No one will....
Old 02-01-2018, 06:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Once again, I'm glad we're all in agreement

Old 02-01-2018, 10:28 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Glad we agree! This New show sounds like a train wreck!

Plus the writing producer of the project is young and has not done a lot of projects and has not written Scifi. Sure she did the Originals but that is not SciFi that is forklore. If you want to write good scfi then study the topic!

The Roswell High books are nothing like this new plot! If anything our Roswell was clostest to the books!

I agree Lxury the writer or producer does rub me the wrong way like she dosen't care and is not a fan and just wants to make herself famous. Her instagram and twitter cleary looks like that to me. Just because you wear the Crashdown Uniform or shap a photo of the real Roswell sign in New Mexico does not make you a true fan!

The CW Oh the CW don't even get me started on them! They think if they call this a Reboot and keep the same name the Roswell fans will flock to it like humans coming into the light of the mother ship! Sorry WB I mean the CW us Roswell fans are not that stupid!

Personally it would be a slap in the face to all of use die hard fans of the original Roswell if this project happends!

Hopfully this project never happends and if it does you know us Real Original fans will be out in full force!

Don't mess with the original Roswell fans as TV Guide said back in the day after the 2000 Tabasco Champaign:

"We're not saying anything mean because Roswell fans scare us a little."
~ TV Guide.

Dame straight! 19 years later we still believe!
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 02-03-2018, 11:23 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswell 10/2/00 (View Post)
Plus the writing producer of the project is young and has not done a lot of projects and has not written Scifi. Sure she did the Originals but that is not SciFi that is forklore. If you want to write good scfi then study the topic!
In the way she answers people, she seems very childish.
Old 02-03-2018, 02:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

She seems really defensive to me at times, and I could be full of crap but that's just how I perceive her. I dunno.

I guess we'll see what happens

Old 02-03-2018, 03:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think in her view, she's creating something different yet it's the media who keeps harping that it's a reboot of Roswell... when there is no similarity to the actual original source material from either the show prospective or book prospective.

Given they didn't even attempt to get the rights to the original show. They are trying to get something different...

And as of the other day, they haven't titled the show. So it could be very different that Roswell.

I read a casting notice that said they are looking for a Mexican American actress for the "Liz" role. But that the latest reboots are trying color blind casting, so whoever wins, wins...regardless of black or white.

Magnum PI is more of a reimaging yet true reboot. They are keeping the same characters although making the Higgins character a female, and apparently looking for ethnic diverse cast. And bringing it current times. I still hate the mere idea of trying to recreate Magnum P.I.

This attempt at reviving Roswell looks very different from any of the source material.

The only thinking is that someone knows what they are doing is one of the producers that is connected to this one, was part of the original show. So he knows some of what was done on Roswell (Kevin Kelly Brown) but still it will be very different from the show we loved.

Time will tell... And we'll see how they cast. CW doesn't have many timeslots open!
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Old 02-04-2018, 03:53 AM
Elite Fan

This will be either "Roswell" or "Charmed" but not both.....if it could neither, that'd be a plus
Old 02-04-2018, 02:06 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

I agree! I think we all agree here this project should crash and burn!
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
Old 02-05-2018, 05:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah there are a ton of pilots...and not alot of space. I'm very curious to see which ones make it!

Old 02-06-2018, 10:53 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

OK so there have been new updates since we last spoke. It looks like this NEW show is about invade like the skins in Wipe Out.

Here is the IMDB page for they clams that Roswell is a "TV movie". This is the summary:

Quote:
A reboot of the teen drama, 'Roswell', which centered on the residents of Roswell, New Mexico where aliens lived undercover among humans.
Yeah right we all know this is a NEW show! Not our Roswell!

They also have down that Carina Adly MacKenzie is the writer.

Roswell (TV Movie) - IMDb

Then Shiri Appleby claimed in an article that she wanted to direct the Roswell Reboot aka New Show and have Jason in it. From what I know non of the original cast said yes sign me up for this!

https://www.usmagazine.com/entertain...ant-to-direct/

To which Carina Adly MacKenzie commented on her twitter page

https://mobile.twitter.com/cadlymack?p=s

Quote:
carina adly mackenzie
@cadlymack
8h
Yes please, @ShiriAppleby.
According to Carina Adly MacKenzie twitter page this is her first TV pilot!

Plus she sounds so immature in her responses and posts to people!

I tell you right now it will not be as magical as how David Nutter directed it or how Jason Katism wrote it! This reboot aka NEW show will not be a tribute to Melinda Metz beautiful work on the Roswell High series like the original Roswell was!

I hope this crashes and burns this new show!

Be ready to take our Roswell back on twitter! We need tage lines like #TheRealRoswell #Roswell99 Just something to get the CW attention to let them know we are not happy and still remember and believe all these years later.

We did this for Star-crossed and it was awesome! We did a #RememberRoswell Campaign that I thought of. Some of you made some amazing art and fan videos for it! Some of the Starcrossed cast even noticed the tweets and said how they loved Roswell or wanted to check out the buzz behind the show. it was awesome!

Roswell Oracle wrote about it on his site.

You can see the fan art as well in the link.

http://www.roswelloracle.com/campaigns.html

Quote:
What is the #RememberRoswell Campaign?
This campaign is to try to raise awareness about Roswell for old and new fans.

A new sci-fi show is starting February 17th on the CW network, called Star-Crossed. It is about aliens on Earth and a star-crossed alien/human love story. Sound familiar?
Well, it is somewhat similar to Roswell, but pretty different too. You can see a show overview here.

Not to mention that October 6, 2014 is the 15 year anniversary of when Roswell aired, and the year that Future Max said the world ended.

A Roswell fan, Roswell 10/2/00, came up with the great idea to promote Roswell using the new show Star-Crossed.

How can you help?
We are inviting all you Roswell fans out there to tweet about Roswell on February 17, 2014.

If we can get enough people tweeting about Roswell, we will bring a lot of positive attention to our beloved show, and hopefully get some new fans and bring some old fans out of hiding.

“Every Roswell fan should hash tag #StarCrossed #RememberRoswell in their tweet. So anyone watching star crossed a Roswell reference will pop up during the twitter feed.” – Roswell 10/2/00

Keep your tweets positive and focused on Roswell!
- Tell the Star-Crossed watchers why Roswell was great, and why they should be watching it.
- Relate why you still love the show, or tell about the epic romances.
- Explain about the star-crossed love of Max and Liz.
- Post your favorite quotes, favorite moments or story lines.
- Or use your own ideas to tell how The world changed because a boy loved a girl.

- And be sure to include #StarCrossed #RememberRoswell in every tweet!
So we can totally do something similar to let fans know we still remember the REAL Roswell!

I am not against Roswell but this is not a reboot its a NEW show! Personally it is a slap in the face to all the fans who fought for Roswell on the Wb and UPN! It don't look hopefully with Carina Adly MacKenzie running this mother ship!

Thank a lot WB aka CW! Nice try! The Real Roswell fans know! We are not blind!

Last edited by Roswell 10/2/00; 02-07-2018 at 10:37 AM
Old 02-15-2018, 05:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well they have announced who will direct the pilot. Julie Plec...

Source: Deadline.com

Quote:
Roswell: Julie Plec To Direct the CW’s Reboot Pilot
by Denise Petski

Prolific writer-producer Julie Plec (The Vampire Diaries, The Originals) has landed her first pilot directing gig, with the CW’s Roswell reboot, from writer Carina Adly MacKenzie, Amblin TV, Bender Brown Prods and Warner Bros. TV. Plec also will executive produce the pilot and will continue as executive producer via her My So-Called Company production banner if the pilot is ordered to series.

Written and executive produced by The Originals scribe MacKenzie, the new Roswell, which has an immigration twist, reflects the realities of its location in a state bordering Mexico. After reluctantly returning to her tourist-trap hometown of Roswell, New Mexico, the daughter of undocumented immigrants discovers a shocking truth about her teenage crush who is now a police officer: He’s an alien who has kept his unearthly abilities hidden his entire life. She protects his secret as the two reconnect and begin to investigate his origins, but when a violent attack and long-standing government cover-up point to a greater alien presence on Earth, the politics of fear and hatred threaten to expose him and destroy their deepening romance.

Kevin Kelly Brown and Lawrence Bender executive produce via their Bender Brown Prods, alongside Justin Falvey and Darryl Frank of Amblin TV.
Plec is creator of hit drama The Originals, which begins its final season April 20 on The CW. She recently directed an episode of the CW/WBTV drama series Riverdale and previously helmed multiple episodes of the long-running hit The CW/WBTV drama The Vampire Diaries, including the series finale, which she co-developed for television and served as showrunner.
Brown and Lawrence Bender executive produce via their Bender Brown Prods, alongside Justin Falvey and Darryl Frank of Amblin TV... Julie Pelec
Um... Sounds nothing like the Roswell we knew or loved. Or even the books. They are trying to bring real world politics into the show. And on some level, it might be interesting. I would have loved it if they had used it as a continuing adventure with the original characters. And maybe look at it on the second generation...

Not this, when it barely resembles the source material.

And now that CW has announced they are opening Sunday nights to programming next season. Leaves more slots... But still, they are going to renew more shows that barely register as it is...

But it means Roswell might have more of a leg to stand on. Pending the outcome and casting of the pilot...
Old 02-15-2018, 08:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

SO the main thing that's still grinding my gears is them linking this show to our Roswell and using it for promotion. It's very evident this has nothing to do with our show, and I don't know why CAM says it's her take on the source material? Using the same names is fine, but the similarities seem to end there. Promote your show that's fine, but don't call it Roswell and don't use pictures of our cast to promote it.

Old 02-16-2018, 06:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well the day we have dreaded has arrived. They have cast the lead female, the "Liz" character. And the winner of the casting is...

And looks like they took Liz's love of science, as well as the original name from the books. Still nothing like the book series.

Source: Deadline.com

Quote:
Roswell’: Jeanine Mason Cast As the Lead Of the CW Reboot Pilot
by Nellie Andreeva

EXCLUSIVE: Jeanine Mason (Grey’s Anatomy) has been tapped as the lead of the CW pilot Roswell, a reboot with an immigration twist of the cult sci-fi series.

Written by The Originals scribe Carina Adly MacKenzie and directed by Julie Plec, the reimagined Roswell, like the original, is based on the Roswell High book series by Melinda Metz. It hails from Amblin TV, Bender Brown Prods and Warner Bros. TV.
Reluctantly returning to her tourist-trap hometown of Roswell, New Mexico, Liz Ortecho (Mason), a jaded biomedical researcher and the daughter of undocumented immigrants, is haunted by a tragic incident. She discovers a shocking truth about her teenage crush who is now a police officer: He’s an alien who has kept his unearthly abilities hidden his entire life. She protects his secret as the two reconnect and begin to investigate his origins, but when a violent attack and long-standing government cover-up point to a greater alien presence on Earth, the politics of fear and hatred threaten to expose him and destroy their deepening romance.
MacKenzie and Plec executive produce alongside Kevin Kelly Brown and Lawrence Bender via their Bender Brown Prods, as well as Justin Falvey and Darryl Frank of Amblin TV.
Mason, whose parents are of Cuban descent, currently recurs as Dr. Sam Bello on ABC’s Grey’s Anatomy and was previously a series regular on the network’s Of Kings and Prophets. The actress, who started her career as a dancer, winning Season 5 of Fox’s So You Think You Can Dance, also has done guest spots on Criminal Minds, You’re the Worst and Major Crimes. In features, she is probably best known for her role in The Archer. Mason is repped by WME, 3 Arts Entertainment and Gang, Tyre, Ramer & Brown.
The actress currently is on Grey's Anatomy as one of the newer interns, the one who is connected up with Dr. Andrew Deluca on the show.

Definitely has talent. She also is a winner of So You Think You Can Dance US edition.

But still. I am not sure of this...

Here is the link to the news that included the picture of the actress...

‘Roswell’: Jeanine Mason Cast As Lead Of the CW Reboot Pilot | Deadline

Last edited by Jasper1975; 02-16-2018 at 06:57 PM
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top