Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2017, 10:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, no one. The original cast was pretty special. To think of a new Max, or Liz, or Maria and Michael.

Sorry, nope. If they aren't going to make it connected. I wouldn't be surprised if they are going by the books. It will be last name Liz uses in the book. I forget what it was, on television it was Parker.

And if I remember, the descriptions of the characters were different than on the show... But still...
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Old 10-16-2017, 04:15 PM
Passionate Fan

Sounds like the consensus is that it better be Roswell Next Generation.
Or a prequel set in the 60s could be cool.
Old 10-16-2017, 04:16 PM
Passionate Fan

Double post
Old 10-16-2017, 06:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah it seems like we are all in agreement that we want these characters to have NOTHING to do with our beloved characters, and storylines, places etc. Just really not liking them using old Roswell cast photos to promote whatever this is.

MEH!

Old 10-17-2017, 04:54 AM
Master Fan

Yeah, not digging the reboot idea.

I'm Aubrey
Old 10-17-2017, 07:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The show was so special, even with it's flaws, that it's hard to phathom even if the resulting show is completely different from our show. And the pitch didn't exact show a ringing endorsement for doing it in vein of the books. What made the show special was that it was exploration of teenagers, those who were outsiders and were special. Not just with unique powers. But they had something special about them. And yet they just blended in, and were ignored. Until Liz, Maria and Alex and Kyle found them and discovered what was unique about them and still cared about them anyways...

Oh, I definitely agree with idea of bringing in the relevant immigration twist into it. It could make it interesting. But why not tie it into the original show. And have Max and Liz's daughter question whether her father was "documented" because of how he came to Earth... Or have her fall for a undocumented boy.

But then networks are trying to find new angels. Just like NBC just announced a remake of Nancy Drew, but completely different from the show that once was... or the books.

I am just protective of Roswell because the show was so special. Due to the fact it was never a hit, and a cult classic. And the casting was so perfect. It captured a moment in time, before the world went haywire in terms of gritty shows, or world realities...

I want a continuing chapter because the original show was so unique.
Old 10-17-2017, 05:34 PM
Elite Fan

Liz's last name in the books is Ortez

I just see this story line as a political vehicle....I have no feelings either way regarding immigration but I don't want to deal with that stuff when I want to get away from "real life" especially in todays political climate....Roswell was such a wonderful way to escape our lives to a better world...yes it had drama ....but it was a place to escape to. If they bring in todays horrible divides socially...which are so sad and troubling.... what fun is that
Old 10-17-2017, 09:31 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

I totally agree Podmom It's one thing I loved about the original show it was really not that political at all!

Why does everything have to be political now a days! I am not here to get into a political debate. I hate talking politics I feel everyone gets so passionate and I hate how family and friendships can get so divided over different topics and issues or lose friends as a result. I feel everyone has the right to believe what they want to believe.

However I feel after a while politics can be so exhausting especially in todays society with social media and the internet. You need a break! Can't we just enjoy ourselves and escape for a few hours!

Roswell was just a great way to escape for a few hours! My college friends and I would have viewing parties back in the day! It was the best! I loved the love story and the characters. It was teenage alienation at it's best and I loved how Roswell taugh us to believe in something more to love our fellow man and to respect one another.

This new show sounds like it's soul bases is to make it political with a love story thrown in at the last minute.

I read the Roswell High books and this new plot for the new show sounds nothing like them. Not even close!

If I were Melinda Metz I would be so upset! Roswell was her baby! I wonder what the original cast thinks about this New show as well?
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 10-18-2017, 01:44 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
I just see this story line as a political vehicle....I have no feelings either way regarding immigration but I don't want to deal with that stuff when I want to get away from "real life" especially in todays political climate....Roswell was such a wonderful way to escape our lives to a better world...yes it had drama ....but it was a place to escape to. If they bring in todays horrible divides socially...which are so sad and troubling.... what fun is that
Yeah, I don't want to be watching shows with underlying political narratives either. Whether or not I agree with them, I think it's wrong to try and brainwash others through fiction. We have the news for that stuff, when I watch my stories I want to escape!

I don't want the show to be about Max and Liz's children either. Because, the characters from our show would have to be recast or be suspiciously absent which wouldn't be good.

{Kate}
Old 10-18-2017, 07:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't think bring in the idea of immigration has to be too overt to real life, they could still find ways to make it relevant and yet not push politics down anyone, as it won't be a Politics driven show as it's about aliens and powers.

It's not going to be about reality anyways... But if you're going to put in today's world, you and put in New Mexico, you probably have to have in the background.

But then I am not in favor of the show to begin with, if it's a whole new Roswell...

A continuing chapter wouldn't necessarily have to recast any of the originals if they could some to appear. It's fifteen years later, and I think most would be look like their older...to play parents. Of course the problem is not everyone might be available. But still... I rather a continuing chapter over a new show entirely...

But we'll see... I figure CW will have other priorities and Roswell might be on the lower end... but then it all depends on the finish show, and pilot!
Old 10-18-2017, 01:35 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by podmom (View Post)
Liz's last name in the books is Ortez

Podmom - My thoughts exactly. I'm with you 100%

And why am I remembering Liz's last name from the books as "Ortecho"? I'm going to have to pull out my books now and double check. Dang my old age brain! Senior moments suck by the way.

Last edited by Tigereyes; 10-18-2017 at 01:48 PM
Old 10-18-2017, 01:40 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswell 10/2/00 (View Post)

This new show sounds like it's soul bases is to make it political with a love story thrown in at the last minute.

I read the Roswell High books and this new plot for the new show sounds nothing like them. Not even close!

If I were Melinda Metz I would be so upset! Roswell was her baby! I wonder what the original cast thinks about this New show as well?
Roswell 10/02/00 - You said it!! The feeling I get on this situation is that the reboot is just looking to cash in on our show, and be PC at the same time, which is/was why the whole thing peeved me off so royally. And from what I saw elsewhere, Melinda Metz is being very diplomatic about the whole thing. But if that were me? I'd be kind of put out.
Old 10-19-2017, 09:50 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Totally agree with you Tigereyes This whole reboot is a disaster!

I agree if I was an author and my books were being rebooted into a new show after they were treated so well in the original show (Melinda Metz even write a tale of two parties in season 3) I would be so upset!
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
Old 10-21-2017, 06:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Seems like there's no news yet after this initial thing eh? Guess we will have to wait and see.

Old 10-21-2017, 10:14 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Maybe no news is good news!

Fingers crossed this crashes and burns out!
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top