Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2003, 10:23 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Angel_Demoness:
<STRONG>Hey, remember me? It's been a while since i came over here. so what's new?</STRONG>
Hey good to see you. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

We're mostly talking about "Viva Las Vegas" right now.

[img]smilies/abduct.gif[/img] [img]smilies/read.gif[/img]
Old 12-11-2003, 11:43 AM
Elite Fan

What annoys me is when people say they've never had a relationship. But they did, in the first season, and Isabel was the one who demanded it. But after Destiny, she said she needed time to "think". Blah, what an excuse.
Old 12-11-2003, 02:24 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by fetch:
<STRONG>What annoys me is when people say they've never had a relationship. But they did, in the first season, and Isabel was the one who demanded it. But after Destiny, she said she needed time to "think". Blah, what an excuse.</STRONG>
I agree, that really annoys me - and the show's producers tried to edit history in S3. Why do some fans go along with that? [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Isabel said she needed time to think in "Skin and Bones." [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

At the end of "Destiny" they were still together. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Which made sense. They took longest to get together, established solid foundations... they would never break up.

Old 12-11-2003, 05:42 PM
Master Fan

Alex and Isabel definitely had a relationship. I didn't like the way the show tried to deny that in S3 (actually, I didn't really like anything about S3). It was a long time building, mostly due to Isabel's defenses and fears (all the aliens had their own way of dealing with things, and Isabel's was a fear of close relationships with anyone outside her family), but it was all the stronger because it did take a long time to build. They had a strong foundation of friendship and trust for their love.

icon by lunas_borednow
Old 12-12-2003, 12:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

very well said, Anla - you are one of great words [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

the special thing about their relationship is that even though it wasn't as present as M/M or M/L, there was still something magic about it - otherwise, we wouldn't be here

I'm still loving my fantasies about how Isabel was secretly lusting after Alex after VLV - who else does? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Trude [img]smilies/rose.gif[/img]

Violence is a choice a man makes and he alone is responsible for it. ~ Patrick Stewart
Old 12-12-2003, 04:32 PM
Elite Fan

Not just since VLV, but since he returned from Sweden.

As for saying after Destiny, I meant that though we didn't see their breakup, they were broked up in the second season premiere, and it's not something new. So we assume.
Old 12-13-2003, 04:57 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Sternbetrachter:
<STRONG>I'm still loving my fantasies about how Isabel was secretly lusting after Alex after VLV - who else does? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] </STRONG>
Oh, it wasn't all that secretly. It was pretty obvious, I think. And it was way before VLV. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

icon by lunas_borednow
Old 12-13-2003, 05:02 AM
Loyal Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] Gazers!!

Quote:
Originally posted by greenglow:
<STRONG>

Yeah, I've downloaded an mp3 of that song someone recorded from tv and it has all the dialogs of course, and I always pay attention to Alex and Isabel [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] the other dialogs I tend to pay more attention to Majandra's voice in the background [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]</STRONG>

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] So true with me too! I think that was the time I really almost started to ignore the Max/Liz relationship.
Old 12-13-2003, 01:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

Quote:
Originally posted by sHobhnA GuerIn: CANDY COATED:
<STRONG> [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] Gazers!!

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] So true with me too! I think that was the time I really almost started to ignore the Max/Liz relationship.</STRONG>
[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] compared to me, it took you quite long [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

and yeah, Isabel was already lusting after Alex when he returned from "Sweden" - how could I have overseen that? [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

Trude [img]smilies/rose.gif[/img]

Violence is a choice a man makes and he alone is responsible for it. ~ Patrick Stewart
Old 12-13-2003, 05:39 PM
Loyal Fan

Anla: So do I! S3 -&gt; [img]smilies/puke.gif[/img] [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Alex and Isabel were just as important as M&M or M/L. It didn't had the same airtime, but most of it was quality time [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 12-13-2003, 08:05 PM
Master Fan

No, not secret at all. Especially not from Alex. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

And Greenglow, definitely. Well said.

Old 12-13-2003, 11:03 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] compared to me, it took you quite long [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Trude [img]smilies/rose.gif[/img]</STRONG>

hey, by that i don't mean that i don't like that couple. i do (well, most of the time). it's just around that time i started to notice how empty that relationship was becoming. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

hello all! Brian, i loved Alone. it's great! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 12-14-2003, 10:56 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>and yeah, Isabel was already lusting after Alex when he returned from "Sweden" - how could I have overseen that? [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Love the look Isabel gives Alex when she's leaving his slideshow back in WAF. She was definitely intrigued. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Although, personally, I think the lusting goes back farther than that, to Season 1. There was that dream she had of Alex in 4Square, before all the "destiny" nonsense started.

icon by lunas_borednow
Old 12-14-2003, 11:22 AM
Master Fan

Thanks Shobna. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Anla, you're right that it goes further back. Think even to the pilot episode and the looks they exchange. Up until "Four Square" Isabel was reluctant, frightened to get so involved... but that all means she wanted to. She wanted Alex, as he wanted her.

The slideshow was when Isabel first showed she realized trying to keep herself and Alex apart to protect him was both pointless and even more difficult than she had thought. Love that she started chasing him... not worth separating them for so much of S2, but still good to see.

Old 12-14-2003, 02:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

in WAF, she realized that she can't take him granted anymore, expecting him to wait till she's ready and that she had to make a move ... something totally new for the Ice Princess, I guess [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Closed Thread   Post New Thread