Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2007, 06:14 AM
Elite Fan

Then you should ask a mod. They can do bring back old existing threads.

- Michael and Maria belong together (Thania St John, writer)
Icon : ?
xmag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 02:27 PM
SES
Part-Time Fan

Well I really don't like Sean but I did like Liz with him because she wasn't so needy with him and IMO anyone is better than Max.
SES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 03:58 PM
Supreme Fan

I liked Sean and I used to like Sean/Liz. Now I've come to realize that was just a phase I was going through when Max was "pursuing destiny" with Tess.

LIZ: So when you healed me you risked all of this getting out didn't you?
MAX: Yea.
LIZ: Why??
MAX: It was you.
Icon: ?
~*Sonia E.*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 04:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think Sean/Liz had great potential...He was nice,'normal' guy but sometimes crazy and maybe they are different but:
"But the thing is, that if we're so different then why do I feel so much every time I look at you?"

She was in love with Max but what if Max left earth with Tess and the rest in Departure? Maybe she could start something new with Sean? I know her heart would be broken but she deserve to be happy...maybe her happiness is right behind her door,with Sean?
{ max&liz #700
Kinda weird about that star, huh? Kinda sad...
It just doesn’t seem that something burning so bright could just…burn out.
#ROSWELLBACK
Cold Desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 05:57 PM
Supreme Fan

That could be true. But if Max had really left Earth with Tess, I don't see Liz having a lasting relationship with Sean at that time. Sean would be a rebound and of course second best to Max. I believe that's why Liz stopped herself from sleeping with Sean in Departure because she knew it was a mistake.

If things had turned out differently maybe Sean/Liz and Max/Tess would have worked.

Old 07-30-2007, 01:07 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiri Appleby (View Post)
I think Sean/Liz had great potential...He was nice,'normal' guy but sometimes crazy and maybe they are different but:
"But the thing is, that if we're so different then why do I feel so much every time I look at you?"

She was in love with Max but what if Max left earth with Tess and the rest in Departure? Maybe she could start something new with Sean? I know her heart would be broken but she deserve to be happy...maybe her happiness is right behind her door,with Sean?
And that would make her a Deluca. Although I think she would have to work on Maria, to make her accept that she is marrying her cousin. Maria doesn't have a good opinion of him. And Liz would have to go to the cemetary to explain things with Alex. He didn't like Sean either.

Old 07-30-2007, 02:12 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SES (View Post)
Well I really don't like Sean but I did like Liz with him because she wasn't so needy with him and IMO anyone is better than Max.
sorry but, was Liz "so needy" with Max? in what AU roswell? LOL!

honestly i see her more "needy" with Sean (or maybe i use this word into a different way). he's the perfect example, He was the rebound she used when she felt a miserable (just like what Max did toward Tess, but at least Tess used him too so they're even) since she couldn't be with Max. He was someone she needed in order to forget Max. Not to mention how she used him for the Alex's thing and what happened in departure where thank God, Liz didn't with Sean the same mistake Max did with Tess (oh we women are always the best ones! )

anyway, Sean and Liz wouldn't last just like M&T (well.. Max would have died on Antar too so obliviously his "destiny" was written.. but oh well... details.).
i don't even think that Sean was in love with Liz or something. He was in roswell just for a temporary time he wasn't supposed to stay. He liked Liz but no more than that. It's the reason of why he was "ok" about how she "used" him.
In departure before Liz had Max again she totally closed her possible relantionship with him because she understood that it was all wrong and you can't use people like that.
Not to mention that in season 3 right after Liz had Max again there was no Sean anymore, just like he suddenly appeared he suddenly was away. (or maybe Max killed him ) Writers put him like a toy for Liz in order to make her "breathe" since all the characters had another boy or girl (that weren't their real partners) interested in them sorry the sad choice of words but IMO this is the truth and Shiri Appleby herself admitted it.

if Liz was 'needy' toward Max because she was so in love with him and she couldn't be happy without him then Max was just as needy as Liz toward her and it's pretty NORMAL when people are crazy in love with each other. I'm needy too when i'm in love with someone and i don't feel stupid for it.

Quote:
That could be true. But if Max had really left Earth with Tess, I don't see Liz having a lasting relationship with Sean at that time. Sean would be a rebound and of course second best to Max. I believe that's why Liz stopped herself from sleeping with Sean in Departure because she knew it was a mistake.
i agree. IMO she would have started to date another totally different guy that was another rebound but more compatible to her. well we're talking about a "roswell" that will never exist so all is possible. But Sean was out of the picture for me.
I hope that he still remained her friend but who know where is the guy right now (now that i think about it, in the season 4 books he was at Max&Liz second wedding at roswell! )

i liked him because he was "so free", he respected Liz, he liked her but he never tried to jump into her pants using dirty tricks. he did let her do what she wanted and he never really asked something more than friendship. He knew that she loved Max, i bet that he thought that sooner or later she would have been with Max again and he was ok with it... and again, he wasn't supposed to stay in roswell for ever. Most likely he had his projects, he just tried to have fun in that little boring city of roswell where the only one cute girl he found interesting was Liz. Surely he couldn't know that the guy Liz loved was an half alien it's what made his character like a fresh air, he was totally OT and out the alien plot and this was his purpose.
*Coccy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 03:25 AM
Elite Fan

Sean was one of those props Roswell was so fond of, like Courtney. You see them, you blink and bam, they are gone . Without having been a real impact on the characters.

Old 07-30-2007, 04:02 AM
Absolute Fan

we can add Brody in the list too also that crazy obsessed that owned the Ufo center before him (oh my that guy was hilarious )

my fav character we didn't see anymore was River Dog... oh i loved so much the indian+alien aspect. I remember a ff where he was married to a hybrid like Max&Co too O_O but i don't remember the name anymore, it was years ago and it wasn't completed. But the plot was so interesting and fascinating because Max&Co discovered a whole community of half aliens like them that lived in earth since years before the crash

Nicolas was cool too
*Coccy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 07:27 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Coccy* (View Post)

my fav character we didn't see anymore was River Dog... oh i loved so much the indian+alien aspect. I remember a ff where he was married to a hybrid like Max&Co too O_O but i don't remember the name anymore, it was years ago and it wasn't completed. But the plot was so interesting and fascinating because Max&Co discovered a whole community of half aliens like them that lived in earth since years before the crash
I always had a soft spot for the indians in general and the ones from Roswell in particular. That's why I am co-writing a fic where they are essential to the plot. River Dog is the found who found Michael in the desert, after he hatched. Michael is raised by River Dog's family, on the indian reservation.

It's also a way to include some social themes in the fic, and it will be about how the indians are treated in the States. Like, did you know that the college funds for young indians had been cut off ? How are they supposed to pay for their education, they are already so poor !

There will be other informations about the indians' lives, nowadays. Sure, in movies, they are always seen as romantic, mystical, but I really wanted a fic where the difficulty to live on a reservation would be explored, and with this idea, it will be done.

And the girl who co-writes the fic with me is half-indian so she knows first hand what goes on on indian reservations.

I really wanted a fic showing how much I admire the indians, both from the past and in the present. They are great people with a fantastic history. I hope I will be one day able to go to the States and meet real indians.

Old 07-30-2007, 09:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I really liked Sean and I do agree that him and Courtney together would have been something I would have loved to see. I never liked the way Liz treated him and Court was never that bad of a character, she simply needed a new direction away from Michael.

That would mean that one day Court might have been a Deluca and that would have been interesting to say the least
Old 07-30-2007, 12:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

heh i can see courtney/sean. i once read a billy/courtney fic, well candy but with them as a couple.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Really? That's interesting. I could see that as well
Old 07-30-2007, 08:04 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
sorry but, was Liz "so needy" with Max? in what AU roswell? LOL!
It must have been the same AU where ALL the "needy" Roswell girls were.

Quote:
Not to mention that in season 3 right after Liz had Max again there was no Sean anymore, just like he suddenly appeared he suddenly was away. (or maybe Max killed him ) Writers put him like a toy for Liz in order to make her "breathe" since all the characters had another boy or girl (that weren't their real partners) interested in them sorry the sad choice of words but IMO this is the truth and Shiri Appleby herself admitted it.
Max would have done no such thing! Though if looks could kill, Sean would have been dust.

Quote:
i agree. IMO she would have started to date another totally different guy that was another rebound but more compatible to her. well we're talking about a "roswell" that will never exist so all is possible. But Sean was out of the picture for me.
I hope that he still remained her friend but who know where is the guy right now (now that i think about it, in the season 4 books he was at Max&Liz second wedding at roswell! )
Awww, Sean was at M/L's wedding. See Sean was really a Dreamer like Tess!

Old 08-05-2007, 02:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Wanted to show off some GZ art! All by the lovely Kate (crazy little candygirl)

Reply   Post New Thread