Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2004, 06:20 PM
Loyal Fan

HOLA everyone! Sorry for being MIA for the past week, I was in Mexico. I love it there... its so beautiful. I wanna go there again. I just bought the DVD today and I am so happy that the DVD is here. I just got the last copy of Roswell at Music World here in Canada. Seems like Roswell is doing good on Amazon.com.

Does anyone know how Roswell is doing in the sales? Is it exceeding FOX's expectations? I sure hope so and it seems like that the DVD was sold out often.

I also hope that there is enough demand to tell FOX that we want more Roswell... such as the movie!

Stephan
Old 02-21-2004, 10:18 PM
Part-Time Fan

I have a MAJOR question.

In 'Blind Date' Alex asked, "What's wrong with The Whits?!" (Concerning his band name, and yes I know his last name is Whitman)

And Maria replies, "Just an SOA from what you really are."

I must be channeling on the wrong circuit cause I COMPLETELY don't get that joke. Would someone explain it for me please?
Old 02-21-2004, 10:24 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Kung fu Annie:
<STRONG>I have a MAJOR question.

In 'Blind Date' Alex asked, "What's wrong with The Whits?!" (Concerning his band name, and yes I know his last name is Whitman)

And Maria replies, "Just an SOA from what you really are."

I must be channeling on the wrong circuit cause I COMPLETELY don't get that joke. Would someone explain it for me please?</STRONG>
Here is what she was saying:

ALEX: Oh, come on. What's wrong with "the Whits"?

MARIA:
Just an "s" away from what you really are.

You replace the "W" in Whits with the "S". [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 02-21-2004, 11:02 PM
Total Fan

hehe not to say that I'm not happy that fox allowed dvd's to be made in the first place, but people is it so much to ask for the packagers to be a bit more careful, I just got mine the other day and already am up to disc four, to my surprise disc one was inside, so check through all discs to make sure this doesn't happen to you...now i have to send it back and wait even longer.... [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] Oh and I'm happy they left counting crows in Toy house if they didn't that episode would have been ruined....

btw it is really really really hard to watch these episodes without the original music, somehow I'm going to create my own stuff cuz the music is what made me fall in love with roswell...to begin with..

If you have dvd R or RW I suggest buying winproducer3 or creator2 you can edit your own stuff...it is illegal to reproduce copyrighted material...
Old 02-21-2004, 11:35 PM
Elite Fan

So has anyone listened to all the commentaries? So far I've listened to the Pilot and Heatwave. Jason Katim's "Um"'s got on my nerves alot in the commentary for the pilot, he says it constantly. David Nutter seemed like he had alot to say and Jason kept going over him. I would have liked to have heard.

Thania St John's commentary has been really enjoyable and I like her, wish there were more commentaries like this one.

I can't wait for Shiri's and Majandra's.

[img]smilies/love.gif[/img]Nikki [img]smilies/sun.gif[/img]
Old 02-21-2004, 11:46 PM
Master Fan

Is there anything we can do?......
i am soo mad about the music, but i am glad its out on dvd!....just soo sad at the same time..
Old 02-22-2004, 12:39 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *Ciera Rochelle*:
<STRONG> [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] I got my DVD's yesterday and.....I got jipped.

Turns out I had a defective DVD set. My Disc One and Disc Four were the same thing. Do you know what that means? That means when I went to watch Sexual Healing *my favorite ep.* I didn't get to watch it. I had to choose from the first four eps. [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] I was soooo mad! So guys make sure you check your DVD's I don't want ya'll to get screwed as well [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] My D4 had the cover art and everything but they had put the wrong disc in there. So then at 11 o'clock at night I had to e-mail Amazon and now I have to wait till Monday till I can get a good set [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] I'm so sad</STRONG>
My set has the same problem! [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]

I fell into those eyes and haven't found my way out.... Please... Don't send help.
Old 02-22-2004, 03:04 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ~*Nikki*~:
<STRONG> Jason Katim's "Um"'s got on my nerves alot in the commentary for the pilot, he says it constantly. David Nutter seemed like he had alot to say and Jason kept going over him. I would have liked to have heard.
</STRONG>
WORD Nikki! It seemed like 75% of what Katims said was "Um", "You know" and "Like", which left only 25% for actual commentary. 12 minutes in and I was already aggravated. It seemed to take him three minutes of "You know"s to actually complete a thought. I had been greatly anticipating hearing directly from the show's creator, but the major thing that I learned from listening to him is that not every series creator is as eloquent, witty, and interesting as Joss Whedon. Pity. And I agree that Nutter was good and I would have liked to have heard more from him.

On the plus side, the "Area 51" segment was great! I enjoyed the whole thing, but was particularly won over by Colin Hanks' interview. When he looked directly into the camera and said "I still have all the quilts..." I just melted. The sincere and respectful way in which he spoke about the fans, and the way he credited Roswell with his career, showed all kinds of class.

So far I've only watched the commentary for the Pilot, but from what I've been reading it sounds like I'll really enjoy Shiri and Majandra's contributions. Something to look forward to. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ 02-22-2004: Message edited Rogue Gal ]
Old 02-22-2004, 08:09 AM
Absolute Fan

I'm really scared now about this defective discs issue [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] i live in England and its going to cause me so much fuss to send them back to Amazon.com again [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 02-22-2004, 08:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by prettylittleroswellian:
<STRONG>I'm really scared now about this defective discs issue [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] i live in England and its going to cause me so much fuss to send them back to Amazon.com again [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Check it before sending it. E-mail them your fear about this problem. It can't hurt [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ 02-22-2004: Message edited Crazy_D+J_Fan ]
Old 02-22-2004, 12:17 PM
NLA
Part-Time Fan

Could someone spell out what is on the discs? The advertisements say there are deleted scenes from every episode. But I read here that there is just the deleted scene from the pilot.
Old 02-22-2004, 12:27 PM
Master Fan

To Amazon's credit....I recieved an E-Mail stating a new set will be shipped Monday via two day delivery before I even ship the bad set back!
Bravo Amazon! [img]smilies/clap.gif[/img]
They said keep the first set until I recieve their replacements. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I fell into those eyes and haven't found my way out.... Please... Don't send help.
Old 02-22-2004, 12:44 PM
Loyal Fan

If you go to http://roswellmovie.net/dvd.html , you can see what's on them. Pretty sure we have it all right.

I'm gonna start a
NEW THREAD. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ 02-22-2004: Message edited RoswellMouse ]

Because the story isn't over... RoswellMovie.net
Old 02-22-2004, 01:31 PM
Part-Time Fan

*Vicki*, thanks so much for explaining. I heard 'SOA' when it's actually 'an S away'. Now everything makes sense! Thanks again.