Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2018, 01:26 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

And that header looks like some cowboy nonsense, not aliens.

Can we keep it to aliens and not undocumented peeps? I don't want politics...
Old 05-17-2018, 01:32 PM
Elite Fan

I wish they would have released the trailer, just to have some laughs

The Charmed one is awful, bad acting, awful casting.....
Old 05-17-2018, 01:38 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Charmed is a mess. I'm internally screaming. What did you do to my first fandom?!?!

Hopefully we get a trailer for this one. Out of curiosity.
Old 05-17-2018, 01:43 PM
Part-Time Fan

I'm actually surprised by all the backlash the Charmed trailer is getting. It's being universally panned even by those who are really into the reboot. Not that I disagree...it's so bad, so very bad. I wasn't ever planning to watch the show, but that trailer solidified it. Yikes.
Old 05-17-2018, 01:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Trailers are just that trailers. We'll know more in July when there is the next big Fall event where we will have more information, as shows begin taping. And there is actual footage... In Roswell case we'll have to wait for at least February or January since there is no Olympics next year.

Time will tell how much resources it will get. But in it's favor regardless of ratings is that three shows will be leaving the air. So at least three slots opening up. So either they pick up a lot more shows next year. Or they keep some of the shows on the air...

Since it's a midseason show, unless it does truly terrible. It will likely get a second shot!

What hurt Life Sentence was not that it did so terrible in the ratings. It is that it was so different from what is currently on the CW. Roswell, New Mexico despite it's horrible name. It will have powers, and hot people. It will be similar to several other shows...

In the Dark and All American or whatever that show is called is the "off brand" type of show, so it will be interesting to see how people respond.

Charmed also had a backlash over it's rebooting, so it's not surprising people are responding negatively. But the true test is in September.

Given I hated what Charmed eventually became. I might give it a shot, but I haven't completely made up my mind. We'll see.
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Old 05-17-2018, 02:01 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper1975 (View Post)
Trailers are just that trailers. We'll know more in July when there is the next big Fall event where we will have more information, as shows begin taping. And there is actual footage... In Roswell case we'll have to wait for at least February or January since there is no Olympics next year.

Time will tell how much resources it will get. But in it's favor regardless of ratings is that three shows will be leaving the air. So at least three slots opening up. So either they pick up a lot more shows next year. Or they keep some of the shows on the air...

Since it's a midseason show, unless it does truly terrible. It will likely get a second shot!

What hurt Life Sentence was not that it did so terrible in the ratings. It is that it was so different from what is currently on the CW. Roswell, New Mexico despite it's horrible name. It will have powers, and hot people. It will be similar to several other shows...

In the Dark and All American or whatever that show is called is the "off brand" type of show, so it will be interesting to see how people respond.

Charmed also had a backlash over it's rebooting, so it's not surprising people are responding negatively. But the true test is in September.

Given I hated what Charmed eventually became. I might give it a shot, but I haven't completely made up my mind. We'll see.
There were a couple brief glimpses of Roswell, NM in the extended sizzle reel that The CW put out. I wasn't impressed by those few seconds though.

I'm sure that even if Charmed does horribly, it will somehow survive all odds since it's a CBS show. There's also a decent chance that All American and In the Dark become like JTV and CExG and are the underperforming, but critical darlings.

Last edited by PrincipessaBella; 05-17-2018 at 02:14 PM
Old 05-17-2018, 02:06 PM
Elite Fan

All American looks good....but I'm not sure it'll last (bad timing maybe?).

I agree that Charmed became really bad over the season (I think i stopped mid-season 5) but still it had something special, idk.
Old 05-17-2018, 03:14 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

I complain about Charmed all the time. It's so inconsistent. But it was my first fandom. It's special. It was unique.

All American looks good! As people are saying it's like Fright Night Lights + OTH/OC. And, I'm OK with that. BRING IT ON. I'm excited.

ANything can change between now and October for Charmed. The filmed pilot doesn't mean that's what gets aired. Charmed's pilot is not 1x01. There was a different Phoebe. So if they're listening, they can always revamp things. Also, CALL IT SOMETHING ELSE.

At least Roswell's reboot has the state with it, so it's more distinguishable.

I wonder how soon until Roswell NM gets a trailer out? And if there's any reason for the 2019 premiere. Just slots available or something else?
Old 05-17-2018, 03:14 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

I complain about Charmed all the time. It's so inconsistent. But it was my first fandom. It's special. It was unique.

All American looks good! As people are saying it's like Fright Night Lights + OTH/OC. And, I'm OK with that. BRING IT ON. I'm excited.

ANything can change between now and October for Charmed. The filmed pilot doesn't mean that's what gets aired. Charmed's pilot is not 1x01. There was a different Phoebe. So if they're listening, they can always revamp things. Also, CALL IT SOMETHING ELSE.

I wonder how soon until Roswell NM gets a trailer out? And if there's any reason for the 2019 premiere. Just slots available or something else?
Old 05-17-2018, 03:48 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis (View Post)

I'm guessing they chose midseason so that they're not putting all their eggs in one basket from the start. Charmed is their baby, they probably didn't want to risk taking the focus off of it by pitting both shows against each other, so to speak
Old 05-17-2018, 04:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincipessaBella (View Post)
I'm guessing they chose midseason so that they're not putting all their eggs in one basket from the start. Charmed is their baby, they probably didn't want to risk taking the focus off of it by pitting both shows against each other, so to speak
They only really change things if a actor has another show at the same time, or something is not right when they start filming. Or it does not mesh in the pilot stage... Given that Roswell doesn't have a fall timeslot... They might not even start filming in the summer, when all shows start...

Anything is possible. Grey's Anatomy is famous for inserting the character Alex late into the process, that is why he only has a minor part in the series pilot... and grows into a much larger character post pilot...

The timing of the schedule won't get finalized until the summer time. So timeslots can change. But usually unless it's announced in the next few days, Roswell will likely stay in the mid season. Then it's about when it gets slotted... Since CW was last out of the gates in announcing... they had heard everyone fall schedules and they could have made changes... so it is probably pretty settled.

Since there is no Olympics. It could start late January, depending on how many episodes are attached to the order.

Since they are also saving Crazy Ex, Jane and iZombie who have FINAL Seasons attached to their orders to the mid-season. It will be interesting to see what happens...

If they care about Roswell... they will get a early 2019 timeslot.
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Old 05-17-2018, 08:15 PM
New Fan

Wow that Charmed reboot looks bad. All American looks good.
Old 05-17-2018, 08:16 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lxury (View Post)
For some reason the fact that they are adults is what makes me not interested. That font is like, a modern take on our Roswell font.

Roswell won't get all the promo, they upped The 100's this year and it's a midseason show. Guess we'll just have to wait and see!
Black Lightning was the midseason show that got all the promo budget. The 100 cannot even be called a midseason show since most of its episode is gonna be airing in Summer.
Old 05-17-2018, 09:18 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

I really enjoyed Friday Night Lights. I know people who watched Friday Night Lights and weren't even football fans they just loved the characters. I also know that people have been missing One Treee Hill So I think All American will do well.

Aw I hate how they are making this new Roswell all political. I mean why can't they just leave it alone and stick with Alien factor like Alf did.

Why does everything now a days have to be so political. Sometimes I want to escape when watching a show and enjoy it with out everything being political.

The Charm fandom was always very passionate so I can see why they are not happy with the reboot. I have yet to watch the trailer.

All I know is when this new Roswell comes out with trailers they will never compaire to the magical of the fire promos. The music, the lighting, the chemestry, the mystery! Those were amazing!
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 05-18-2018, 05:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The only nice thing I can say right now is that I do love the person they picked to play Liz. I’ve been a fan of hers since she was on SYTYCD, and I think she’ll do well.

Holding a show until mid-season doesn’t mean they aren’t invested in it.

I watched the Charmed trailer just out of curiosity, and I thought it looked . . . horrible. And I have no allegiance to the original Charmed. The acting just looked really bad. I’ll check out the Roswell, NM (dumb title, but I’m glad they altered it) just out of curiosity, too, but I do not plan to watch, personally.

Well, whatever. The CW renewed my beloved The 100 for a season 6 after only two episodes, so I guess I can’t hate on them too much right now.
✗ ICON
Closed Thread   Post New Thread