Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2018, 02:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

This version's Isabel's (Isobel) husband has been cast...

Source: Deadline.com

Quote:
Karan Oberoi (Notorious) has been tapped for a series regular role in the CW pilot Roswell, a reboot with an immigration twist of the cult sci-fi series. Written by The Originals scribe Carina Adly MacKenzie and directed by Julie Plec, the reimagined Roswell, like the original, is based on the Roswell High book series by Melinda Metz. It hails from Amblin TV, Bender Brown Prods and Warner Bros. TV. Reluctantly returning to her tourist-trap hometown of Roswell, New Mexico, Liz Ortecho (Mason), a jaded biomedical researcher and the daughter of undocumented immigrants, is haunted by a tragic incident. She discovers a shocking truth about her teenage crush who is now a police officer: He’s an alien who has kept his unearthly abilities hidden his entire life. Oberoi will play Noah Bracken, Isobel’s (tbd) sexy, charming and devoted husband who senses a secret in his wife that’s starting to tear them apart. In addition to Roswell, Oberoi has just booked a recurring role on the upcoming second season of Starz’s spy thriller Counterpart. Oberoi will play Osman, a young, fast-rising interrogator within the Office of Interchange. Oberoi is repped by The Kohner Agency and Stokes Management.
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Old 03-27-2018, 04:21 PM
Addicted Fan

Jasper1975 Thank you for posting that.

It sounds so dumb and boring. Far From reimagine and “different.” Blah

Last edited by natalie4237; 03-27-2018 at 04:33 PM
Old 03-27-2018, 04:22 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesophia (View Post)
It might not even go past the pilot
We just have to keep reminding ourselves of this
Old 03-27-2018, 07:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

CW has ordered a lot of new pilots, and especially now that they have reopened Sunday nights. Who knows what ends up. But Roswell, Originals Sequel and Charmed are going after similar markets, so it will be interesting...

Despite the backlash over Charmed. It has "girl power" potential assuming the pilot is decent.

But Roswell would be "soapy" alien-eque Romeo and Juliet type drama. So I really have no idea what will happen if the pilot is halfway decent.

Given that CW is likely the renew their whole superhero lineup although "Legends" is probably in the weakest position, but they have made casting that continues to next season assuming it's ordered.

Jane the Virgin will be back for probably a final season and it's critically acclaimed. Crazy Ex-girlfriend also despite the bad ratings in liked...

So there really isn't a lot of real estate.
Old 03-27-2018, 08:13 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper1975 (View Post)
CW has ordered a lot of new pilots, and especially now that they have reopened Sunday nights. Who knows what ends up. But Roswell, Originals Sequel and Charmed are going after similar markets, so it will be interesting...

Despite the backlash over Charmed. It has "girl power" potential assuming the pilot is decent.

But Roswell would be "soapy" alien-eque Romeo and Juliet type drama. So I really have no idea what will happen if the pilot is halfway decent.

Given that CW is likely the renew their whole superhero lineup although "Legends" is probably in the weakest position, but they have made casting that continues to next season assuming it's ordered.

Jane the Virgin will be back for probably a final season and it's critically acclaimed. Crazy Ex-girlfriend also despite the bad ratings in liked...

So there really isn't a lot of real estate.

We also can't forget that they are unlikely to get rid of Supernatural yet and will probably pick up the Wayward Sisters spin-off. So that's 2 more spots accounted for. It seems there are other pilots that would fit the image of the network more than the two reboots.
I'm still hopeful that it won't get picked up and even if it does, there's zero guarantee that people will even respond to it.
Old 03-28-2018, 09:40 AM
Passionate Fan

I can't believe that they have cast Alice from Hellcats as Maria.

Also, the guy playing Max looks like a hybrid of Jason Behr and Jared Padalecki.

{Kate}
Old 03-28-2018, 10:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincipessaBella (View Post)
We also can't forget that they are unlikely to get rid of Supernatural yet and will probably pick up the Wayward Sisters spin-off. So that's 2 more spots accounted for. It seems there are other pilots that would fit the image of the network more than the two reboots.
I'm still hopeful that it won't get picked up and even if it does, there's zero guarantee that people will even respond to it.
But CW doesn't really get rid of shows if people don't respond. Witness Jane the Virgin, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, iZombie etc...It's usually if they need real estate timeslot, and the show is struggling. Which is why the OUR original Roswell would have seen likely five to seven seasons LOL instead of only three if it existed today...because even if it was struggling by CW standards, still there are new measures where they look at things...

Although I love it, new show Life Sentence looks very iffy to continue, and still low ratings really mean nothing. Because they look at time shifting, and how it plays and international outlook.

But still, Roswell, Charmed and Originals Sequel are similar premises.

But because there is so little real estate, they will likely only order half seasons or have it premiere in mid season. Lower episode counts...

Unless they are truly impress by a show!

We will know in the mid May. But in April we should start to hear buzz about how the pilots are looking for the new season.
Old 03-28-2018, 04:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ugh this thing is still annoying me And I'm annoyed that they're calling it "Roswell", and annoyed by everyone that has anything to do with it. Ugh go away.

Old 03-28-2018, 06:03 PM
Addicted Fan

Old 03-28-2018, 08:41 PM
Master Fan

I cannot believe they are even considering rebooting Roswell. I absolutely hate that Julie Plec is apart of this too because she ruined a show I enjoyed at one point in time by turning it into fangirl central. I just don't get why they are rebooting Roswell. Surely there's enough teen sci-fi/fantasy novels out there that have yet to be adapted. Why rehash the past? The only way I'd accept another Roswell tv series is if it was done in the style of Gilmore Girls on Netflix. A complete revival with the original actors. This just seems like a cheap gimmick.
Old 03-28-2018, 08:49 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Preach it!

It's NOT Roswell its a NEW show!

Real Roswell fans are not blind!

The CW is crazy to think we will come into the light and be abducted into believing this is a actual reboot!

This NEW show is a disaster and we all know it! Especially with Plec at the helm! This will be the flavor of the week fan girl fantasy! No storyline and no plot what so ever!

I hate how she destroyed Vampire Diaries and I did watch some of the Originals before that went off the rails.

This is a train wreak and I am glad we all express the same feelings!

Fingers crossed some pilot blows the CW away and this project crashes and burns!

Or if they do pick it up (why why why that would happen) lets hope it fails faster then the original mother ship crash landed on to the Roswell desert in 1947.
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 03-28-2018, 09:05 PM
Master Fan

Oh don't even get me started on TVD. It had been built into a nice show during season 2, but I could sense it going off the rails in season 3 when Kevin Williamson left Plec to do her damage. From what I remember this Carina person was a fangirl "journalist" who wrote episodic recaps of tv series including TVD and got a job on The Originals because she knew Plec. She doesn't seem credible enough to helm a show, especially one that will be riding the coattails of the 1999 series' cult status. She's no Jason Katims, I'll say that much.

I sincerely hope this pilot does not get picked up. The problem is it seems like the CW hardly cancels any shows anymore and picks up more pilots each year. It's mind boggling because there have been shows in the past that have been cancelled due to "poor" ratings (Ex: Veronica Mars, The Secret Circle), yet the network would kill for those ratings now, but they keep renewing shows that no longer bring in a huge audience. If the reboot makes it to pilot, I wouldn't be surprised if the new series lasts for several seasons, not because of quality, but because the CW now renews almost anything for the hell of it.
Old 03-29-2018, 08:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrangerDanger (View Post)
I sincerely hope this pilot does not get picked up. The problem is it seems like the CW hardly cancels any shows anymore and picks up more pilots each year. It's mind boggling because there have been shows in the past that have been cancelled due to "poor" ratings (Ex: Veronica Mars, The Secret Circle), yet the network would kill for those ratings now, but they keep renewing shows that no longer bring in a huge audience. If the reboot makes it to pilot, I wouldn't be surprised if the new series lasts for several seasons, not because of quality, but because the CW now renews almost anything for the hell of it.
They like FOX seem to look at other metrics in seeing how the show is performing. Timeshifting and other metrics... But of course with pilots, it's harder to gage. Because a show can perform well in testing, and yet fail badly on the air. But still, if it get any critic love... it will stay around for awhile...

I have always said our Roswell would have done much better in this market because you had two lead couples with groupies. Fan loyalty. Romeo and Juliet type soulmate connection with Max and Liz. And even if it had low ratings, CW would likely keep it around for five to seven seasons LOL.

The only thing that might help the newest version of Roswell is that it going after the immigration debate currently in the world. Trying to reflect the real world... and New Mexico.

But then the pilot itself could be bad. And not reflect the world we're in, in the least.
Old 03-29-2018, 02:49 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper1975 (View Post)
They like FOX seem to look at other metrics in seeing how the show is performing. Timeshifting and other metrics... But of course with pilots, it's harder to gage. Because a show can perform well in testing, and yet fail badly on the air. But still, if it get any critic love... it will stay around for awhile...

I have always said our Roswell would have done much better in this market because you had two lead couples with groupies. Fan loyalty. Romeo and Juliet type soulmate connection with Max and Liz. And even if it had low ratings, CW would likely keep it around for five to seven seasons LOL.

The only thing that might help the newest version of Roswell is that it going after the immigration debate currently in the world. Trying to reflect the real world... and New Mexico.

But then the pilot itself could be bad. And not reflect the world we're in, in the least.
When I think of shows reflecting the real world, I definitely don't think of the CW. I feel like the way they are politicizing this version just legitimately doesn't fit in with the network. Whether it's Roswell or a different show. Most people who tune into the CW don't do so to watch real world issues play out, they want an escape. Throwing actual aliens into the mix doesn't change anything.
Old 03-29-2018, 05:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincipessaBella (View Post)
When I think of shows reflecting the real world, I definitely don't think of the CW. I feel like the way they are politicizing this version just legitimately doesn't fit in with the network. Whether it's Roswell or a different show. Most people who tune into the CW don't do so to watch real world issues play out, they want an escape. Throwing actual aliens into the mix doesn't change anything.
I don't mind watching shows that reflect today's society. It at least a change of pace from another superhero show they keep adding. But I just don't think reimaging Roswell so far away from the source material is not the way to go. So there is a market for Roswell. But I just don't think alienating loyal fans of the first show is not the way to do it.

But of course there is a whole generation who only know the show thru the DVDs or streaming. They weren't around during the run, so they might take the show easier than those who lived through those hard faught three years, and lived through the pain and sometimes joy of our Max, Liz, Maria and Michael, Isabel, Kyle and Alex.

So I have no idea how the show will do, if it actually makes it to air.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread