Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2018, 07:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't watch Grey's anymore so I have no idea who this is! I was kind of hoping the casting process would never happen, but here we are

Old 02-16-2018, 09:32 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

I remember Jeanine Mason on the short lived ABC show Bun Heads.

I have not watched Grays in so long so I have no idea what her chracter is like.

Here is her IMDB page.

It has not been updated.

Jeanine Mason - IMDb

I agree with you Lxury sadly we are at the casting stage! :sad: That does not mean this casting is not set in stone. Sometimes with a pilot they might change a cast member that is why it is called an Unaired Pilot.It is a pitch to the networks to see how the show might go or if the views will like it. They might show it to a test audiance first and make changes. The pilot might be longer or the cast might be recast. The pilot might also be rewritten.

It happend in the Buffy Pilot with the actress who played Willow and on Smallville with the actress with Clarks Mom.

However remember don't bash the cast.

There were some actors on Star-Crossed I loved but I hated the storyline and plot.

If anything bash the CW network for wanting to make a NEW show and calling it a reboot.

Real Roswell fans know the truth! We still believe!
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!

Last edited by Roswell 10/2/00; 02-16-2018 at 09:42 PM
Old 02-18-2018, 10:43 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

So I hear that Julie Plec has signed on as Director to the NEW show accoring to IMDB.

Roswell (TV Movie) - IMDb

Good luck with that! That woman destroys story lines and does not respect cannon what so ever! Vampire Diaries is proof of that. No respect for the books that the show was based on. She just wrote her ships of the week. I swear she does this based on how hot the guys in the cast are. Mythology was not respect under her eyes. It was bad fan fiction come to light.

I have seen her speak at a few Comic Cons when she was on for the Vampire Diaries and she was clueless to fan bases and story lines. She threw great story lines out the window and created her own with no connection to past seasons or to the premies of the show. All she did was fan girl over the hot guys on the show. She does not help shows she destroys them.

They must of gotten her because Carina Adly MacKenzie wrote for the Originals which Julie was the writer and producer on.

Oh now I hope this show really fails! It's now even more of a disaster in the making! David Nutter was a master of directing the Roswell pilot! It was stunning and the emotions he made you feel pure magic!

True Roswell fans know the Truth! Real True Roswell all the way!
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
Old 02-20-2018, 03:59 AM
Elite Fan

^Not surprising though, Julie Plec & Carina worked together on TVD & TO....

This thing is gonna be a MESS
Old 02-20-2018, 10:52 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

At least we all know it! Real Roswell fans know the truth!

Who thought this NEW show was going to be a good idea?
Old 02-21-2018, 04:03 AM
Elite Fan

If it's picked up, it's gonna tank faster than TITANIC anyways.....
Old 02-21-2018, 06:39 AM
New Fan

Roswell reboot's casting breakdown:

LIZ ORTECHO | Human, 27. Liz is a biomedical researcher, with a great sense of humor, forced to return to Roswell, NM. Liz is haunted by a tragic accident that turned her from a starry-eyed teenager into a jaded adult. Liz is always searching for the truth even when it challenges everything she believes in. LATINA — SERIES REGULAR.

MAX EVANS | Alien, 28. Max is thoughtful and observant, natural born leader, and police officer. Max, no matter the cost, has kept his Alien heritage a secret ever since he, his sister, and former best-friend crash-landed on earth as kids. ALL ETHNICITIES — SERIES REGULAR.

MICHAEL GUERIN | Alien, 28. After crash-landing, Michael’s life wasn’t as charming as his fellow Alien “friends” finding himself as a lost child of the system. Michael is a cowboy, petty criminal, and an engineering genius driven solely by his want to find his way off Earth and back to the planet he once called home. ALL ETHNICITIES — SERIES REGULAR.

ISOBEL EVANS-BRACKEN | Alien, 28. Isobel is a super type-A, “reformed” high school mean girl who was never meant for small town life, but knows it’s what’s best for her safety. Always fearful of being exposed, her secret starts to unravel her marriage, family and her sanity. ALL ETHNICITIES — SERIES REGULAR.

KYLE VALENTI | Human, 27. Kyle is a surgical resident with great bedside manner and the son of the town Sheriff. Heading into his 10 year High School reunion, a run in with his ex-girlfriend leads him down a rabbit hole leading to the discovery of his family’s involvement in a UFO coverup. Does his oath of “do no harm” extend to protecting his hometown from violent predators? ALL ETHNICITIES — SERIES REGULAR.

MARIA DELUCA | Human, 27. Maria is a total hippie/social media connoisseur and completely unaware of the alien presence in Roswell. Maria is loyal and wonderful friend. Definitely a person you’d want around if the world was flipped on its head. ALL ETHNICITIES — SERIES REGULAR.

SGT. ALEX HANES | Human, 27. Alex was an artsy, skater kid forced into the army by his ultra conservative father. Recently returned from the Middle East, Alex has continued to give up his dreams and follow in his follows expectations; including the future with the man he loves. NATIVE AMERICAN-MIX — SERIES REGULAR.

Last edited by Roswell 10/2/00; 03-01-2018 at 10:11 PM
Old 02-21-2018, 01:22 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

OMG are you SERIOUS! This is a disaster!

Here is a thought how about people watch the original series for the 1999 instead of this!

Real Roswell fans know the TRUTH! Hands off my Roswell!

I really hope it fails!

At least we are all in agreement on this thread!

The night of the pilot we should tweet this slogan Real Roswell fans know the truth!

#Roswell99 #TrueRoswell99 #HandsoffMyRoswell #RememberRoswell99 or something like that. Just something to let the WB aka CW know the True fans still remember!

I don't think I could bring myself to even watch this NEW show! However we could tweet while it is airing on the CW!

We did this for the Star Crossed pilot in 2014. On the night Star-Crossed aired we tweeted along with the Star-Crossed fans.

We did amazing Roswell banners to RT and made videos and fan arts on Twitter using similar hastags with Starcrossed in them to come up in the feed.

Quote:
“Every Roswell fan should hash tag #StarCrossed #RememberRoswell in their tweet. So anyone watching star crossed a Roswell reference will pop up during the twitter feed.” – Roswell 10/2/00

Keep your tweets positive and focused on Roswell!
- Tell the Star-Crossed watchers why Roswell was great, and why they should be watching it.
- Relate why you still love the show, or tell about the epic romances.
- Explain about the star-crossed love of Max and Liz.
- Post your favorite quotes, favorite moments or story lines.
- Or use your own ideas to tell how The world changed because a boy loved a girl.

- And be sure to include #StarCrossed #RememberRoswell in every tweet!
It was really cool how the fans and cast reacted most said how they loved Roswell and others wanted to check out our show.

Star Crossed lasted 13 episodes. Lets hope this NEW show never gets past 13!

The Roswell REBOOT Crashing faster then the original Aliens did in 1947!

Last edited by Roswell 10/2/00; 02-21-2018 at 01:39 PM
Old 02-22-2018, 03:49 AM
Elite Fan

WHAT?

They're USING THE SAME NAMES!!!!
Old 02-22-2018, 06:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Honestly, this annoys me so much. I'm sorry but couldn't they at least change their surnames? They keep blabbing about using the original source material, but this is not the original source material - so change the damn names.

I'm annoyed because these are our characters that have their own histories and fan followings and impact and now there won't be one 'Michael Guerin' anymore, there will be one plus this random reboot one and this just rubs me the wrong way.

Old 02-22-2018, 07:52 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lxury (View Post)
Honestly, this annoys me so much. I'm sorry but couldn't they at least change their surnames? They keep blabbing about using the original source material, but this is not the original source material - so change the damn names.

I'm annoyed because these are our characters that have their own histories and fan followings and impact and now there won't be one 'Michael Guerin' anymore, there will be one plus this random reboot one and this just rubs me the wrong way.
I think she's referring to the books since Alex is using Manes not Whitman. Everything seems to be same names from the book except Isabel which is now Isobel. That could also mean no Tess.

I think CW can afford all the older actors to comeback except for Katherine Heigl but I don't think they're interested in that since the original only lasted 3 Seasons. CW probably wants this to be a Vampire Diaries kind of player ratings-wise.
Old 02-22-2018, 08:30 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Actually there was a forth alien in the Roswell High books which everyone assumed was Tess or Nascado in the show Roswell back in 1999.

I agree most of the cast is not too excited about the NEW show. The only one who expressed interest was Shiri.

I can totally see Julie Plec and Carina Adly MacKenzie picking cast members who were in their past projects like the Vampire Diaries and The Originals.

We also know that Carina Adly MacKenzie was a huge Gosspic Girl fan so they could get cast members from that show as well.

Either way it's going to be a mess!
Old 02-23-2018, 04:21 AM
Elite Fan

Pfffff Carina said "it's not the same show, it's just the same setting", MY ASS!!!!

I'm so ****ing annoyed she's using the same names!!!
Old 02-23-2018, 11:13 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

I agree!

Real Roswell fans know the Truth! We are not that blind!

See it's comments like that that just rub me the wrong way when it comes to Carina! No respect for the fandom what so ever! She seems so unprofessional and I feel bad for anyone who has to work with her.

Just because you wear the Crash down uniform and post a photo by the real Roswell New Mexico sign on your social media pages does not make you a fan!

Was she even born when the original show was on the air?

They need to fess up and say that It's a NEW show! They are just using the same names and marketing it like it is a reboot! It's NOT a Reboot!

Clearly we see that in the casting character description for the NEW show. Non of the character they mention are close to our beloved Roswell characters!

Roswell fans are not that stupid or blind!

It's a NEW show!

Its a slap in the face by the WB aka CW to think we will follow blindly and watch this NEW show because it has the same name!

We remember all of those years we had to fight the WB to get 3 seasons of Roswell on air because they thought of Roswell as a filler show. They used Roswell as a filler while they were getting Smallville ready. The WB wanted to cancel Roswell after one season. Wow did we prove them wrong. We got season 2 and then had to fight again for season 3. Not only did we get season 3 but it was on different network UPN!

This was before the WB and UPN merged to form the CW in 2006!

So the true Roswell fans remember!

Now they are embracng this NEW show and are now into Roswell!

Sorry CW but there can only be ONE Roswell!

I am glad we can all vent our frustrations here and express the same views about this NEW show!

Rant and vent away!

Last edited by Roswell 10/2/00; 02-23-2018 at 11:19 AM
Old 02-24-2018, 05:24 AM
Elite Fan

I'm this close to tweet her a bunch of ugly words but we're more classy than she is!!!