Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2018, 05:21 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper1975 (View Post)
I don't remember the t-shirts. But I remember Brody making small talk with Maria, as he was trying to get close to her and making comment about the "change in administrations" or something like that which was right around the time of the infamous disputed election back in 2000. They got a little ahead of themselves. But yeah, the show tried to blend in against the woodwork. And didn't really look at the outstanding issues that could have been used...

Max, Isabel and Michael and even Tess were born on another planet. And yet they were being raised as US citizens. Of course they showed up as abandoned young kids. So authorities didn't think of anything different except putting them in foster care...

But it opens up questions if people really did want to look at it. If you weren't Jesse's uethical reporter friend, Eric.

Today, I don't think you could do a reboot of even the original cast and not use the immigration and "alien" connection to today's world. You would have to make comment to it in some fashion.

We are about TWO WEEKS from when they start to leak pickups, or their schedules if the news hasn't leaked by then.

They found a way to merge the shows for like a season, before the old faces started to dwindle away. The show was before it's time in the reboot craze. Today, they might come up with a new version that might get people talking... that would have been more exciting then the one they came up with.

Actually Willamson or was Belanti was in the news recently talking about the craze of reboots. And he commented he keeps being asked about a new version of Dawson's Creek. But I believe he said, he sorta likes how it existed in it's own time. It doesn't sound there is a mood to mess with it anytime soon...

They will try Buffy again before they will Dawson's Creek.
A Buffy reboot will not be on CW as the rights for the show is still with FOX I believe. CW only accepts shows from their mother studios which are WB and CBS.
Old 04-25-2018, 05:31 PM
New Fan

Even though I dislike the casting, I believe this one will make it to series. CW right now needs a new show that rates like TVD/The Flash when they were at their peak. This and Charmed are only ones from their pilots that can do that. CW have never been successful with new and original shows ratings-wise. All their hits have been from an existing brand either from a book or comics.
Old 04-25-2018, 05:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvineverettwa (View Post)
Even though I dislike the casting, I believe this one will make it to series. CW right now needs a new show that rates like TVD/The Flash when they were at their peak. This and Charmed are only ones from their pilots that can do that. CW have never been successful with new and original shows ratings-wise. All their hits have been from an existing brand either from a book or comics.
The problem with the CW is they don't have the real estate, even if they open up Sundays which they plan to do. Keep their low underperforming shows on Fridays. So yes, strong chances exist that they will pick up Roswell and Charmed because they fit their current model.

Crazy Ex-Girlfriend and Jane is back next season. If you think the spinoff of the Originals is a shoo-in. iZombie is known, but low ratings... and is a tossup right now.

They still don't have a lot of room. Unless they only order small orders. And take one of them for the fall. And one for mid-season.

Quote:
A Buffy reboot will not be on CW as the rights for the show is still with FOX I believe. CW only accepts shows from their mother studios which are WB and CBS.
I wasn't think it as if CW would do it. But I just think the chances of Buffy reboot would rank higher than Dawson's Creek. Because they can do Buffy as if Buffy now has a daughter who is grown up, and takes over Mom's role.

Dawson's Creek lives on in too many memories because of the stars. So I dont' think they could it again and have the same impact.

The fact they are doing it with Roswell is only because Roswell was not a hit. And is too much of a cult classic for the network to worry about fan backlash.

And if it came to it. Unlike Roswell. I think CW would spend the money to get the rights to Buffy to be able to do it.

I don't know which studio has the rights. I just know that by the end, it was running on UPN which birthed CW. So who knows at the end of the day, if CW wanted to do it... what they would do.

In the current reboot craze. Anything is possible.
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Old 04-25-2018, 06:00 PM
Part-Time Fan

I really just want this whole reboot phase to stop. It's so hard for me to find interesting shows to watch anymore when all that seems to make it to schedules are reboots. I'd rather watch a show with an original, possibly ambitious premise that I can dive into. It just sucks.

ETA: The original Roswell, like Buffy, is owned by Fox

Last edited by PrincipessaBella; 04-25-2018 at 06:05 PM
Old 04-25-2018, 06:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

At this point FOX, I do think might do it in a couple of years if they fail to come up with a big hit, and the reboot craze shows more and more traction. Get Sarah Michelle to come back as "Mom" Buffy guiding her young teenage daughter in this new world.

Buffy was more of a hit, so if FOX doesn't want to do it. I can see CW paying the money to get the rights to the original show.

But if the reboot craze continues. I could see FOX going for it. They don't have anything really to make a name of itself at the moment.

I understand why people hate the reboot craze. I have many questions. I am against the new attempt at Magnum PI. There was only one Thomas Magnum, and that is Tom Selleck. You can't bring it to a new decade, and try it again.

I am curious about Murphy Brown because they seem to want to get the old cast involved as much as they can, and use the new age of media to attempt.

Some show they can actually do a halfway decent job. Others fail because they go too out of left field.

The studio's are doing more and more of them because they are "known" titles, and they cut through the unknown and the untested. Say what you will that people want more imaginative shows, not reruns of old shows...

But when new idea's fail. Viewers don't show up, or even in streaming... Or are costing the studio's money. They figure how about going back to and old generation and trying it in a new way.

With Roswell, it was not a hit. It's a cult classic to us and we're hardcore about it but take the idea of using today's world of immigration, and the local of New Mexico, and casting ethnically diverse and think they might have something...

Same with Charmed. "Girl Power" will be all over it. While it has more of a backlash than Roswell did, still not enough to deter unless it tests badly or the don't think the pilot measures up.
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Old 04-26-2018, 03:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don’t think there will ever be a Buffy reboot. Fans would riot. I think it would be one of the biggest outcries of rage in fandom history.

I, too, think the Roswell one will make it to series. Is there still an audience for alien stuff like there was in the 90s? Not sure.
ICON
Old 04-27-2018, 06:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That's the question - there seems to be one for vampires still (?) and other creatures, so I guess there could be

Old 04-28-2018, 12:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Even the vampire craze is dying out, though.
ICON
Old 04-28-2018, 03:30 PM
Part-Time Fan

Apparently The CW is really happy with the way The Originals is performing, so the spinoff could very well make it to screen in the fall or midseason. So that whole genre may not be over yet. The more I think about it, the more I become unsure about what may actually get picked. The same shows keep getting thrown around as sure bets, but we all know that that isn't always a guarantee. We should start hearing more in the next week and officially in two.
Old 04-28-2018, 05:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's really hard to guess, I think. Although sometimes you can just tell which ones are doomed from the start (ie. Life Sentence).

The vampire craze (that seemed to happen again with Twliight) is over but the interest still seems to be there? Was there ever really an alien craze at all?

Old 04-28-2018, 06:19 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lxury (View Post)
It's really hard to guess, I think. Although sometimes you can just tell which ones are doomed from the start (ie. Life Sentence).

The vampire craze (that seemed to happen again with Twliight) is over but the interest still seems to be there? Was there ever really an alien craze at all?
You know, I'm not sure there ever really was one. At least not in the same way that vampires/werewolves/superheroes had. I think it was just typically a more general sci-fi thing.
Old 04-29-2018, 11:33 AM
Elite Fan

Life Sentence seems cute though (I don't watch it but ratings are awful).
Old 04-29-2018, 01:30 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

There are people who still want an Angel movie. hey want this because the show ended on such a cliffhanger.

Buffy you will never be able to remake Josh Wedon broke the mold on how you tell a story. It was more of a melo drama, mixed in with a soap opera, with comedy along the way.

The Vampire craze you stil could do because you can go into dark themes if done right like Buffy did.

I agree Buffy fans would riot if a remake was ever to happen. Don't mess with that Fandom!

Roswell you can't touch because our show was classic! My one friend said maybe they just let Plec and Candice film the pilot because they knew it was going to fail anyway and wanted to just appease them.

Oh and if I remember correctually Roswell was going to be on FOX before the WB aka CW picked it up. Jason Behr mentioned it in one interview back in 2000.

So maybe we have chance of them not picking it up. I think FOX might still own the rights on the DVD's?
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 04-29-2018, 02:20 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswell 10/2/00 (View Post)
There are people who still want an Angel movie. hey want this because the show ended on such a cliffhanger.

Buffy you will never be able to remake Josh Wedon broke the mold on how you tell a story. It was more of a melo drama, mixed in with a soap opera, with comedy along the way.

The Vampire craze you stil could do because you can go into dark themes if done right like Buffy did.

I agree Buffy fans would riot if a remake was ever to happen. Don't mess with that Fandom!

Roswell you can't touch because our show was classic! My one friend said maybe they just let Plec and Candice film the pilot because they knew it was going to fail anyway and wanted to just appease them.

Oh and if I remember correctually Roswell was going to be on FOX before the WB aka CW picked it up. Jason Behr mentioned it in one interview back in 2000.

So maybe we have chance of them not picking it up. I think FOX might still own the rights on the DVD's?
That is correct...Fox initially wanted the pilot but then passed on it and that's when The WB swooped in and picked it up with a full 22 episode commitment. And as far as I know, Fox does still own the rights to the show.
Old 04-29-2018, 05:24 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincipessaBella (View Post)
Apparently The CW is really happy with the way The Originals is performing, so the spinoff could very well make it to screen in the fall or midseason. So that whole genre may not be over yet. The more I think about it, the more I become unsure about what may actually get picked. The same shows keep getting thrown around as sure bets, but we all know that that isn't always a guarantee. We should start hearing more in the next week and officially in two.
I think that Original's spin-off will likely get a midseason slot if ordered. I don't even think they've written a script for it. It could be like Legends of Tomorrow/Black Lightning situation where only a presentation was shown to TV executives. Both of those shows landed midseason slots as well.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top