Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2018, 03:55 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswell 10/2/00 (View Post)

I hope the other new CW shows like Wayward Sisters does better and they let Roswell New Mexico crash and burn!
^It didn't get picked up.
Old 05-13-2018, 01:09 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesophia (View Post)
^It didn't get picked up.
Sigh, that one still hurts me deep. Deeper than the fact that they DID pick up Roswell,NM
PrincipessaBella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 06:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Roswell
The 100

So people are super upset about Wayward Sisters, eh? I'll be honest I knew nothing about it but it sucks that it seems like it had a built-in fanbase and now they are all super disappointed. I wonder if they are assuming they have built-in fanbases for the new Charmed and Roswell shows. I'm interested to see what time slots they get.

Damocles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 09:03 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lxury (View Post)
So people are super upset about Wayward Sisters, eh? I'll be honest I knew nothing about it but it sucks that it seems like it had a built-in fanbase and now they are all super disappointed. I wonder if they are assuming they have built-in fanbases for the new Charmed and Roswell shows. I'm interested to see what time slots they get.
I would say the fanbase for Supernatural and in turn, Wayward, is about as passionate/rabid as Roswell fans. I almost guarantee they're assuming that they have a built-in fanbase for both Charmed and Roswell, NM because they're recognizable names. I honestly don't think they've thought of the alternative or even think about their other experiments with bringing past properties back (hint: they don't do well).
Old 05-13-2018, 09:19 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

So sad that Wayward didn't get picked up it would of been a huge success considering Supernatural.

I know Charmed always had a huge passionate fanbase so maybe the new Charm might do better in ratings.
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Roswell 10/2/00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 09:50 PM
New Fan

A passed pilot is usually dead so whatever their doing is just a waste of time. Heck Wayward is not even a proper pilot but just a backdoor pilot and also a spin-off. The likelihood of another network/streaming platform be interested is very low. Insatiable was only passed last year because CW thought it was too risky of a show to air. Too edgy for them. CBS shopped it around and got to Netflix. Sabrina was a different story. WB blindsided CW and gave it directly to Netflix making CW lose the show. WB did not want Sabrina becoming a co-production had it went to CW.

IMO Lucifer has better chance getting saved by CW than for Wayward Sisters to land on another network.
arvineverettwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 10:45 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvineverettwa (View Post)
A passed pilot is usually dead so whatever their doing is just a waste of time. Heck Wayward is not even a proper pilot but just a backdoor pilot and also a spin-off. The likelihood of another network/streaming platform be interested is very low. Insatiable was only passed last year because CW thought it was too risky of a show to air. Too edgy for them. CBS shopped it around and got to Netflix. Sabrina was a different story. WB blindsided CW and gave it directly to Netflix making CW lose the show. WB did not want Sabrina becoming a co-production had it went to CW.

IMO Lucifer has better chance getting saved by CW than for Wayward Sisters to land on another network.
It doesn't belong on another network, it wouldn't work that way. It really only belongs with its parent show. It's not really the same situation with WS as it is with all the other pilots. It's more about the fact that The CW is using previous, recognizable properties to hope they grow their viewers with a built-in fanbase BECAUSE of those names and yet they pass over a show that for sure would have had that fanbase they're after. It was never a choice between Charmed/Roswell,NM and WS, it was Legacies and WS. At the end of the day, it may be all over. But that doesn't mean fans can't be passionate about it and try their best to reverse course. It's not a waste of time. Roswell fans of all people should understand that fight.

Am I upset about Wayward, yes, very. But this isn't the place for me to vent about that. I'm just trying to theorize why the network is doing what they're doing and keeping a close eye on this re-imagining and following along with it's progress and eventual airing to see if this experiment of theirs is actually working in their favor. My instinct is telling me it may get 4 seasons, max, and that doesn't even mean that ratings will be good.

Last edited by PrincipessaBella; 05-13-2018 at 11:01 PM
Old 05-14-2018, 08:21 AM
Master Fan

I’m so upset Wayward Sisters didn’t get picked up. Out of all the pilots it sounded the best and we actually got a preview of it. To say I’m disappointing in a Roswell and Charmed reboot is an understatement, but I’m not surprised. I won’t be watching as I want to keep my my memories of the original versions intact. If the reboot gets more than 3 seasons I’ll be a little annoyed just because of how hard the fans fought to keep the original on the air. I just hope they change the last names of the characters. I really don’t want to go in the Roswell tags and see this new version. It’s hard enough to find gifs and discussions on tumblr as it is.
Old 05-14-2018, 12:26 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrangerDanger (View Post)
I’m so upset Wayward Sisters didn’t get picked up. Out of all the pilots it sounded the best and we actually got a preview of it. To say I’m disappointing in a Roswell and Charmed reboot is an understatement, but I’m not surprised. I won’t be watching as I want to keep my my memories of the original versions intact. If the reboot gets more than 3 seasons I’ll be a little annoyed just because of how hard the fans fought to keep the original on the air. I just hope they change the last names of the characters. I really don’t want to go in the Roswell tags and see this new version. It’s hard enough to find gifs and discussions on tumblr as it is.
The last names of the characters are the same as in the books. So with the exception of Liz and Alex, they'll all compete. Same with the Max/Liz pairing. At least Michael and Maria fans can rest easy knowing they won't have to see pics and gifs of their favorite couple played by new actors.
Old 05-14-2018, 12:36 PM
Elite Fan

What was Wayward Sisters even about ?
Old 05-15-2018, 09:10 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
It tells the story of Sheriff Jody Mills and a group of troubled young women, all of them orphaned by supernatural tragedy. Under Mills' training and protection, these women will emerge as a supreme monster-fighting force. Unlike the original series, which centers on biological brothers, Wayward Sisters is about a sisterhood of girls in a foster family.
Old 05-15-2018, 09:42 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

This article talks about how it would of been a sure hit especially with the Supernatural fandom but the CW passed on it not knowing they had a good thing.

https://www.hypable.com/wayward-sist...ral-cancelled/

Then again they wanted to cancell Supernatural after 2 seasons and the fandom got it to season 3 and 4. Then the CW learned and now its going on 12 seasons.
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Roswell 10/2/00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 09:42 PM
New Fan

Quote:
A friend of mine said that it was more like babysitter Jody her annoying annoying foster daughter. He said he hated the girl they focused on. That Hope spin-off is apparently gonna be like Xmen with a school for freaks. A coming of age story so that could be paired well with Riverdale or that new football show from Berlanti. I'm liking the sound of Charmed though. They say it's gonna be darker with the mother getting killed in the pilot.
Old 05-15-2018, 09:48 PM
New Fan

Quote:
This article talks about how it would of been a sure hit especially with the Supernatural fandom but the CW passed on it not knowing they had a good thing.

Then again they wanted to cancell Supernatural after 2 seasons and the fandom got it to season 3 and 4. Then the CW learned and now its going on 12 seasons.
In CW's defense though, that was under Ostroff's reign. She wanted a show consisted mostly of rich teen white girl. It and Smallville were really off-brand at the time since they attract a different kind of audience.

In 2011, CW had a new President. A a new President who moved Supernatural out Fridays and ordered an Supernatural spin-off later. A lot of shows have lasted at least 4 Seasons under his reign, More male oriented shows got ordered by him as well. My point is that isn't the same CW that it was. Had it been Ostroff, Supernatural would've been axed on Friday.
Old 05-15-2018, 09:49 PM
New Fan

Quote:

In CW's defense though, that was under Ostroff's reign. She wanted a show consisted mostly of rich teen white girl. It and Smallville were really off-brand at the time since they attract a different kind of audience.

In 2011, CW had a new President. A a new President who moved Supernatural out Fridays and ordered an Supernatural spin-off later. A lot of shows have lasted at least 4 Seasons under his reign, More male oriented shows got ordered by him as well. My point is that isn't the same CW that it was. Had it been Ostroff, Supernatural would've been axed on Friday.

Sorry for the double post. My internet connection is not stable. Any mods can just delete the extra one. Thanks.

Last edited by arvineverettwa; 05-15-2018 at 09:54 PM
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top