Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2018, 11:14 AM
Elite Fan

It's back in 1999 that the show should have had great success, now I can't say that I care, it won't change the past and how it was treated.
Old 05-27-2018, 11:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree with you guys, I have to see a relationship develop and do more of a slow build, typically. Actually, Michael and Maria are really my only exception to that, but it was so in line with their characters, and the chemistry was so off the charts that it just worked. Plus, even they waited until the end of season 2 to have sex.

Not ALL CW shows have abandoned a slow burn. Case in point . . . my icon, if you know who’s in my icon.

I wonder if they will make Michael the bi character to open up the Michael/Maria possibility. That sounds dicey, though. And at this point, I think I might actually prefer them to not put Michael and Maria together, because then the original remains untouched in that way, at least.
ICON
Old 05-27-2018, 07:59 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)
I agree with you guys, I have to see a relationship develop and do more of a slow build, typically. Actually, Michael and Maria are really my only exception to that, but it was so in line with their characters, and the chemistry was so off the charts that it just worked. Plus, even they waited until the end of season 2 to have sex.

Not ALL CW shows have abandoned a slow burn. Case in point . . . my icon, if you know who’s in my icon.

I wonder if they will make Michael the bi character to open up the Michael/Maria possibility. That sounds dicey, though. And at this point, I think I might actually prefer them to not put Michael and Maria together, because then the original remains untouched in that way, at least.
I really hope they don't go down that road. Since in this version, Alex already is living a fairly rough adult life, it would cheapen the whole idea of even making him and Michael a thing if it turns out Michael is bi and also hooking up with Maria down the line. What would even be the point then? They've made such a huge deal about the LGBT characters and obviously, being bi would fall under that umbrella; but don't try to do Michael/Alex AND Michael/Maria...that would be polarizing to many fans. I really hope the writers aren't that stupid, but then again, I wouldn't be surprised considering who the ringleader is. Though I do have to wonder if maybe making Michael or Alex bi is so that the characters don't out themselves before they're comfortable doing so.

Also, I see it floating around that Roswell, NM may be tentatively premiering Monday, April 29, 2019. Which seems rather late, but it came from WB's press site and may not be set in stone. Other shows listed for other networks seem to have very late dates as well, but we'll know soon enough.

Last edited by PrincipessaBella; 05-27-2018 at 08:26 PM
Old 05-28-2018, 06:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincipessaBella (View Post)
I really hope they don't go down that road. Since in this version, Alex already is living a fairly rough adult life, it would cheapen the whole idea of even making him and Michael a thing if it turns out Michael is bi and also hooking up with Maria down the line. What would even be the point then? They've made such a huge deal about the LGBT characters and obviously, being bi would fall under that umbrella; but don't try to do Michael/Alex AND Michael/Maria...that would be polarizing to many fans. I really hope the writers aren't that stupid, but then again, I wouldn't be surprised considering who the ringleader is. Though I do have to wonder if maybe making Michael or Alex bi is so that the characters don't out themselves before they're comfortable doing so.

Also, I see it floating around that Roswell, NM may be tentatively premiering Monday, April 29, 2019. Which seems rather late, but it came from WB's press site and may not be set in stone. Other shows listed for other networks seem to have very late dates as well, but we'll know soon enough.
Any airdates are way too premature. Heck the fall shows are not final at this point in terms of their dates. Except most of them usually start in October... In terms of airdates. It looks like Roswell NM is getting at least 13 episodes. I can't see it premiring that late in the season. It would turn into a summer show, and really show that CW has no confidence in it.

Whether they eventually make Michael bi or not. And they would only do that because they lack choices for Maria except to bring in someone completely new...

Or do what I fear use Maria to mess with Max and Liz. Which we were very fortunate they never tried it in the original version. They kept the two fandoms separate when they could have messed with each other quite easily...

If Maria has no one to go with... it leaves Max as a option. The question is in this version, how close are Liz and Maria. Are they still number one BFF's. Or has Liz being away loosened their friendships, which makes Maria messing with Max easier.

Really depends on how much the show actually likes Alex. As we know in the our version, Alex was not a real big presence. So it is whether they want to put the chips on Alex and Michael.

It's going to be interesting to see how people who know the original version, how they take the fact Michael and Maria have no chance unless they make Michael bi...
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Old 05-28-2018, 11:04 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper1975 (View Post)
Any airdates are way too premature. Heck the fall shows are not final at this point in terms of their dates. Except most of them usually start in October... In terms of airdates. It looks like Roswell NM is getting at least 13 episodes. I can't see it premiring that late in the season. It would turn into a summer show, and really show that CW has no confidence in it.

Whether they eventually make Michael bi or not. And they would only do that because they lack choices for Maria except to bring in someone completely new...

Or do what I fear use Maria to mess with Max and Liz. Which we were very fortunate they never tried it in the original version. They kept the two fandoms separate when they could have messed with each other quite easily...

If Maria has no one to go with... it leaves Max as a option. The question is in this version, how close are Liz and Maria. Are they still number one BFF's. Or has Liz being away loosened their friendships, which makes Maria messing with Max easier.

Really depends on how much the show actually likes Alex. As we know in the our version, Alex was not a real big presence. So it is whether they want to put the chips on Alex and Michael.

It's going to be interesting to see how people who know the original version, how they take the fact Michael and Maria have no chance unless they make Michael bi...
I definitely agree with the date, it's very late and would bring it into summer, so I don't know if I can see it being correct. Unless the network wants to try something new with the next tv season and it hasn't been announced yet (which I still don't see being the case). Since it came from the press site, it could just be them plugging in possible ballpark dates until the official ones are determined. But it does seem 13 episodes is correct.

As for Maria...at least in the pilot, Liz and Maria are still friends but they don't seem to be best friends. Liz's time away did seem to loosen their friendship some and Liz doesn't even seem to know basic details of Maria's life including what she does for a living. Which best friends would know those details, even if they're living away from each other. I'm not sure that they would try to make her one of the hurdles in the Max/Liz relationship, but they could want that drama along with his involvement in Rosa's death. Though there's still always the option of Maria/Kyle or a brand new character they bring in.

It seems like Alex may be a bigger presence this time, especially with his father seeming to be a possible villain. So it would truly be sad to see his character get beaten down even more than he seems to be in this iteration, by not only not being able to openly be with the man he loves, but for that man to also maybe leave him to date one of his female friends.
Old 05-31-2018, 08:36 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

No premiere dates yet.

This New show will be different! Sad to know that the characters and storylines we grew to love will be differnt now.

It will not be the Roswell we all knew and loved.

At least our show is classic and always will be.

Our Roswell was ahead of it's time and that is why we still love it and still believe!

I can't even talk about this reboot sometimes like I am sure we all are feeling!

I am glad we all have this thread to vent and express our views about this reboot!

Our Roswell will always be classic and original nothing will beat that! 18 years later we still believe!
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!

Last edited by Roswell 10/2/00; 06-01-2018 at 09:14 PM
Old 06-01-2018, 06:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswell 10/2/00 (View Post)
No premiere dates yet.

This New show will be different! Sad to know that the characters and storylines we grew to love will be differnt now.

It will not be the Roswell we all knew and loved.

At least our show is classic and always will be.

Our Roswell was ahead of it's time and that is why we still love it and still believe!

I can't even talk about this reboot sometimes like I am sure we all are feeling!

I am glad we all have this thread to vent and express our views about this reboot!

Our Roswell will always be classic and original nothing will beat that! 18 years later we still believe!
It's a new version. What stays is only maybe a few names. But everything else will be very different, so our original version... the one we love will have it's place. Nothing they can do, can erase it.

At least they aren't trying to do a carbon copy.

I wish they were doing a continuing adventure instead. But at least we will have our memories.

Last edited by Roswell 10/2/00; 06-01-2018 at 09:14 PM
Old 06-03-2018, 11:48 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

We have a Jason sighting!

From Jason's board thanks to Nira18

Aw Jason looks great! Looks like he was at a party that Candice Mack who is writing the reboot of Roswell New Mexico threw along with Julie Plec and Kevin Williams. It looks like it was for Julie Plec Birthday.

https://www.instagram.com/cadlymack/

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bjkk4csF...n-by=cadlymack
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
Old 06-03-2018, 01:29 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswell 10/2/00 (View Post)
We have a Jason sighting!

From Jason's board thanks to Nira18

Aw Jason looks great! Looks like he was at a party that Candice Mack who is writing the reboot of Roswell New Mexico threw along with Julie Plec and Kevin Williams. It looks like it was for Julie Plec Birthday.

https://www.instagram.com/cadlymack/

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bjkk4csF...n-by=cadlymack
He ages like a fine wine! It was a party for Julie Plec's birthday, so I'm wondering if he was invited because of his involvement on DC back when she may have been a writer/assistant? That seems like it would be the only logical reason. I can't remember who posted it, but I saw a video on Instagram that had him and KaDee in the background. I really hope more pics show up of them at the party.

I guess I do like the fact that Carina appreciates our beloved version and the people involved and thankfully is making sure everyone knows they're separate. But I also don't like the idea of her having characters in mind for all the OG's if/when the story gets to that point. I prefer keeping them completely separate and that means keeping the OG's off her version. I can handle Shiri directing, but appearances would strike me more as a ratings grab than anything else.

Last edited by PrincipessaBella; 06-03-2018 at 05:12 PM
Old 06-04-2018, 05:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree, if they ever did appear in the show I THINK I would rather they be completely new characters.

I hope we get more pics from this party!

Old 06-13-2018, 07:11 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincipessaBella (View Post)
He ages like a fine wine!
I agree Jason is like a fine wine! He looks insane!

Quote:
It was a party for Julie Plec's birthday, so I'm wondering if he was invited because of his involvement on DC back when she may have been a writer/assistant? That seems like it would be the only logical reason. I can't remember who posted it, but I saw a video on Instagram that had him and KaDee in the background. I really hope more pics show up of them at the party.
Kevin William was there at the party as well and Jason did work with Kevin on Dawson's Creek back in the day when Jason played Chris Wolfe on the show.

Quote:
I guess I do like the fact that Carina appreciates our beloved version and the people involved and thankfully is making sure everyone knows they're separate. But I also don't like the idea of her having characters in mind for all the OG's if/when the story gets to that point. I prefer keeping them completely separate and that means keeping the OG's off her version. I can handle Shiri directing, but appearances would strike me more as a ratings grab than anything else.
I agree I would hate to see the original cast in the new show solely for a ratings booster and a way to get people to turn in. Personally if they do do it I feel it would be such a cheap trick to get old fans to watch.

Nothing against them for showing their love and appreciation for the old cast, it's just I would want the the original Roswell cast to be in a series that would value their talent and respect what they brought to Roswell.
Old 06-14-2018, 10:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I love Roswell, our version. But it's too much of a cult classic to think they would cast any of the original show for a loyalty bump from fans. We were hardcore, but still the show struggled and eventually was discarded because the ratings weren't there...

I think the show should rise or go, at least initially on the backs of the new cast before they think of bringing anyone from the original cast...

I think it would be hard to bring in any of the original cast in new roles and not think about how they did their original roles.

As they can't tie the two shows together because they don't have the rights.

Otherwise they should have tried to get the rights, paid the money and done a continuation of the adventures of our gang.
Old 06-15-2018, 07:42 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

From what I gather most of the original cast is not on board with the reboot.

Our Roswell classic you can't beat the original!
Old 06-16-2018, 08:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Despite it's flaws, there is something magical there. The cast made it work. You couldn't still support Max and Liz after some of those obstacles if Jason and Shiri had been amazing together. And the rest. They made it work, and the chemistry together. You can't repeat it with new actors in those characters...

And making it so different from the original.
Old 06-19-2018, 03:32 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Our Roswell classic you can't beat the original!
Well, to be fair, the original was the Roswell High novels.

This really doesn't seem to have much resemblance to either, but hey, that's fine. Our show wasn't that close to the novels, and we liked it.

I'm unlikely to check out the new show - I just can't do the CW stuff anymore. Too many of the shows have everybody (eventually) dating everybody and break-up-get-back-together-break-up-again-ness until I can't even support the 'ship anymore. I liked it back when the original show was on, but tastes change. And the characters all being adults (rather than teens) would make it even more annoying if it went that route.

But I'm not going to hate on this one for being different than the original show when I didn't hate on the show for being different than the novels - it'd be hypocritical.

Quote:
I love Roswell, our version. But it's too much of a cult classic to think they would cast any of the original show for a loyalty bump from fans. We were hardcore, but still the show struggled and eventually was discarded because the ratings weren't there...

I think the show should rise or go, at least initially on the backs of the new cast before they think of bringing anyone from the original cast...
I agree. Let the show stand on it's own two feet. Maybe later they could have one of our casts guest star (maybe as a alien!) for a shoutout and fun for any old fans, but it needs to be about this new story if it's going to succeed. It's not tied to the old, so they need to fully commit to the new.

Though I will say if we actually had teens again, it'd be easier to use the old cast members in a way. Any one of them could totally be a teacher or mentor or aunt/uncle or whatnot. Or villain, I guess - actors often like playing villains.

EDIT: Isobel's relationship with her husband could be interesting. I will be kinda sad if it ends up M/L and M/M both, though, because I/A was my favorite on our show, and they'll be the only ones left out. But that's a no-go here, of course.

Last edited by Liriel; 06-21-2018 at 08:26 AM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread