Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2017, 07:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I love the show, don't get me wrong, but it's very clear to me that the direction they were intending to take Tess in during the first half of season 2 is very different than the direction they ended up taking her in during the second half. It's as if, halfway through the season, they just decided too many people disliked the character and it was easier to write her out as the big bad villain rather than try to develop her further.
ICON
Old 04-22-2017, 11:43 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Producers giving in to (loud) fans needs to stop.
Old 04-22-2017, 12:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree!

And I mean, this isn't to say that everyone would eventually come around and love Tess. No, I don't think that would have been the goal, or should have been, because if they'd attempted to do that, then they basically would have had to Mary Sue the hell out of her character. But . . . I don't know, it's just frustrating, because she was a complex character and definitely heightened the intensity of so many of the dynamics in the group. She could have been utilized so much better than she was.
ICON
Old 04-23-2017, 02:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Making her a Mary Sue would've made me more upset than making her evil out of nowhere, because Mary Sues are so boring and I dislike when gray characters go through a personality transplant to make them likable *coughcaptainhookcough*. At least "evil" people are complex.

Quote:
She could have been utilized so much better than she was.
So much more could've been done with her alien knowledge.
Old 04-23-2017, 05:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I always loved how much she knew about Antar!

Old 04-24-2017, 08:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Me too. I wish we heard more about it from her. I would've loved a scene of Michael asking her about it.
Old 04-25-2017, 06:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I would have loved just a little bit more visuals from there, I mean I loved how mysterious it was and liked what we did see but a little more would have been neat.

Old 04-26-2017, 06:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

yea, I wanted to see the day they died. They could've had the actors play the part instead of inserting little green men into the scene.
Old 05-01-2017, 06:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMouse (View Post)
Making her a Mary Sue would've made me more upset than making her evil out of nowhere, because Mary Sues are so boring and I dislike when gray characters go through a personality transplant to make them likable *coughcaptainhookcough*. At least "evil" people are complex.
I agree. I will forever be bitter, though, that they didn't flesh out her villainous side more fully since that's the route they chose to go with her.

Sometimes I have these ideas for an alternate season three fanfic . . . and Tess is in it. But then I remember that I suck at writing sci-fI, so I don't even attempt it.
ICON
Old 05-02-2017, 07:27 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I wouldn't have wanted to see her as a mustache twirling villain, though. If she was going to be bad, write it as if she was pushed or threatened into it.
Old 05-07-2017, 07:23 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

I agree it would of made more sense.

Today is May 7th and you know what that means Happy Birthday Tess Harding!
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 05-08-2017, 05:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Tess
Old 05-08-2017, 09:18 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Hope we see more of Emilie this year!

I wonder what Tess is up too now? Do you think she survived the military base blow up? If so what do you think she is up to?
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
Old 05-09-2017, 08:05 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I pretend she did survive the explosion and she's living her life in Hawaii with her son and no aliens or government are going after her like the van crew. And she has a really attractive boyfriend/husband who is good to her and thinks she's the best person in the universe and he knows her secret so she doesn't have to hide anything from him.
Old 05-10-2017, 08:31 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Yes I always thought she survived as well. I wrote how she survived in one fan fic I wrote called the Journey Home.

I think Tess surviving and living a quite life would be great.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread