Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2003, 07:37 AM
Passionate Fan

Scandinavian Roswell - Where are you guys?

Ok, I hope it's ok for me to start a new thread. I know there has been a Scandinavian thread before, but it's gone... [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

So, where are you all Roswell-lovers from "up north"? I'm a Finnish fan and I just [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] Roswell. I can't be the only one...now that's a scary thought...

Ok, I thought we could start with everyone's favorite shippers. My absolute fave is Max&Liz 'cos they are made for each other and their love is SO sweet!!

Ok, post away! Happy posting!

PS: If we get a conversation going, NO BASHING! Play nice. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Tact is for people who aren't witty enough to be sarcastic.
Black Mary Cash Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2003, 01:57 PM
Dedicated Fan

Hi SilverRoswellian!! [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img]

We had a thread going here, but I guess I can take the blame for letting it die... again... [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

So, where in Finland are you from?
I'm from northern Sweden, a town called Boden.
And how did you find your way to FanForum (FF)?? Always great with new members! Welcome!

Hope everyone else will find there way back here, again... Snicker, Linn, Divy, Postman and everyone else!! [img]smilies/love.gif[/img]

I'm done with school now, so I have lots of free time to spend here on FF. (I've studied Literature at the University in Luleå...)

But now it's not long until the Fehrian gathering in Canada - I'm leaving on the 27'th from Stockholm. Yay!

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] SFG

"The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it."
Swedish Fehrian Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2003, 03:15 PM
Passionate Fan

Hey SFG!! [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]
It's really nice that someone answered... [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I live in a small town about 140 km south from Oulu, on the sea shore... I'm not really that fond of this place, it's a little too small. But I'll be leaving in two years, going to university in Oulu or Helsinki...can't wait!!

I found a link to FF from the Cashdown.com like 6 months ago, but I registered only 2 days ago...I'm lazy, I know... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I really hope everyone else will show up too...it would be nice to meet new people.

Wow, I hope you have a blast at your gathering...I think I'm a little too young to participate in things like that...damn...

Ok, I hope I see you again!

Old 06-01-2003, 07:34 PM
Dedicated Fan

*sniffles* you forgot me SFG [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] I see my post has died [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] I went to check here the other day and it was gone... all gone [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] I haven't been online in like forever cuz my computer got a virus and everything was deleted, so we just recently got everything re-installed... actually it was yesterday [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] I almost died without the internet that long *faints* [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

anyway, hi silverroswellian! I'm from Denmark and a michael&maria shipper... I started out not being any shipper, but it changed...

SFG, are you going to the gathering? [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] you're so lucky! I'm also too young to go [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

[ 06-04-2003: Message edited ..::Rileybehry::.. ]
..::Rileybehry::.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 05:36 AM
Passionate Fan

Hi Rileybehry!! [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

You poor thing, viruses suck...I don't think I would survive without internet, I'm pretty much hooked at the moment... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I like Michael&Maria too as a couple even though I'm not really a Candy. There are so funny and a pretty good match...even though they fight a lot... [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

If you're asking me about Friends, I have absolutely no idea...funny show though...

See ya later folks!

Old 06-02-2003, 06:55 AM
Dedicated Fan

yes, viruses suck [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] it was horrible wihtout Internet for a month since I'm quite addicted [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] I should get in rehab [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

yup, they do fight... a lot and often lol! but I just think when they don't fight, they're really cute! I used to be a Max&Liz person when I watched the show the first times, I think they're a cute couply too... but I don't mind Tess&Max either... I can't choose [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] have you seen all the episodes? are they still showing it in Finland? they're not here, they stopped showing it when they got to season 3... all episodes have been showed before though, I just haven't seen them all... actually I only think I've seen 1 or 2 episodes [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] what is your fave episode?
Old 06-02-2003, 08:11 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ..::Rileybehry::..:
<STRONG>yes, viruses suck [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] it was horrible wihtout Internet for a month since I'm quite addicted [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] I should get in rehab [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
</STRONG>
You and me both!! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

I haven't seen all the eppies, I missed a few in the beginning, but I've read all the scripts, so I know what happened in those episodes...

They don't show Roswell here anymore. They were showing reruns on cable a few months ago but since we don't have cable, I wasn't able to watch them... [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] Luckily my cousin offered to tape some good eppies for me...she's the best... [img]smilies/love.gif[/img]

My fave eppie...there's too many! I didn't really like S3 though, some of the magic was just gone... I [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] the Pilot, Blind Date and Sexual Healing...perfect Dreamer episodes...I also like the White Room and Destiny, and from S2 the Departure. Oh, and Meet the Dupes and Max in the City! It's a shame that Zan was killed, he was pretty damn fine... [img]smilies/eyebrows.gif[/img]

What about you? What's your fave eppie?

Old 06-02-2003, 11:36 AM
Dedicated Fan

lol! I missed the sequal to 285 south, damn [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] it was a really exciting episode and I miss the sequal [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] me and my short term memory... tehe, cool you got tapes from your cousin! I don't know any other roswell fans [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] my friend is one, but she didnt tape them when they were on [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] how long have you been watching the show?

how come everyone says season 3 was not that good? it's making me worry [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] they're not showing season 3 here until after the summer break [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] some TV channels are stupid, they stop showing some shows in the middle of the good stuff [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

my fave episodes? hmmm... I have a few [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] my ultimate fave one must be the Departure, it's so sweet [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I also like Baby it's you, sexual healing and Indenpendence Day... those are probably me favorites... I haven't seen season 3 yet so... who is your fave character?

Quote:
It's a shame that Zan was killed, he was pretty damn fine...
right on [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] lol!! I know what you mean [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ 06-02-2003: Message edited ..::Rileybehry::.. ]
Old 06-03-2003, 07:52 AM
Passionate Fan

Hey!! [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]
I had to take a little break from posting, our stupid computer doesn't want to co-operate with me... [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]

I don't really know any other hard-core Roswell fans either, my cousin likes to watch it but she isn't as fanatic as I am. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I've been watching Roswell since the fall of 2000, that's when Roswell began here. Like I said, I haven't seen all the eppies from the beginning, but I've seen all of them after Blind Date. And I have most of them on tape, even though at that time we didn't even own a VCR. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I took advantage of my friends...I'm a bad person... [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Gosh, I've been a fan for a long time...time flies when you're having fun...

Don't worry, S3 wasn't all bad, sometimes it just felt a little forced, if you know what I mean. And I didn't like Jesse/Izzy either...long live Alex&Isabel.

My fave character...well, I basically like all of them, even Tess, even though I'm a Dreamer. I think she was important to the show, she helped Roswell move on. But I have to say that my fave is Max. JB is SOOO cute and I've always liked quiet guys...I wish sweet guys like that were real... [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]

See ya later!

Old 06-03-2003, 11:43 AM
Dedicated Fan

kick the computer [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] my computer freezes all the time, usually when I'm the middle of typing something and then I need to restart it... old computers [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] don't think it's completely healed from the virus [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Cool you've been watching Roswell for that long! I think they started showing it around that time here too... I remember seeing some episodes from the 1st, 2nd and 3rd season now and then [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I didn't get hooked until February though, when they started showing re-runs every day... I was really happy when they started showing 2 episodes a day, but that was only cuz they needed to finish the second season [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] pfft [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] I never really planned on taping them though, but then I started taping the regularly when I wasn't home and then I decided to tape all... but that was in the middle of season 1, so I still need 5 episodes or so... hmph [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] they should really sell them on DVD though [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] seems like no one likes Jesse... I really can't wait to see season 3 [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I liked Alex though, shame he was killed [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

tehe, I like all characters too! all in their different ways, they each bring something special in the show... and I don't think no one could've been left out, except maybe Jesse [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] and yes, JB is veeery cute [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I liek all the episodes where he doesn't have a shirt on [img]smilies/eyebrows.gif[/img] tsk tsk, bad me [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] lol!

what grade are you in at school? I just had my English exam today... it went well [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] yay [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] only 2 more exams left and I'm done with public school [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 06-03-2003, 01:41 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
kick the computer
You have NO idea how many times I have wanted to do that! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

...you got to see two eppies/day...that's heaven... [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]

Quote:
they should really sell them on DVD though
Right on! I don't have nearly all of the episodes on tape, a DVD-box would be great. It would make my cousin's life a lot easier too... [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

My schooling: I'm done with the first year of upper secondary school. Still two more years to go, then the matriculation exams and then hopefully to some university! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
...too much school...

I'm heading to Särkänniemi (=amusement park in Tampere) tomorrow, so I won't be posting. Hopefully I'll see you later! [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

Old 06-03-2003, 01:47 PM
Dedicated Fan

[img]smilies/glow.gif[/img] Hi guys!

Great, Rileybehry showed up... [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] But I think you got me confused with Snicker, girl! Don't worry, it gave me a laugh... and who can blame you? Both me and Snicker are Swedish and start with S:es. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
And yeah, it was your posting name I was trying to remember when I wrote "and everyone else"... yours and Lelo's (Ida, are you there?)... And also our Estonian friend Vihmakass... un-lurk if you're there... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Oooh! Great, some Roswell talk... Love that.
I have some trouble choosing favorite episodes, mainly 'cause I loooove it all! Season 3 and eeeeverything else... But some of my faves are:

Season 1: The Pilot, 285 South, Toy House, Independence Day, The White Room

Season 2: The End of the World, A Roswell Christmas Carol, Viva Las Vegas, Cry Your Name, The Departure +

Season 3: Busted, Significant Others, To Have And To Hold, Samuel Rising, I Married An Alien, Chant Down Babylon, Four Aliens And A Baby and... Graduation!

That's as much limitation as I can possibly do... [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Now I have to do a Roswell marathon, there's just so many great episodes I haven't watched since.. forever!

About Jesse, I thought he was OK, it's hard to think of Adam Rodriguez as a cast regular though... Jesse's relationship with Isabel was interesting... a great way to have her grow up and really confront the "alien-secret" problem!

I'm off to watch... Significant Others! A big Isabel/Jesse/Alex episode.
[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] SFG

"The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it."
Swedish Fehrian Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2003, 12:22 PM
Dedicated Fan

SFG: [img]smilies/blush.gif[/img] *blushes* lol! I ws so anxious to be back that I jsut saw the name started with an S, so I just thought it was Snicker lol! I'm sorry [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] now I feel embarrased lol! [img]smilies/blush.gif[/img] I lvoe those episodes you mentioned too [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I think all are great episodes actually, I wanna see them again [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] so you think Jesse is OK? I can't wait to get my opinion on him, they need to start showing season 3 [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] you're still so lucky you get to go to the Fehrian gathering [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] you'll have to tell us how it was when you get back [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Silverroswellian: Yes, it was definitely good seeing two episodes of Roswell each day in a row! but I knew it was too good to be true, they just needed to get the show off the air so they could start showing re-runs of Buffy and Angel... they always do that, no fair [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] hhmm, I wonder if they're gonna show Roswell again after they finish the re-runs of Buffy and Angel or if it's gonna be a new show... I hope they won't start showing Buffy and Angel from the beginning again, then I'd have to sue them [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

They always seem to put DVDs and videos of shows here, but they haven't done it with Roswell [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] shame [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] plus, DVD would be better quality [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

lol! yea, that's a lot of school yet! after summer break I'll be going to a gymnasium, so 3 more years of school for me... and I might do more after that, depends on what I wanna do, haven't decided yet... Did you hvae fun in the amusement park? I just got a new job today, it was kinda quick, they just fired someone, so they needed a new one to come ASAP, and my friend brought me [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 06-04-2003, 07:00 PM
Addicted Fan

Ok we gotta be the worst thread-keepers in the history of Roswell. Two people. We've killed two threads. We're serial killers for God's sake. Sheesh, I think I need to lie down. *fans herself with a magazine* Oh what the heck, so we're murderers. Who'll ever find out. We can always blame it on terrorists. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

So...too tired to come up with something good to write now so I'll just say WELCOME to Silver! [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] Now we've got two whole finnish scandinavians. *g*

And hi to my old friends Riley and SFG!! [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

Heh, we're talking about [img]smilies/roswell_zan.gif[/img] ? Well personally I would have loved it if he got some more screentime, if he'd been anything but Max Evans. I would have wanted him to be like Rath in that case. The dark side of the podster Max.
Old 06-05-2003, 05:53 AM
Passionate Fan

Hey ya'll!! [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

Snicker: Nice to meet you! And I don't care even though you might be a thread-murderer, I like to live dangerously... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I really had fun yesterday, it rained though, but that didn't stop me and my friend...it's good to be on holiday... [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Quote:
Well personally I would have loved it if he got some more screentime, if he'd been anything but Max Evans. I would have wanted him to be like Rath in that case. The dark side of the podster Max.
My thoughts exactly! They shouldn't have killed him, it would have been great to get to know the "bad-Max". Life's unfair...

Quote:
Jesse's relationship with Isabel was interesting... a great way to have her grow up and really confront the "alien-secret" problem!
Well, when you put it that way, I have to agree. In S3 Izzy wasn't a little high school girl anymore and that was because of Jesse. But the whole romance-thing came so fast that I just couldn't keep up and that really irritated me...I wouldn't have got over Alex that fast... [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Quote:
Now we've got two whole finnish scandinavians
I assume you mean Postman...where is he anyway...it would be like to really meet him...oh, well, I guess he'll show up someday...

Well, see you guys later!

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top