Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2004, 09:20 PM
Loyal Fan

RoswellMovie.net Thread: You can make a difference! Come on in and find out how!

A Roswell Movie is very much a possibility.

RoswellMovie.net has spent the past two years making contacts and gathering info on just HOW to achieve it. If you loved Roswell at all, please help us in the fight.

In November we had a very successful campaign in which we mailed stuff every day. According to our sources, this is still the best way to go. You can find info on that campaign here:

http://roswellmovie.net/30DayCampaign.html

Right now we're in the very beginning stages of a radio campaign.
Basicaly, we're picking a radio station from each state. One from a large city. We'll pick one state for each day of the week--Monday thru Friday-- and we'll email them asking them to play Here with Me by Dido during their request hour.

The thinking on this is that at first there won't be much going on, just some fun seeing if they play it, but we're hoping that after a little while, the word will spread between the stations/states what's going on.

The goal is the email messages short and sweet. A sample could be:

"Please play Here with Me by Dido
Thanks,
I vote Roswell Movie"

Something like that. Just keep it simple.

Here are the stations for the rest of Dec 13-17.

Wednesday
Portland, Oregon
http://www.z100portland.com/contact/index.php

Thursday
New Jersey--Trenton
http://www.wpst.com/music/requests.shtml

Friday
New Hampshire-- Concord
http://www.wlnh.com/station_comment.htm

We'll be taking the week of Christmas off ( Dec 20-24th), but will back the week after with five more.

There are also a few 2005 calendars left. You can go here to order:
http://www.yearbox.com/roswell/index.html

All proceeds go to EGPAF

It can be done.
We just have to keep up the work of letting TPTB know we are still here and that we still want MORE ROSWELL!

Because the story isn't over... RoswellMovie.net
RoswellMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 12:44 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks Jodi
[Edward & Bella] [Rob & Kristen] [Tyler & Ally] [Max & Liz] [Nathan & Haley] [Sawyer & Kate]
Dreamer 4 Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 01:05 AM
Loyal Fan

Jenn (D4E), Can you please check out the RM.net staff board and click on "Couple of ideas,"... since you're the only person I know who makes FANTASTIC videos... are you willing to do this? Lemme know. Thanks!

Stephan
Old 12-16-2004, 08:21 PM
Extreme Fan

Hey guys! I'm still emailing, but does somebody know if at least one station has played it? Just curious...

Misha

Roswell and me: All I had was one little sip... and it's not wearing off...
Misha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 12:26 AM
Passionate Fan

Re: RoswellMovie.net---It CAN be done!

I just ordered my calendar
Quote:
Originally posted by RoswellMouse
A Roswell Movie is very much a possibility.

RoswellMovie.net has spent the past two years making contacts and gathering info on just HOW to achieve it. If you loved Roswell at all, please help us in the fight.

In November we had a very successful campaign in which we mailed stuff every day. According to our sources, this is still the best way to go. You can find info on that campaign here:

http://roswellmovie.net/30DayCampaign.html

Right now we're in the very beginning stages of a radio campaign.
Basicaly, we're picking a radio station from each state. One from a large city. We'll pick one state for each day of the week--Monday thru Friday-- and we'll email them asking them to play Here with Me by Dido during their request hour.

The thinking on this is that at first there won't be much going on, just some fun seeing if they play it, but we're hoping that after a little while, the word will spread between the stations/states what's going on.

The goal is the email messages short and sweet. A sample could be:

"Please play Here with Me by Dido
Thanks,
I vote Roswell Movie"

Something like that. Just keep it simple.

Here are the stations for the rest of Dec 13-17.

Wednesday
Portland, Oregon
http://www.z100portland.com/contact/index.php

Thursday
New Jersey--Trenton
http://www.wpst.com/music/requests.shtml

Friday
New Hampshire-- Concord
http://www.wlnh.com/station_comment.htm

We'll be taking the week of Christmas off ( Dec 20-24th), but will back the week after with five more.

There are also a few 2005 calendars left. You can go here to order:
http://www.yearbox.com/roswell/index.html

All proceeds go to EGPAF

It can be done.
We just have to keep up the work of letting TPTB know we are still here and that we still want MORE ROSWELL!
Olderroswellfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 07:44 AM
Part-Time Fan

Just got my new calendar today
Very nice ( and i love the fast delivery !)
Anybody know what it says on Maj's shirt on the cover?

Best wishes,

Scott
StillMariaRulesAlways2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 01:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by StillMariaRulesAlways2
Anybody know what it says on Maj's shirt on the cover?
I think it says "I Love You Mom"

It was fast delivery, I live in Australia and mine came in 8 days

ETA: Thanks for the new thread RoswellMouse
Just Peachy. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 06:43 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Just Peachy.
I think it says "I Love You Mom"

It was fast delivery, I live in Australia and mine came in 8 days

ETA: Thanks for the new thread RoswellMouse

Thanks

Best wishes,

Scott
StillMariaRulesAlways2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 06:41 PM
Loyal Fan

Hehe, it does say "I love you mom". For the interest of art and compositon, Christina Radish's image was flip-flopped.

I'm so glad all of you are enjoying your calendars. I'm sure the artists involved--Misha, Stephan, and Adam--appreciate it too.

Old 12-21-2004, 06:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by RoswellMouse

I'm so glad all of you are enjoying your calendars. I'm sure the artists involved--Misha, Stephan, and Adam--appreciate it too.
They're great. I can't wait for the new year so I can put it up
Just Peachy. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2004, 02:15 AM
Loyal Fan

I just wanted to say that I received my Calenders on Christmas Eve. i have to say that they are awesome.

thank you to all of you that brought us these calenders. You are truely awesome at what you do.

Cannot wait till next year.

Carol
#154 OBSESSED JB FAN
Icon by mesmerise
out of this world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2004, 07:06 PM
Loyal Fan

Glad you like the calendar, Carol! Thank you for purchasing one. And as for the 2006 calendar, we don't know if we are going to do it because the pictures can be difficult to find and it is very time consuming. Also, we didn't beat last year's sale of 2004 calendar which was 510. We only sold 300+ (I put a plus because I don't know how many exactly but I definitely know for a fact it was over 300) this year.

Hope everyone had a great Christmas!
Old 12-29-2004, 05:18 PM
Loyal Fan

Ok, all. I was hoping to get this up on the movie site, but for some reason i can't get in. I'll just post it here and when i can get back into the site, i'll put it there too.
Thanks to all of you who sent in questions.
Enjoy!

From RoswellMovie.net: An Interview with Melinda Metz--author of Roswell High book series.

Ms. Metz:
What was the catalyst that gave you the idea to write the books that turned into the tv series that roswellians around the world love?

Pocket Books, the publisher, came up with the core idea. They wanted a series called "Roswell High." They turned it over to a book packager to develop. My friend (who has now been my writing partner for a bunch of years) Laura Burns, fleshed out the basic story arc for the first six books. Then several writers were asked to write the scene where Max heals Liz as a sample. (I was completely hooked by the concept of the series. I was dying for the job!) I added new things, like that Max would get those flashes of Liz's life from her and that silver handprint, and I was ultimately chosen as the author. Then Laura and I worked together to develop the series even further.

When writing the book series, did you have any long-term ideas for the
characters' futures beyond their high school years? If so, what were they?
If not, have you thought of any now that the series has aired and been
completed? Thank you.

Well, on the show we talked in a general way about having the group travel around the country in their van, helping out people with their powers. We talked about Kyle developing powers too, and Liz's powers developing further.

As for the books, I was more focused on delivering an ending that would give readers who had followed the series real satisfaction and closure. I know that some people were disappointed Alex and Isabel didn't get together (although I think that kind of friendship is rare and valuable), and I thought maybe after college they'd end up as a couple. Other than that, I didn't really think about it.

Dear Melinda Metz,
I have two questions and those are:

1. What inspired you to write the Roswell High Series?
See above.

2. Does it surprise you that even though the series (as well as the show) has come to an end; that fans are still around after all these years?

It does surprise me. It's wonderful. I'm so grateful to all the fans. (And let me stop here to say thank you for all the cards and notes I've received lately). Writing the book series and working on the show were both such rewarding experiences for me, and it's almost mind-bending how much people responded to both. And what amazing people. The generosity and creativity and hard work Roswell fans have shown in raising money for charity is awesome! You guys are the best!!

Thanks, first and foremost, for starting a story that has found its way into so many hearts, souls and imaginations. Roswell has become a beloved fairytale to me.

I'm wondering what directions you would most wish to further explore, for Max and Liz in particular, but the entire core group, as well. Intriguing hints about pre-destination were peppered throughout the story regarding a special and maybe even ancient link between Max and Liz, at least in the series. And of course we all long to know what the distant future holds for them all, so have you considered introducing a FutureMax storyline, perhaps?

I'm so happy that the books and show touched you. Honestly, I haven't really thought about the futures of the characters, I think because in the book series, I brought them to a place where I wanted them to be. I guess I thought that Trevor, Michael's brother in the books would come back at some point, needing Michael's help. And I thought Alex and Isabel might get together at some point down the road, after college maybe. But other than that I just didn't think about it. I liked the moment where I ended the story.

The writing staff did talk a bit about the fates of the characters on the show (see previous question). But other than that, I can't tell you what would have happened. That would have been something Jason Katims and the group would have worked out. I don't know what would have happened!

Hi Melinda,
First I'd like to thank you for creating the books that inspired the
great Roswell tv series. My question is, have you ever considered doing another series of books on the lives of the Roswell characters set in their future ~ maybe five or six years down the road? It would be great to see how you envision their future. Thanks.

It would be fun to revisit the characters at that age. But I don't control the rights to the series or characters, so I wouldn't be able to write a sequel series.

How were you able to capture such personality to all of the characters and have it so that the show copied your personalities to them perfectly?

Hmm. Hard question. I guess I started with figuring out backgrounds for the characters and trying to decide how it would form them. How did Maria and her mom and little brother relate? What fears were under Isabel's cool exterior? How did the death of Liz's sister change Liz? Then I used little bits of myself and people I know to flesh them out a bit more. I put my older brother's love of the Grateful Dead into Liz's dad, for example. Adam's excessive love of toast from me. But mostly I just tried to put myself into the situations of each character and used my imagination to figure out how they would feel and react. I'm glad it worked for you! I got very attached to the group myself!

Dear Melinda Metz first off .. i want to say thankyou on behalf of all
fans of roswell... for the wonderful thing you started

my question is .. since the Tv show and the books were partially your
creation where do you see max and liz and the rest of our crew now?
and would you be interested in seeing Roswell on the silver screen?

Thank you! Your first question is answered above. And it would be cool to see Roswell on screen! Seeing the story on TV was a complete thrill.

Mrs. Metz,
First of all I wanted to thank you for creating something so wonderful, I know that Roswell has truly touched many people's hearts, me being one of them!! So thanks again I am a huge fan!!

Now my question:
What are your thoughts on a Roswell movie, do you think we have a chance, and what do think our chances are of getting the main cast to participate in the movie????

Many Thanks
Cassie

I am a supporter of the Roswell Movie

Hi, Cassie. I know you guys have all put in a ton of work campaigning for a Roswell movie. I wish I could tell you I think you have a fabulous chance of making that happen. But honestly, I just don't know. I don't have any control over the movie rights. And I haven't been in touch with the cast (except at the bowl-a-thons), so I have no idea how they feel about it. Sorry that I don't have any info to pass on.

What are you working on now?

Laura and I are working on a mystery series for kids called Wright & Wong. The first two books are coming out in April. I'm also playing around with a fantasy idea, but it's too early to give out details. Thanks for asking!

Old 12-30-2004, 12:50 AM
Loyal Fan

Thank you roswellmouse
Old 12-31-2004, 03:57 PM
Loyal Fan

Thanks to OceanBlue for this great idea.

Quote:
With the support of RoswellMovie.net, we are launching a 2005 campaign to sustain interest and momentum in the creation of a Roswell movie and generate support for the victims of the tsunami in Asia. The world is faced with a daunting challenge in recovering from this disaster, who better to send in to help than Roswell fans - absolute champions at raising money for worthy causes in the name of the show that brought us together. It starts immediately, and here's how it works:

Visit one of the websites below or contact a relief organization of your choice and make a donation in any amount. Even if you can only afford to give a few dollars that will help. If you're cash strapped from the holidays and can't help now, make a note to do this in February, March, April, etc. Help will be needed for a long time, so any amount at any time will be great. The longer this campaign goes, the more good it will do for the world.
Print copies of the acknowledgement or receipt you receive once the donation is made.
Mail them to those we sent letters to in the October 2004 campaign (Jason Katims, David Nutter, Jonathan Frakes, etc. - mailing addresses available at www.roswellmovie.net ) with the following message or a message of your choice: "In the spirit of saving lives, a donation has been made to support tsunami relief efforts in Asia and the creation of a Roswell Movie. Thank you."

UNICEF: http://www.unicef.org/support/index.html

International Federation of the Red Cross (IFRC): http://www.donate.ifrc.org/

Americares: http://www.americares.org/

Oxfam: https://secure.ga3.org/02/asia_earth...ce=aqt04_yahoo

Mercy Corps: http://www.mercycorps.org/splash/

If you can, make a donation to more than one organization, a different organization each month, or a donation each month to one organization of your choice. Time is of the essence in helping those affected by the tsunami (and Jason Behr turned 31 today) so let's hit the ground running and make our presence known.

Thank you for your support!
Even if you don't feel comfortable sending the reciept to the creators, giving to those in need is the Roswellian way. Let's see what we can do!

Reply   Post New Thread