Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2018, 05:37 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

We'll see....

Quote:
The Roswell, New Mexico Stars Promise the Reboot Will Feature "Throwbacks" to the Original Series

However, there will be several nods to the iconic original series, which ran from 1999 to 2002. "It definitely has '90s vibes a little bit. So I feel like there are throwback elements that I think fans of the original will love," promises Mason, who notes that '90s music will play a major role in the series.

The reboot will also feature several recognizable locales and costumes, including the Crashdown Café and Liz's iconic waitress uniform. "It's fun. It's definitely got a little wink at the original," she adds.
How The CW Roswell Reboot Compares to the Original - Today's News: Our Take | TV Guide

★ Celebrating 250,000 posts at the Shiri Board★
azure angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 08:53 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswell 10/2/00 (View Post)
I really enjoyed Friday Night Lights. I know people who watched Friday Night Lights and weren't even football fans they just loved the characters. I also know that people have been missing One Treee Hill So I think All American will do well.

Aw I hate how they are making this new Roswell all political. I mean why can't they just leave it alone and stick with Alien factor like Alf did.

Why does everything now a days have to be so political. Sometimes I want to escape when watching a show and enjoy it with out everything being political.

The Charm fandom was always very passionate so I can see why they are not happy with the reboot. I have yet to watch the trailer.

All I know is when this new Roswell comes out with trailers they will never compaire to the magical of the fire promos. The music, the lighting, the chemestry, the mystery! Those were amazing!
We'll see about the actual series. But I have heard the actual pilot doesn't have a lot on the "whole immigration" twist the said would be apart of the show when it was ordered. So it might not dwell as much in real life...

Time will tell how the actual show will deal with it. But depending on how it's down, I don't mind lending some reality to the out of this world premis of the show. But it all depends on how it's down.

I liked the early seasons of Charmed. But hated how it became eventually over the top after Prue died. So I have a open mind. But still I am not sure whether I'll watch it.

I know I am totally against the Magnum PI reboot, so I'll see about Charmed when it comes time to decide.

About those "throwbacks" to the original series. From the little I have seen so far. There is nothing much the same. Heck it doesn't even appear they went to West Roswell High... But once more footage comes out, we'll see...
Jasper1975 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 09:56 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper1975 (View Post)
We'll see about the actual series. But I have heard the actual pilot doesn't have a lot on the "whole immigration" twist the said would be apart of the show when it was ordered. So it might not dwell as much in real life...

Time will tell how the actual show will deal with it. But depending on how it's down, I don't mind lending some reality to the out of this world premis of the show. But it all depends on how it's down.

I liked the early seasons of Charmed. But hated how it became eventually over the top after Prue died. So I have a open mind. But still I am not sure whether I'll watch it.

I know I am totally against the Magnum PI reboot, so I'll see about Charmed when it comes time to decide.

About those "throwbacks" to the original series. From the little I have seen so far. There is nothing much the same. Heck it doesn't even appear they went to West Roswell High... But once more footage comes out, we'll see...
The immigration angle was definitely part of the pilot...hell that's Liz's first tirade when you meet her in the script. They allude to it a lot, it's that and Rosa's death that fuel some of the action. So will it be a big part of the story as the season goes on, who knows, but it's definitely there.

As for the throwbacks, there was a little scene involving a Tabasco bottle and other than Carina's obsession with the 90s and wanting to put a 90s feel and 90s music in the show even though they don't belong...it remains to be seen if there will be other callbacks to our show.

Last edited by PrincipessaBella; 05-18-2018 at 03:41 PM
PrincipessaBella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 10:00 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis (View Post)

All American looks good! As people are saying it's like Fright Night Lights + OTH/OC. And, I'm OK with that. BRING IT ON. I'm excited.
It had that feeling maybe that's why I liked the trailer. 3 really good shows.
I'd do it all again and won't think twice, won't think twice."
lovesophia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 02:46 PM
New Fan

Someone who were given screeners liked the Charmed pilot. She said she was prepared to hate it due to the trailer but she ended up liking it instead. She was a fan of the original show by the way.

I'm wondering if they only handed out screeners for the Fall shows.
arvineverettwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 03:44 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvineverettwa (View Post)
Someone who were given screeners liked the Charmed pilot. She said she was prepared to hate it due to the trailer but she ended up liking it instead. She was a fan of the original show by the way.

I'm wondering if they only handed out screeners for the Fall shows.
I heard that screeners for all shows were sent out, but I obviously don't know how accurate that is. I'm on the lookout to see if they get leaked online anywhere, because I'm a glutton for punishment and if I already read the script, might as well go all the way.
Old 05-18-2018, 03:56 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincipessaBella (View Post)
I heard that screeners for all shows were sent out, but I obviously don't know how accurate that is. I'm on the lookout to see if they get leaked online anywhere, because I'm a glutton for punishment and if I already read the script, might as well go all the way.
I think ABC sent screeners for their midseason shows. I saw a guy liking the Whiskey Cavalier pilot and was wondering why ABC kept it for Midseason. He hated A million Little Things though. He said he also liked The Rookie. He even said that it wasn't a light hearted show.

Last edited by arvineverettwa; 05-18-2018 at 04:13 PM
arvineverettwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 04:21 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvineverettwa (View Post)
I think ABC sent screeners for their midseason shows. I saw a guy liking the Whiskey Cavalier pilot and was wondering why ABC kept it for Midseason. He hated A million Little Things though. He said he also liked The Rookie. He even said that it wasn't a light hearted show.
It's always so interesting to hear people's reactions to the actual pilots vs. the script. Since it's a completely different feel. I almost wish pilots were reviewed based on their episode, but obviously that's not really how it works.
Old 05-18-2018, 08:42 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah. Scripts always give a different feel than then the finished product. Hell, even knowing spoilers for established shows. It's always important to wait to see how it shows up on screen with all the context in the episode.

So Roswell New Mexico might be halfway decent. I know I have gotten bad feelings about trailers, and the show actually ends up being pretty good.

You never know. Of course only the pilots are available. Things can go downhill when they have to produce more episodes. You can make art in a one hour pilot, and it all fizzles out from there.
Jasper1975 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 11:11 AM
Elite Fan

Will any of you try to watch the pilot out of curiosity?
Old 05-19-2018, 04:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Roswell
The 100

I'm really not sure - I often watch pilots for shows and then drop off, and I said I wanted nothing to do with this. But I'll see if my curiosity wins

Lxury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 04:30 AM
Elite Fan

Haha ok, I think I won't even try but I'll check out the trailers & people comments
Old 05-20-2018, 04:34 PM
New Fan

I feel like I already betrayed myself by reading the script. I'll definitely check out the trailer(s) when they're released, but I'm not really sure if I'll be able to actually sit and watch it. The trailer would have to blow me away to really make my curiosity win out.

I did see on Carina's twitter Q&A the other day that she's making sure people know that her show is a 100% completely different thing and that she didn't set out to do a remake since the original one is still available to watch and is great. I honestly did appreciate seeing that and it eased my mind juuuuuust slightly, and I mean slightly.

Last edited by PrincipessaBella; 05-20-2018 at 04:53 PM
Old 05-20-2018, 06:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Roswell
The 100

It's nice that she mentioned that - I guess I got initially annoyed when they were using our Roswell's photos to promote this new show, as if they were connected in some way.

Lxury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 08:25 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lxury (View Post)
It's nice that she mentioned that - I guess I got initially annoyed when they were using our Roswell's photos to promote this new show, as if they were connected in some way.
That coupled with the fact that all media was calling it a reboot even though it really wasn't, it bothered me so much. I'm glad they have their own key art now and officially a different title. Maybe now the media will treat it like its own entity and leave our show alone.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top