wife and they have chemistry (not that Will and Margot didn't have it but it was awkward given the fact that SHE LIKES GIRLS, hello) I need a pay back after all the sexual tension Nina and Hugh had in Venus in Fur

I'm also gonna need a Freba (or whatever their ship name is) because Richard lol, that is likely because this show loves objectifying men to the max, so we can count on that too imo

Yeah, I tried to bump Margot's thread
LOL Ideky they thought that was a good idea?? They HAD to know it'd piss ppl off! Especially when one person was all concerned and said, "There have been rumors that there's a Will/Margot sex scene. Please say this isn't true!", and Bryan said something like, "Don't worry, I'd be worried too, if I heard that," and proceeded to make it sound like nothing of the sort would happen. AND THEN IT DID. So in essence, Bryan lied (even though I guess he thought he wasn't since it wasn't based on genuine attraction so much as survival?). LOL But didn't Nina and Hugh's characters have sex in Venus in Fur? Not actual sex, of course, lol, but it seems like a play built on sex. xD I've still never seen it, but the gifs/stills are hot. Though I don't like how the Hannigram fans use them.

Yaaass. xD lol Freba...that's better than what I was thinking! xD I think it's very likely, given how they had sex in the book.

I posted some art to Margot's thread, but I didn't post the article.

Stalk me: