Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2013, 10:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

Nice art!
Old 06-11-2013, 11:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyfuschia (View Post)
And once again ITA with you. I promise i'm not stalking your posts, Ana!
I could say the same about yours! Great minds think alike

Quote:
Source
I love this. And agree with everything, especially...
Quote:
Is Crawford perfect? No. But remember, Crawford is dealing with a hell of a lot. Crawford is the Agent-in-Charge of the Behavioral Science Unit. Do you have any idea of how much he has to do? He’s dealing with academy training, research, and consultation; if anything goes wrong, he’s the one who has to fix it, and he’s the one who has to deal with it. He has a lot of people to take care of, not just Graham.
I know we get protective of Will, after all, he's the character we know and love but Jack's got a lot on his plate. I know he pushes Will but he's also worried about him. And let's not forget he has Miriam Lass' death 'on his shoulders', which makes him all the more aware of everything he has to deal with.
Old 06-11-2013, 01:30 PM
Elite Fan

The biggest story arc I want to see for Crawford is what is going to happen with his wife and how is he going to deal with it...she's obviously got a cancer that's killing her...
Old 06-14-2013, 09:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heartstopper

nick ♥ charlie
jordan ○ icon
Old 06-14-2013, 09:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Jack holding back the tears upon 'realizing' that Will was the copycat. How can anyone say he doesn't care about Will, seriously?
Old 06-14-2013, 10:26 AM
Fan Forum Legend

He was amazing in this episode!
Old 06-14-2013, 10:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

He was so amazing, he so doesn't want it to be Will
Old 06-14-2013, 10:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Laurence's acting was stellar in that scene.
Old 06-14-2013, 08:14 PM
Elite Fan

Laurence was one of the cast on Katie Couric's afternoon talk show yesterday afternoon, promoting Man of Steel. They mentioned his past work and even CSI, but I wish there had been a mention of Hannibal...small but memorable publicity mention!

He very graceful in his comments too!
Old 06-16-2013, 10:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chastainღ (View Post)
Laurence's acting was stellar in that scene.
It was, he is so talented.
Old 06-16-2013, 06:16 PM
Master Fan

Add me please?
Old 06-17-2013, 03:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Added.

I think Jack's gonna break my heart on the next episode.
Old 06-17-2013, 04:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by only dreaming (View Post)
It was, he is so talented.
And so underrated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chastainღ (View Post)
Added.

I think Jack's gonna break my heart on the next episode.
I fear all of them will break my heart

Sorry for not posting more in this thread but there's so much hate for him in his tag that i don't wan't to wander there, although that's the only way to get arts.

I don't get how people manage to call him worse than Hannibal

Hannibal Characters [1/?] → Jack Crawford

“When misery rains, it pours.”

Credit
Old 06-19-2013, 03:16 AM
Banned

Quote:
Why Jack Crawford Is Pretty Kickass Awesome and Really Doesn’t Suck a novel by storyofrebels
First, does someone want to tell me why everyone seems to hate on Jack Crawford? I have heard two things and two things alone - 1. Jack is pushy, and 2. “So tired of Jack Crawford’s ****.” The second one is not very specific, mind you, but I’ll work with it anyway. Just… allow me to expand.

1. “omg i hate jack!!!1! he’s so pushy!” Stop right there. Right there, do not go any further. You done? Good. First things first - you are right, to a point. Jack Crawford is a little pushy. He pushes Will for results. He pushes Will because he needs to catch killers. He pushes Will in order to keep others safe. He is not, however, pushing Will because he is heartless and doesn’t care about his well-being, which is what a lot of this fandom seems to think.

Jack does care about Will! Believe it or not. Actually, just believe it. Because it is true. When Jack said in the most recent episode (1x12) that he considers Will a friend and wants to help him, he was not lying! I want you to think about that moment in Sorbet (1x07) when Jack was leaving the forensics lab and turned to imagine Will, sittind on a metal slab, obviously dead (or undead, whichever one floats your boat), missing his forearm. That moment is briefly shown in this lovely phtoset right here: (x).
I loved that moment. I loved it so much, because it showed a lot about Jack. It showed:
Jack still feels guilt over the loss of Miriam Lass, obviously.
Jack is still somewhat wary about bringing Will into the field.
He does not want to lose Will like he lost Miriam, and the possibility of him doing so is a major insecurity.
Jack is scared to lose Will.
There. But let’s keep in mind - that is not the only scene that shows Jack’s relationship with Will! There are also the scenes:

In Rôti (1x11) (correct me if I have any of the episode names/numbers wrong) when Jack and Will were driving to the crime scene to arrest the serial killer. Jack said two things to Will. 1. “Maybe you should stay in the car.”
2. “You look like hell.”

That, my friends, is Jack starting to notice what’s up. He’s starting to notice that Will is sick, even telling him to stay in the car because it would be a danger to Will and everyone else to have him enter the crime scene, especially if **** went down.

ALSO during that car ride, Jack was giving Will a lecture (I believe it was Jack’s form of a pep-talk. Let’s face it, he is somewhat gruff and his demeanor is just not what people would call encouraging. He is hardened by his experiences, which is why I think he comes across this way, but I’ll continue -) about how Will needs to take care of himself and try to shake off the emotional baggage the job comes with.
HE IS TRYING TO HELP WILL.
Is this only obvious to few people?
Ugh, okay, moving on…

In Relevés (1x12) when the forensics guys (I’m so sorry, I can’t think of their names, can someone remind me? I love those guys, haha.) refused to believe Will when he insisted that it was one killer and Jack was basically the only one to take him seriously.

I promise there are more examples, I just can’t think of them at the moment. Maybe I’ll add them later, but this is getting really lengthy. Anyway, there are just two more things I’d like to bring to your attention.

1. Hannibal is trying to alienate Will from Jack. Will saw it early on, but Hannibal quickly dismissed it. If Jack didn’t care about Will, if Will’s involvement in the cases was a disaster in the making, Hannibal wouldn’t need to alienate him, would he? Just think about that for a bit.

2. WILL LIKES JACK AND SEES HIM AS A FRIEND, REGARDLESS OF JACK’S GRUFF NATURE.

We see this in Coquilles (1x04/5) (correct me if I have the episode wrong) when Jack is sitting by himself and Will comes to sit down next to him. Will says that he is not leaving until Jack confides in him and tells him what’s wrong. Will did not have to do this. He chose to do it because Jack Crawford is his friend. He wanted to help.

So, in short:
  • Jack is admittedly pushy.
  • He is hardened and gruff, but we can’t hold any of that against him because he has been working in this field for so long and it is emotionally taxing.
  • He cares about Will, even if he does not always show it.
  • He is afraid to lose Will.
  • He sees Will as a friend.
  • He is trying his best to help Will, while still catching serial killers and keeping people safe.
  • Will cares about Jack.

Additionally:
  • Jack trusts Hannibal.
  • Jack is being manipulated by Hannibal.
  • At this point, Jack believes that Will took Abigail (while in a dissociative personality, therefore mentally unstable) and was going to kill her.
  • Jack will think that Will killed Abigail (when it’s obviously Hannibal, but Jack will not know that) because that’s what the circumstances are pointing to.
  • Jack will have to arrest Will, not because he doesn’t trust Will, but because he honestly believes that Will is unstable and a danger to people around him.
  • There’s also this thing that Jack is trying to follow, I think it’s called THE LAW, which is why Jack will be forced to arrest Will, even though he does not want to.
Jack cares about Will. Will cares about Jack.

Hannibal is an *******.]
Source

Last edited by Ladyfuschia; 06-19-2013 at 02:40 PM
Old 06-19-2013, 01:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I love how it just ends with ~Hannibal is an ahole (I'm assuming).

People get so fascinated by Hannibal's charming self, they tend to forget HE is the bad guy, HE is the one manipulating everyone. Jack might not be the sweetest person around but he obviously cares about Will.