Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2018, 09:24 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvineverettwa (View Post)
A friend of mine said that it was more like babysitter Jody her annoying annoying foster daughter. He said he hated the girl they focused on. That Hope spin-off is apparently gonna be like Xmen with a school for freaks. A coming of age story so that could be paired well with Riverdale or that new football show from Berlanti. I'm liking the sound of Charmed though. They say it's gonna be darker with the mother getting killed in the pilot.
It was more than that. Yes one of the characters was pretty annoying, but she wasn't their only focus. The other girls made things very interesting and brought in a different dynamic. It would have worked perfectly on the network and would have given them everything they're looking for: a known brand, female driven badassery, and a diverse cast. Which is EXACTLY why they rebooted Charmed (and to a lesser extent, re-imagined Roswell). Also, Legacies is just another excuse to beat the dead horse that is TVD and TO, which I'm thinking they regret cancelling now because they can't seem to quit it. Wayward isn't a show for everyone and that's ok, neither are the shows they did pick up. It's just frustrating for a lot of people and difficult to understand their reasoning. That article that was linked above hits the nail right on the head about the whole thing and explains it in exactly the same way I'm trying to.

As for Supernatural, that show started before the WB folded and it managed to survive under Ostroff's reign even after her various attempts to kill it. Here we are, about to end season 13 and it's still going strong. I think its ability to survive all sorts of odds is what made the CW slowly start turning into a more genre oriented lineup. That's why I'm not sure why they opted to pick up All American (the football drama), that show is going to be the lone wolf on the network and chances are it won't survive very long, even with the pedigree of Greg Berlanti.

Last edited by PrincipessaBella; 05-15-2018 at 09:34 PM
PrincipessaBella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 05:25 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincipessaBella (View Post)
It was more than that. Yes one of the characters was pretty annoying, but she wasn't their only focus. The other girls made things very interesting and brought in a different dynamic. It would have worked perfectly on the network and would have given them everything they're looking for: a known brand, female driven badassery, and a diverse cast. Which is EXACTLY why they rebooted Charmed (and to a lesser extent, re-imagined Roswell). Also, Legacies is just another excuse to beat the dead horse that is TVD and TO, which I'm thinking they regret cancelling now because they can't seem to quit it. Wayward isn't a show for everyone and that's ok, neither are the shows they did pick up. It's just frustrating for a lot of people and difficult to understand their reasoning. That article that was linked above hits the nail right on the head about the whole thing and explains it in exactly the same way I'm trying to.

As for Supernatural, that show started before the WB folded and it managed to survive under Ostroff's reign even after her various attempts to kill it. Here we are, about to end season 13 and it's still going strong. I think its ability to survive all sorts of odds is what made the CW slowly start turning into a more genre oriented lineup. That's why I'm not sure why they opted to pick up All American (the football drama), that show is going to be the lone wolf on the network and chances are it won't survive very long, even with the pedigree of Greg Berlanti.
That's what I said as well about Riverdale during Season 1 when it hit 0.4 but lo behold it got renewed and a better slot come seaspn 2. Don't understimate Berlanti's pull. He got Supergirl moved to CW. Even got his new Lifetime show a Netflix deal. Heck he got his pilots ordered to series in other networks. Netflix likes teen crap. They saved Insatiable for example.
arvineverettwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 06:16 AM
Elite Fan

What helped Riverdale was their Netflix deal. All episodes go on that. So summer allowed for a spike in viewership and interest.

Now onto Roswell news. It's not playing in the fall. It's being held to mid-season. Which tells me it was not strong enough to play in the fall...

Charmed gets the fall slot on Sundays with Supergirl.

Now it might mean Roswell will be fine. But debuting in mid-season doesn't speak as strongly for it.

We shall see....

Jane, Crazy Ex-girlfriend and iZombie are CONFIRMED to be ending next year. So if Roswell does get some decent numbers, it will probably will be renewed. But we shall see...

the FALL schedule...

Source: tvline.com

Quote:
MONDAY
8 pm DC’s Legends of Tomorrow
9 pm Arrow (new time slot)

TUESDAY
8 pm The Flash
9 pm Black Lightning

WEDNESDAY
8 pm Riverdale
9 pm ALL AMERICAN

THURSDAY
8 pm Supernatural
9 pm LEGACIES

FRIDAY
8 pm Dynasty
9 pm Crazy Ex-Girlfriend (new time slot)

SUNDAY
8 pm Supergirl (new time slot)
9 pm CHARMED
Jasper1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 06:23 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper1975 (View Post)
What helped Riverdale was their Netflix deal. All episodes go on that. So summer allowed for a spike in viewership and interest.

Now onto Roswell news. It's not playing in the fall. It's being held to mid-season. Which tells me it was not strong enough to play in the fall...

Now it might mean Roswell will be fine. But debuting in mid-season doesn't speak as strongly for it.

We shall see....

Jane, Crazy Ex-girlfriend and iZombie are CONFIRMED to be ending next year. So if Roswell does get some decent numbers, it will probably will be renewed. But we shall see...

the FALL schedule...

I suspected it would be a midseason show. It may have had buzz during the pilot stage, but I honestly don't think that the network has as much put into it as they do Charmed. So we will see what happens.
Old 05-17-2018, 07:26 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper1975 (View Post)

We shall see....

the FALL schedule...

Roswell getting midseason means it will get all promotional budget for midseason. The only other new show they have for midseason is In the Dark. That one screams DOA.

The new Fall shows will all fighting each other for promotional budget where Charmed is likely to get most of it due to the new night. I was actually expecting Berlanti's new show to be the one for midseason.
arvineverettwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 07:46 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Star-Crossed was a mid season show o the CW. The amount of promotion for it was insane. It premiered in February. It only lasted 13 episodes so maybe that will happen with Roswell, New Mexico.
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Roswell 10/2/00 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 09:21 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvineverettwa (View Post)
Roswell getting midseason means it will get all promotional budget for midseason. The only other new show they have for midseason is In the Dark. That one screams DOA.

The new Fall shows will all fighting each other for promotional budget where Charmed is likely to get most of it due to the new night. I was actually expecting Berlanti's new show to be the one for midseason.
In the Dark and All American actually had the best reception at the upfronts. And various people who watched the presentation said they were underwhelmed with Charmed. So ITD may not be as DOA as everyone is expecting. And yes, Roswell will get a large promo budget, but that doesn't mean a show will perform well. Viewers will still need to tune in and stay tuned in. Your promos can only bring in so much.

Last edited by PrincipessaBella; 05-17-2018 at 09:34 AM
Old 05-17-2018, 11:11 AM
Elite Fan

Life Sentences debuted mid-season and it is ending as well.

Mid-season debut are almost always ending up in cancelation.
I'd do it all again and won't think twice, won't think twice."
lovesophia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 11:31 AM
New Fan

There's a new, updated press release about the show:

Roswell, New Mexico - Series Press Release
Posted by SpoilerTV at May 17, 2018
ROSWELL NEW MEXICO

More than maybe anywhere else on Earth, Roswell, New Mexico is ground zero for those who seek proof that aliens exist. Roswell native Liz Ortecho left it all behind 10 years ago, after the death of her beloved older sister, Rosa. But with her father ailing, she reluctantly returns to her tourist-trap hometown to move back in with him. When Liz arrives, she reconnects with Max Evans, her teenage crush who is now a Roswell police officer. Their chemistry is instantly electric. But Liz soon discovers a shocking truth: Max is an alien who has kept his unearthly abilities hidden his entire life, along with those of his otherworldly siblings, Isobel and Michael. As the two grow closer after a decade apart, Liz finds it difficult to keep the truth from her best friend, Maria De Luca, and her trusting high school ex, Dr. Kyle Valenti. Also hiding their extraterrestrial origins are Isobel and Michael, with Isobel not even revealing the truth to her husband, Noah, and Michael keeping his identity hidden beneath a bad-boy exterior of hard living and casual hookups. Meanwhile, a long-standing government conspiracy spearheaded by Master Sgt. Jesse Manes, along with the politics of fear and hatred that run rampant in Roswell, threatens to expose Max and his family, and could endanger his deepening romance with Liz…as well as their lives.

ROSWELL, NEW MEXICO stars Jeanine Mason, Nathan Parsons, Michael Trevino, Lily Cowles, Michael Vlamis, Tyler Blackburn, Heather Hemmens, Trevor St. John and Karan Oberoi. ROSWELL, NEW MEXICO is from Warner Bros. Television and CBS Television Studios, in association with Amblin Television and Bender Brown Productions, with executive producers Carina Adly MacKenzie (“The Originals”), Chris Hollier (“Once Upon A Time”), Julie Plec (“The Vampire Diaries”), Darryl Frank and Justin Falvey (“The Americans”), Lawrence Bender (“Pulp Fiction”) and Kevin Kelly Brown (“Roswell”).

Source:
CW

There's also finally a poster for this version too...but I can't get it in here from my phone. I can practically feel the lack of chemistry from the artwork.
Old 05-17-2018, 11:35 AM
Elite Fan

I'd do it all again and won't think twice, won't think twice."
lovesophia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 11:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Roswell
The 100

For some reason the fact that they are adults is what makes me not interested. That font is like, a modern take on our Roswell font.

Roswell won't get all the promo, they upped The 100's this year and it's a midseason show. Guess we'll just have to wait and see!

Lxury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 12:20 PM
New Fan

How The CW Roswell Reboot Compares to the Original - Today's News: Our Take | TV Guide

This article at least has the cast explaining that it's its own thing and it's great that they acknowledge it as not being a reboot. But the whole part about it having 90s vibes and music really makes my point about the tone of the script being confusing. These charactees are to have graduated in 2008...far from the 90s feel that Carina seems to want. It's confusing and jarring.
Old 05-17-2018, 12:46 PM
Addicted Fan

Been there done that got the t-shirt! Such a snoozefest.
natalie4237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 01:07 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Runaways

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lxury (View Post)
For some reason the fact that they are adults is what makes me not interested.
I think this is my thing, too. Reading the description....doesn't seem like there's a show storyline in there? Probably because they're adults.

Also, "Their chemistry is instantly electric."... I hope that is actually true? Because...yeahhhh...
Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 01:19 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis (View Post)
I think this is my thing, too. Reading the description....doesn't seem like there's a show storyline in there? Probably because they're adults.

Also, "Their chemistry is instantly electric."... I hope that is actually true? Because...yeahhhh...
Hahaha yeahhh instantly electric. I'm sorry, but I really don't see them having the chemistry to pull that off. And that's because I'm familiar enough with their acting, yeah nope.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top