Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2018, 11:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

Okay, so not the original actors then.
Emily
Old 06-26-2018, 05:04 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barstool Prophet (View Post)
Okay, so not the original actors then.
Nope, all new actors
Old 06-27-2018, 12:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

Hmm, I wonder if it will be good..
Emily
Old 06-27-2018, 04:45 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

I don't think it will be.
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 06-28-2018, 11:11 AM
Elite Fan

I think we can all agree on that
Old 06-28-2018, 10:03 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

At least we are honest!
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
Old 06-29-2018, 06:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincipessaBella (View Post)
In theory, yes, the same characters (with the names from the books...ie, Liz Ortecho, Alex Manes). But they're adults this time, 28 to be exact. Isabel is Isobel and married, Sheriff Valenti is a woman and Kyle's mom (his dad will be dead in this version) and Liz's sister Rosa exists. The central couple is still Max and Liz, but right now no Michael and Maria as Michael is with Alex.

So the characters are taken straight from the books to a degree. Even as their personalities are the same, they're also very different and the dynamics between the characters are different. This new version legally has no rights to the original show and therefore any characters and storylines created specifically for the original version will never exist in this one. Basically it seems the only similarity is the shooting at the Crashdown and Max saving Liz's life. Oh and the fact that Max still drives a Jeep.
I don't see how it can still have the same impact without the kids being in high school. That is what made it all the more dangerous for the gang in that they were so young, and facing true danger. Death inducing drama at anytime. All because the aliens wanted to know more about their heritage, and Liz, Maria, Alex and later Kyle get caught up in or fall in love and are affected by it...

To have a bunch of 28 years facing danger is the not the same. Heck that is what made Pretty Little Liars such a hit because it was a horror show inflicted on a bunch of kids, who don't know better most of the time not to make questionable choices...

Also Maria came into it because of her love and friendship with Liz. And eventually her love for Michael. If there is no hope for Maria and Michael unless Michael is bi... then, what kind of role can Maria have in it.

They would have been better off doing a continuing adventure with ties to the original show. With the newer generation because if Max and Liz and Maria and Michael had kids, they would be legitimately getting to the age their parents were when the hornet's nest opened up.

Oh well. We'll see. They are basically just using the concept of the books, some names. But who knows, it might work. Especially in this enviornment...

But it will be very different from the other CW shows. Charmed has a better chance I think...
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Old 06-29-2018, 08:50 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Yes the fact that they are not in high school or college changes everything. It wouldn't be the same teenage alienation like we had.

Yes I feel Charmed has a better chance as well.

I am really liking the 100. I just got into it on netflix. Just started season 1. They are on season 5 on the CW so I am not sure how much longer the show will go on for.

It will be interesting to see what shows do well and what ones crash and burn.
Old 06-30-2018, 07:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Some shows next season on the CW have final seasons tagged on them, and therefore there will be automatically more spaces open for new shows, or shows that need a second chance from the 2018-2019 season. That gives regardless of Roswell performance coming in during mid season room to potentially make it to season 2. Especially since it will be different from the superhero block, but in the category of special powers with Charmed. And CW will need to populate the empty timeslots.

Charmed will have the head start. But who knows... Anything can happen.
Old 07-01-2018, 01:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

Maybe it will be for those who never watched the original.
Emily
Old 07-02-2018, 12:00 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper1975 (View Post)
Some shows next season on the CW have final seasons tagged on them, and therefore there will be automatically more spaces open for new shows, or shows that need a second chance from the 2018-2019 season. That gives regardless of Roswell performance coming in during mid season room to potentially make it to season 2. Especially since it will be different from the superhero block, but in the category of special powers with Charmed. And CW will need to populate the empty timeslots.

Charmed will have the head start. But who knows... Anything can happen.
Because of certain shows having final seasons next year, I feel like there's a very fair chance most, if not all, of the new shows will have a possibility of surviving regardless of ratings. Though that does also depend on how strong the pilots are for the 2019-2020 season as well. I could see some of these new shows maybe getting a season 2, but not necessarily beyond.

It's also very interesting and strange to me that they're only sending Legacies to Comic Con and besides their usual superhero slate, Supernatural, and Riverdale, no other new shows will be attending. I thought for sure they'd want to try and at least sell Charmed and Roswell, NM. Clearly Legacies has come forward as their baby after all.

Last edited by PrincipessaBella; 07-02-2018 at 12:24 PM
Old 07-02-2018, 12:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincipessaBella (View Post)
Because of certain shows having final seasons next year, I feel like there's a very fair chance most, if not all, of the new shows will have a possibility of surviving regardless of ratings. Though that does also depend on how strong the pilots are for the 2019-2020 season as well. I could see some of these new shows maybe getting a season 2, but not necessarily beyond.

It's also very interesting and strange to me that they're only sending Legacies to Comic Con and besides their usual superhero slate, Supernatural, and Riverdale, no other new shows will be attending. I thought for sure they'd want to try and at least sell Charmed and Roswell, NM. Clearly Legacies has come forward as their baby after all.
Charmed might be a surprise. But they ususally start promoting unless it's coming soon. The fact Roswell NM might air anytime next mid season, January thru April or beyond. They wouldn't be planning on it yet. The is a festival in January for mid season show, so there will be some there...

And they probably don't want to take too many new unproven to Comic Con yet. Legacies has a spinoff track record to try to keep momentum...
Old 07-02-2018, 01:41 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper1975 (View Post)
Charmed might be a surprise. But they ususally start promoting unless it's coming soon. The fact Roswell NM might air anytime next mid season, January thru April or beyond. They wouldn't be planning on it yet. The is a festival in January for mid season show, so there will be some there...

And they probably don't want to take too many new unproven to Comic Con yet. Legacies has a spinoff track record to try to keep momentum...
CBS just announced their SDCC lineup and Charmed will be there after all. Obviously it's up to the studio on what shows get sent or not and not simply the network in which said show airs.
But with RNM, whether a show is midseason or not, that's where networks would do their best promotion, especially for the genre shows and genre shows on a network like the CW. There's never a guarantee that movies and shows at SDCC do well no matter what, but it's where you want to be to generate any buzz. Hell, even a non genre show like Crazy Ex-GF has a panel this year. I guess it's was just surprising to me is all, since of all the pilots, Charmed, RNM, and Legacies have gotten all the buzz due to pedigree and name alone.

But unofficially, Aisha Tyler set up a private event during Comic Con for the show and 75 people with Carina MacKenzie, Jeanine Mason, and Nathan Parsons. So I'll be curious to see what comes out of that, if any information.

Last edited by PrincipessaBella; 07-02-2018 at 02:03 PM
Old 07-02-2018, 01:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I just saw the news about Charmed. Makes sense, and maybe there will be still more shows going before everything is finalized. But it doesn't surprise me that a newcomer that doesn't even premiere until next year is not going that extra push.

Of course Roswell NM was always going to need to push hard by being slotted in mid season, but with so many shows ending next season. Maybe it doesn't matter.

Legacies has pedigree going in. Roswell might have gotten buzz, but still it might not be on the air for months. Anything gained now might be lost by then...
Old 07-02-2018, 04:22 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Starcrossed got such a push when it aired to try to create a buzz. The amount of promos were crazy. However it never took off.

I think Charm might be a great fit. The original was whitty, dark and fun. So the remake might work.

It would be great or do a reboot of Everwood. It got cancelled way too soon!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread