Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2003, 02:10 AM
Dedicated Fan

I just really hope it's gonna be coming out here in Australia! If not I think i'll have to buy it from eBay or Amazon or something.

I can't wait until I get the DVD's because I started watching Roswell at the beginning of Season 2 so I have only ever seen Season 1 on my computer. It will be great to actually watch Season 1 on my tv.
Old 11-16-2003, 02:46 AM
Part-Time Fan

It’s interesting to read other peoples take on the cover and the slowness of Amazon to display it on their pages. I would have thought that the companies releasing DVD’s in general would have really pushed Amazon to get the info up ASAP given the huge market that they have.

I’m not in any way criticising those that like the cover (everyone has different tastes after all) but to me it does not really seem that professional and could have been designed by anyone with intermediate design skills. Have a look at this site to see examples of customised DVD covers that people have made (do a search for Stargate for example). I would say the majority are a higher standard that what has been produced for Roswell S1 but that’s just MO.

Oh well we should all know soon enough I guess. Has anyone seen the whole cover yet or just the front?
Old 11-16-2003, 11:14 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Shell_belle:
<STRONG>I just really hope it's gonna be coming out here in Australia! If not I think i'll have to buy it from eBay or Amazon or something.

I can't wait until I get the DVD's because I started watching Roswell at the beginning of Season 2 so I have only ever seen Season 1 on my computer. It will be great to actually watch Season 1 on my tv.</STRONG>
it is coming out od dvd in Australia.
R4 is coming out on the 1st of feb

May 2007 be fun!
Old 11-16-2003, 11:28 PM
Total Fan

I really like the cover! They took some liberties with the Rule of Thirds (some of you will know what I'm talking about), but the colour scheme is nice.

Wouldn't be surprised if they chose it as an homage to FF's messageboards. Would be quite cool.
Old 11-17-2003, 10:02 PM
Loyal Fan

I am def buying this at Walmart or Curcuit City on the Release Date. Once I remember my local Curcuit City putting some out a day before release so I am gonna check on that. Does anyone have any idea what Wal-Mart might be selling Roswell for. Because MY Aunt and Mom usually gives me gift cards around Christmas and my bday (same month) Just curious cause Wal-Mart is prob where I will end up getting it?
Old 11-17-2003, 10:24 PM
Loyal Fan

As for the special features:
I didn't expect there to be this much special features. The two things I wanted was cast filmography,since the actors have been away from the show for awhile I would love it to list there filmography. I do hope this is added on the season 2 set because in season 3 there is no Colin Hanks or Emilie de Ravin. Another feature I was hoping for was tv spot promos. Other than that I am happy with what special features are given to us. Also I was also shocked to see Sense Feild Music Video. They probably put that there cause Shiri is in the video and it was played in Season 3. At least we know that Sense Feild songs won't be cut because if the music video appears on the dvd. It will appear in the eps. I expected to see Didos Here With Me Music Video. I am just glas Roswell is coming out on dvd! yay!!!!! 92 Days Left!!!!
Old 11-18-2003, 03:04 PM
Loyal Fan

Hi thanks for the pic of the cover. Its nice and I like it however, I would have liked it to include all the characters somehow since I always felt that it was of course about the Max and Liz romance but also the strength of loyalty and trust of the other relationships. I'm also very partial to season one of the show being the best out of all of them [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Of course all characters and capturing the atmosphere of season one would be entirely too much to get on one cover picture [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] So this is okay, nice.

Don't be so opened minded that your brains fall out.
Old 11-18-2003, 03:33 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Stephan R:
<STRONG>I really like the art... its so awesome, it attracts people. It would make people say Ohhh that looks good, I wonder what's Roswell about.

Just my opinion. I like it!!! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Stephan</STRONG>

I like the art mainly,eighter,but I think that Jason's and Shiri's pic doesn't match very well...(to each other)

- The Wind That Blew My Heart Away
Old 11-19-2003, 01:30 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by PHMustang2000:
<STRONG>Another feature I was hoping for was tv spot promos. </STRONG>
Ooh, me too! I'm very happy about all of the special features that are on the DVD (more than I had expected), but I *really* wanted the TV promos.
Old 11-19-2003, 07:54 AM
Part-Time Fan

Pinched this from another forum (thanks roswelllovery2k1. Lets hope it's true for those European fans without multiregion players.

Quote:
Many thanks for your email enquiry.

We have actually just received information on a UK release date for
ROSWELL - SEASON 1 on DVD.

At present, the scheduled release date will be May 2004 but this may be subject to change. You can also keep up-to-date with all of 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment's TV releases at: www.foxtvdvd.co.uk

I hope this is helpful!

Best Wishes
Hollie

Hollie Henson

Marketing Coordinator
Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment
Old 11-19-2003, 01:08 PM
Addicted Fan

I pre-ordered a while back. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] And I spread the word about the release to family and friends I thought would be interested. Can't wait!

RoswellMouse, thanks for your campaign work...as always.
Old 11-19-2003, 03:43 PM
Loyal Fan

after work today i hope to pre-ordre my copy of the dvd.

May 2007 be fun!
Old 11-19-2003, 05:51 PM
Loyal Fan

Roswell is finally up for pre-order at the site where I bought Smallville on DVD. You can check it out here:
Pre-order Roswell at DVDWorldOnline.com
Old 11-20-2003, 08:21 PM
Loyal Fan

sorry double post!

[ 11-20-2003: Message edited Stephan R ]
Old 11-20-2003, 08:21 PM
Loyal Fan

Here is a BIGGER size of the cover so you can analyze it! [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Thanks to DeNniS!

Stephan