Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-31-2013, 11:01 AM
Banned

Episode Discussion 1.04 | Œuf

episode summary

A series of family murders takes place, and Will determines they were conducted by each of the families' missing children, who were abducted and brainwashed into killing their old families for their "new family." Against Alana's advice, Hannibal checks Abigail out of the hospital for some frightening psychiatric practices that ultimately align her loyalty with him.

No preview for this episode

Source

Last edited by Musidora; 08-14-2013 at 11:30 AM
Old 08-01-2013, 12:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

TFTNT, Imane.

It sucks we didn't get a promo just because the episode didn't air in the US. Is there a version without the Japanese subtitles? It's the only one I have.
Old 08-01-2013, 01:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

OMG can you believe I didn't watch this ?
Old 08-01-2013, 02:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

WTF are you serious? Go watch it NOW
Old 08-01-2013, 02:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I know right ? I just totally forgot! I didn't even download it Gonna do it right now
Old 08-01-2013, 02:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You'll probably like it, the version floating around - at least the one I downloaded it - is with Japanese subtitles. There are Japanese characters EVERYWHERE on the screen
Old 08-01-2013, 03:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chastainღ (View Post)
TFTNT, Imane.

It sucks we didn't get a promo just because the episode didn't air in the US. Is there a version without the Japanese subtitles? It's the only one I have.
I got one without the subtitles. I'll PM you about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by {worshipfulness} (View Post)
OMG can you believe I didn't watch this ?
It's a good episode especially, for the scenes between Hannibal/Abigail.

And Beverly has the opportunity to be badass.

The murderer of the week was a little weak in terms development: but the murders themselves were more disturbing given the circumstances than gory.

And there's some very iconic scenes like Hannibal in Will's house feeding his dogs and especially manipulating his fishes lures. A scene that makes sense only later in episode 13 Savoureux, which proves how well constructed and far planned the season was.

Credit

Credit

Last edited by Ladyfuschia; 08-01-2013 at 03:51 PM
Old 08-02-2013, 09:55 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Watched it Really loved it. I'm kinda glad it took me so long, it felt good to see Hannibal stuff I hadn't seen before, it was a nice reminder of how much I love the show ♥

Hannibal was so adorable in this episode! (Well you know what I mean )

I loved his scenes with Abigail. And his first scene with Alana was great, too. I love how she goes "Got beer?" and he brings her this fancy tall glass, he's so classy

Beverly =

Will was amazing as always.

Why didn't they air this episode? I remember reading about it but I forgot.
Old 08-02-2013, 11:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

They didn't air it because it was right after that Connecticut massacre were 20 children were killed. Since the episode involved children being killed as well, they didn't think it was appropriate. Personally, I think the two things have nothing to do with each other, but it was their choice.
Old 08-02-2013, 11:24 AM
Banned

I'm envious: i wish i had an episode that i haven't watched yet over and over again!

It was a decision from the producers, which means from Bryan as much as the network, because they feared that this story of children killing their families was too much and could be a trigger for unstable teenagers in a context where the news were reporting quite violent events (the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting was only 4 months ago and then the terrorist action in Boston happened the same week that the episode was supposed to air).
But Bryan admitted after the finale to regret removing this episode because it wasn't much more violent than the rest of the series.

I found Hannibal quite creepy in this episode (while certainly being classy ).
The way he looked at Alana when she drank the beer, enjoying clearly the corruption coming from the fact that the beer is people and drinking it made her without her knowledge someone like him (a cannibal), and enjoying even more the control that this situation gave him over her.
He's really abusing her by manipulating her trust and loyalty for him by diverting all these beautiful food in the breakfast/dinner scene in his house of it's initial goal: connnecting people, and made them share.
The way he drove a traumatized, orphaned young girl out of hospital, pretending to take care of her as tutor/guardian, to drug her and submit her to his own way of thinking left me speechless.

It's a central episode for the relationships because it showed that Hannibal's predatory'a nature will be exerted on everybody, even the people that he likes genuinely.

Last edited by Ladyfuschia; 08-03-2013 at 11:45 AM
Old 10-19-2013, 05:16 PM
Loyal Fan

I loved that we got to know more about Will in this episode - especially about his childhood. (I really want to know what happened to his mother. Did she die? Did she leave the family when he was still too young to remember?)
Alana was so amazing, I died when she called Hannibal 'shockingly rude' - and her dress was really amazing, too.
The scene with Will and Beverly is one of my favorite scenes. I just love their interaction and how comfortable Will is with her being there, and how she laughed when she realised that he hadn't been listening. It was just really cute.
All in all I have to say that the case didn't really work for me? The idea was good but in the end I just didn't find it believable. What child would simply murder their family like this? Regardless of capture bonding, I found it really far-fetched.
Old 10-20-2013, 04:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuckoo (View Post)
I loved that we got to know more about Will in this episode - especially about his childhood. (I really want to know what happened to his mother. Did she die? Did she leave the family when he was still too young to remember?)
That's my theory too: she left his father and him few months or years after his birth, so early in fact that he barely remembers her.
Maybe the writers will bring back this subject if he decides one day to start a family with Alana!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuckoo (View Post)

All in all I have to say that the case didn't really work for me? The idea was good but in the end I just didn't find it believable. What child would simply murder their family like this? Regardless of capture bonding, I found it really far-fetched.
We got few cases in my country of teens who woke up one day and slaughtered their entire family (parents and younger siblings included) so it wasn't that far fetched for me.

But i don't know about the brain washing, it didn't convince me completely.
Those children were supposed to be at odds with their family and the woman who kidnapped them spent months feeding their hate. I don't know enough about psychology to say if it's credible or not.

Last edited by Ladyfuschia; 10-20-2013 at 04:33 AM
Old 10-20-2013, 04:25 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyfuschia (View Post)
We got few cases in my country of teens who woke up one day and slaughtered their entire family (parents and younger siblings included) so it wasn't that far fetched for me.

But i don't know about the brain washing, it didn't convince me completely.
Those children were supposed to be at odds with their family and the woman who kidnapped them spend months feeding their hate. I don't know enough about psychology to say if it's credible or not.
I read some about these cases, too... but I think that these kids must have been mentally ill or there must have been something completely wrong in their families. I just didn't see that on the show. The brainwashing thing, as you mentioned it, didn't convince me either. I can imagine that this kind of brainwashing can work when you take these children out of their families at a young age and then manipulate them for years. You can't just turn innocent children into killers like that.
But I don't know much about this topic, so maybe I'm wrong. It just didn't seem plausible to me.
Old 04-20-2015, 12:25 PM
Moderator Support Team

In case we have new fans/visitors .

BRICS
🙏🕯️
🇵🇸 🕊️#stopIsraelgenocide
Old 04-28-2015, 12:56 PM
Moderator Support Team

BRICS
🙏🕯️
🇵🇸 🕊️#stopIsraelgenocide