Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2004, 07:31 PM
Dedicated Fan

What happened to the roswell book discussion forum!

I was looking around for the old roswell book discussion forum? It also had a link to a website that listed all the current and upcomming book releases? I thought there was going to be a long list of books to be released over the next year? I just got turnabout and pursuit and on the cover it says that they are the roswells two book finale? Are we being shout changed with the books too?
Old 01-25-2004, 09:29 PM
Master Fan

We're definitely being shortchanged on the books, since the new ones don't even have the original cast. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] Instead, they're rubbing in the insults of S3.

But how many they've made/are making I don't know.

[img]smilies/abduct.gif[/img] [img]smilies/read.gif[/img]
Old 01-25-2004, 10:24 PM
Dedicated Fan

what do you mean by the books not having the original cast? I dont get it?
Old 01-26-2004, 05:23 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by roswellian hybrid:
<STRONG>what do you mean by the books not having the original cast? I dont get it?</STRONG>
They continue from S3. They don't have Alex, or A/I. That isn't the original Roswell, with the three different human-alien relations, or even the expanded version of S2. It's a cut back version.

As I said, a rip off. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] And an utterly needless one.

[img]smilies/abduct.gif[/img] [img]smilies/read.gif[/img]
Old 01-26-2004, 08:16 PM
Dedicated Fan

Well Alex died in season 2, and what is A/I? Alex and Isabel? Isabel married Jesse in season 3? I still dont know what you mean by a diffrent cast? What books are you reading?
Old 01-26-2004, 10:52 PM
Passionate Fan

gack. double post after all these years. my bad.

[ 01-26-2004: Message edited shapeshifter ]
Old 01-26-2004, 10:53 PM
Passionate Fan

roswellian hybrid, we must not question Abducted Bookworm's devotion to stargaziness. I suggest just saying, "There, there," and go on.
Right, Abducted Bookworm? [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Anyhoo, book discussions and Prometheus page are linked/archived
here.

[ 01-26-2004: Message edited shapeshifter ]
Old 01-28-2004, 08:31 PM
Dedicated Fan

I've read all the Roswell books. I wish there would be more but apparently the sales were not enough to keep them going. Only if the sales improve would there be more.

I was very happy with the way they came up with a way to give our Roswellians a chance to have a happy life in Turnabout. I still think there is material for more books or maybe a movie. Now that there has been one kind of ending, maybe they could explore the possibility of another time travel trip. Saving Alex would be a priority. Saving Earth without villanizing Tess would be another.

Even though I want Alex to be brought back, I appreciated the way the authors finally gave Liz and Maria a chance to talk to Alex. The show was always about the effect on Isabel of seeing and talking to Alex after he died. I wanted to see some comfort for his best friends who had known him a lot longer than Isabel. Dealing with the subject of life after death is always difficult but I think Turnabout handled it beautifully.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread