Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2020, 06:26 PM
Master Fan

Thanks principessabella! I , like Kwiki, was also very underwhelmed as a finale...in fact I saw the major couples pretty much split which may make it easier to film a socially distant season 3 where no one needs to get within 6 feet of each other.

Loved the 47/48 flashback and wanted to know so much more about Tripp, Nora, Louise, and company. I also wanted to know about his demise and what else was written in the journal....seems to have had a lot of pages.

Only good part of the ending was Liz leaving that town and going to CA. I mean, seriously, Max destroys her work and she’s supposed to be ok with it? She’s too strong for that. Yes....she needed to move on and I think she will be happier for it. Not sure what that means for the show next season, but since Jason isn’t expected in it I will probably be moving on also.

Honestly, I thought the finale was a good end to the show period. Alex seems like he’s moved on to someone who can appreciate him, the sisters are reunited, and Rosa forgives her mom. But, then the cave and Max Sr.....not sure if this qualifies as jumping the shark, but I really didn’t feel anything in the stories pulling me to pine over the start of S3. I guess not enough answers in this season to lead me to have more questions for next.....
JournalingJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 07:21 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincipessaBella (View Post)
Well that was a severely underwhelming finale after a severely lacking and awful season.
Yeah, I only liked Michael and Maria saying ILY to each other (Even though it was always obvious) but crappy finale for a crappy season. S3 will be more halfassed, unfinished, horrible bs I'm sure. I only watched clips of M/M, only good part about the show for me. This stank show doesn't deserve a S3.

Last edited by Butterfly85; 06-16-2020 at 07:26 PM
Butterfly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 09:32 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Jason was amazing in the Roswell New Mexico season final! I loved his character Tripp and the 1947 storyline. So good! Honestly the 1947 storyline was the best thing and totally could of been the show if they were to do a reboot. Jason did an amazing job! Hope to see him in more things.

I agree how did this series get a season 3 is beyond me.

Maria they neevr knew what to do with her character from the start. I remember how watching the Pilot she felt like an after thought even back then. I love how they had the abduction storylinewith Maria mom and all and then all of the sudden just dropped that stroyline this season as well.

Kyle so sad about Kyle I actually enjoy Kyle character and Michael Trevino is such an amazing actor. Seriously he was he only saving grace for me when I watched the pilot at New York Comic Con. His character was really interesting and Michael brings a lot to his character. However you can cleary tell they had no idea what to do with Kyle this season.

I could of done with out all of the ex lovers coming back this season. They just seemed like they were their for eye candy and didn't do anything for the pilot.

Alex's family I felt they could of done a whole season on them. I know we got some in the 47 storyline but to have Alex Dad and then brother show up out of the blue was kind of crazy and confusing.

I love how they used tons of easter eggs in the final. The knod to Who Died and Made you kind tatoo. Liz leaving but insead of Vermont she is going to CA instead of how Max did in the original. oh and we got Dupes as well. That ending scene was aweful. I mean just aweful. I was expecting something more instead of being duped.

I agree they totally could of ended the show series here and I would of been ok. Alex made his choice. It seemed like Michael and Maria were trying to make it work even if Michael was still in love with Alex. Isobel moved on from Noah and found peace helping Rosa. Liz and Rosa were reunited. Rosa asked her Mom to get help with drinking. Max finally got his heart condition under control only to have his anger destroy Liz's work. Not very supportive boyfreind if you ask me. Glad Liz was getting out of town. Kyle got the girl and Liz helped heal her. and thanks to Alex's Uncle Tripp Max, Isobel, and Max found out more of the familty history in his journal. So over all the show totally could of ended.

How this show got a season 3 is beyond me.
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Roswell 10/2/00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 11:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I stopped watching because I heard how the season ended. So I did not finished the season. But I might now...

Carina is out as showrunner. Looks like she ruffled a lot of feathers. Including issues with Warner Brother's and their distrubutor over tweets last month about editing out same sex scenes overseas.

And there might be tension in the past between MacKenzie and the star, Jeanine Mason...
And she spent too much time on set and away from the writing team.

Source: Hollywood Reporter.com

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...runner-1302667

We shall see if the show improves.
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Jasper1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 12:52 PM
Part-Time Fan

I won't even pretend I'm upset by this. She was a bad showrunner and made some very problematic choices. I know Carina herself is trying to underplay what some of the sources from the article are saying, especially about tension...but I do feel like there's some merit there. Her and Jeanine may be ok now, but it was obvious during season 2 that Jeanine seemed to have some issues with what was going on. I might have to sample season 3 now to see if it improves with her absence.

I also want to mention that Rick Montano and Vincent Ingrao left the show for season 3. They've been with the it since the beginning and are the writers of the infamous threesome episode. I wonder if their leaving had anything to do with the possible toxic environment behind the scenes. Just seems like interesting timing that they announced last week that they were no longer involved and now this.

Last edited by PrincipessaBella; 07-10-2020 at 01:34 PM
PrincipessaBella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 12:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, sounds like there was a lot of tension with the writing team and Carina. Because of being at the set too much. Away from the writing team. While things got a little better in Season 2. Apparently scripts were late, and were constantly rewritten because she wasn't spending time with the writers, but on set.

And blow up with twitter last month probably sealed her fate. Her television deal is no more. So, it wasn't a easy breakup. Something had to have gone on.

What I watched of Season 2. It was all over the place. So I am curious where it goes now... Since she was very opening championing for a certain couple.
Old 07-10-2020, 05:48 PM
Master Fan

I’m also not sad about this AT ALL. I admit I only watched season 2 for Jason, but I DID watch each episode as it aired in it’s entirety for context and I thought all of the story lines were all over the place. If I was a mega fan of this show and really invested in many of the characters I would not have been happy about this season. Many of the episodes had their best moments crammed into the last four minutes of the show and then would pick up again the next week almost as if no one remembered what happened before

Not sure what this will mean for Shiri and Jason and if they will be asked back in season 3 if the show is under new management. I know the show was renewed , but with everything else turned upside down CW could cancel maybe?

I don’t know how Hollywood works.
JournalingJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 08:16 PM
Part-Time Fan

A season 1 writer is spilling so much dirt on Twitter right now. There's a lot of fascinating, but mind boggling stuff. Keep in mind that it's only one side of the story and you should take it with a grain of salt.
And some little background on this writer...someone was offended by something he tweeted some time back and called Carina out on Twitter asking why she would work with someone like him (mind you, I don't believe the tweet in question was bad, at least that I can recall) and Carina denied he was ever involved in the show...even though his name is literally on an episode and listed as producer for an episode as well. So clearly there's some bad blood there.

https://twitter.com/kamranpasha

It's assumed Chris Hollier will be taking over, since he was already co-showrunning with Carina. He's completely absent from social media and hasn't been involved in many interviews, but he does seem more interested in the entire love story and is a big fan of the more romantic side of things. Maybe he'll be able to reign the show back in a bit and focus on the relationships between the characters...not just romantic, but friendships as well. I'm not sure though. I'm not sure the show can go further down than season 2, but who knows.

I think the show will see its season 3, but for the first time since it was picked up, its future might not be so guaranteed. They may see how it goes with Chris (or whoever takes over, I guess) and if it doesn't shape up then that might be it. The CW proved last week that they DO still cancel shows.

As for guest stars and directors...I'm sure Covid will still have something to do with that. Based on Jason's Instagram post, it doesn't sound like he'll be involved in season 3. When Carina was still plotting out the new season, she alluded to less guests because of the virus. But that also means less romance too since you don't want to put your actors at risk. I don't know, it'll be a weird season regardless and even weirder, or better, now with CAM gone.

Last edited by PrincipessaBella; 07-10-2020 at 09:20 PM
Old 07-10-2020, 08:58 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Wow so much for this show being a passion project for Carina.

From the beginning it seemed like Carina didn't care like it was a fun thing to do at the time and then it got picked up for 3 seasons and they realized they had to do work. A showrunner who had no experience what so ever. I remember on twitter how the show hadn't even aired yet and she was already going off on fans who asked certain questions about the show.

I remember going to the 2018 Comic Con talk for season one and all Carina and Julie Plec for that matter said they wanted hot cowboys and name drop the original cast members names and said how it will be a tribute to the original fans. I don't know what it was I watched when I saw the pilot. It was not a tribute to our show. Her cast seemed out of place as well. Like they didn't gel and were forcing it.

Nothing against the cast but I felt when you are placed in a bad situation what can you do. Maybe it will change with new blood on board who knows.

However if you feel uncomfortable about something speak up. I hate how actors don't speak up when they don't want to do something for what ever reason. I mean I know it is a job but their are lines to be drawn sometimes.

Having Julie Plec on board as well is a call for disaster she throws cannon out the window all the time and is a horrible storyteller. So it was a combination for disaster.

The pilot Carina didn't establish any relationships they were just thrown in when ever their was a lull. For example Maria was an after thought. It was not something I wanted to watch because I coun't connect with anyone. The original you knew who was the scientest, wacky best friend, the band greek, the jock, the rebel without a cause loner, the Ice Queen, the Max Evans is staring at you shy mysterious man.

This I mean I know it was a high school reunion 20 years later but still no feelings or connection what so ever. I wanted whitty banter between Max and Liz in the begining when he pulled her over. Like he knew who she was and she didn't and flirted and played off on that. She regonized Max way to early in the pilot and it was like he had seen her 5 minutes ago and not 10 years later.

Then we saw the fans go for Michael and Alex so she catered to that and I think forgot the over all core of the story. I also know her and Julie mentioned at Comic Con didn't realize how much work goes into directing a pilot. They never directed any thing before.

I didn't watch season one just the pilot and maybe one more episode just to see if the show got better. Sometimes Pilots are not the best. I was wrong.

Then season 2 came and it was a disaster as well. I only watched for Jason. The 1947 storyline should of been the show. I wanted more of that and less of the other. It was so good the 47 flashbacks.
Spoiler:

The threesome I think did Carina in. I mean how can you get away with that. Especially with the network. I think it went to far and I know a lot of fans on social media that night were livid and done with the show. It's no wonder she now is not associating herself with certain people or can't remember them.

Over all I think the show is done. I think it's had it time and I hope it crashes and burns. I can't take the trainwreak anymore. Maybe COVID was a blessing in disguise.
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08

Last edited by Roswell 10/2/00; 07-10-2020 at 09:10 PM
Old 07-11-2020, 07:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I didn't watch the end of the show. So I don't know how bad the scattering of it. Although the last few episodes, I know they were in the disservice of the pandemic and they had to do the post production work remotely to be able to air all the episodes ordered.

Yeah, the threesome scene was pretty gutsy for network television (when you don't know what time internationally you will air). But then you heard Maria at the end stops things with Michael, because she fears she won't be the winner in the end. When she went in fully knowing that he had something with Alex because of that scene. But Michael wanted to be with her.

I guess we will see what happens now... I didn't like Liz doing secret experiments that put the secret at risk, and then gets pissed that Max was worried about himself, and his family. The ethical risks of it was pretty thin too. Jeanine commented in the press after the finale, that what Liz was doing was pretty scary potentially.

So she might not liked what Liz's overarching storyline. Sure, she wanted Max back alive, so she went to the limits to bring him back, But then to take it further, and explore...

Still, I did not watch to the end...
Old 07-11-2020, 09:26 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Good riddance. She was horrible, ignorant, lazy, halfassed writer. I don't expect the show to get much better, I keep hearing how shallow CW is so I expect them to get another ignorant writer to take her place, but it would be nice if hell froze over and the show improved. I'm also glad the people that wrote that disgusting threesome episode left with her, that bs was so dumb, pointless, and just done for thirsty shock factor. I didn't hear about the tension but I don't feel bad for the cast after they were already shown to be twofaced cowards for never defending HH/Maria against the toxic and racist M/A fandom and just desperately pander to their crazy asses (Especially the Michael actor who acts like a thirsty fool for them, they even attacked him last year for stepping out of line for talking positively about M/M. How spineless can you be) The only thing I liked about the show was M/M (Who I bet is not over and never will be so their lazy breakup doesn't mean much to me, nor will it stop M/A being nothing but crumbs that go nowhere. They wrote M/M as the real love story and who Michael wants. He kept choosing Maria over Alex over and over again. They kept showing he was Michael's second choice and Michael told Maria he loves her in the last episode. I'm glad they at least got a well written relationship in S2 if it doesn't work out though) but as a whole the show is a hot mess. I agree they act like they don't remember what they write week to week and there are so many unfinished, unresolved, dropped storylines. There are also no stakes and no narrative. The show is horrible and the ratings are already low, so it's overdue on being cancelled.

Last edited by Butterfly85; 07-11-2020 at 09:37 PM
Butterfly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 02:28 AM
Passionate Fan

Wrong thread.

Last edited by Enchanted Goddess; 07-12-2020 at 02:37 AM
Enchanted Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 08:28 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

All good points you made. i hated how shady this Liz was. Our Liz would never do that. I mean this Liz was just as bad a Pierce in the White Room using Max for his DNA to cure people and not tell him.

Then she gets all upset when he destroys her work. Sorry but for ethics reasons it was plain wrong.

At least our Liz discussed this with Max in Leaving Normal when Liz talked about Max healing people like her Grandma and Max said how he wasn't God and how their would be consequences to his actions if he healed everyone. We see this in A Roswell Christmas Carol.

Anyway I am hopefully this reboot has had it's day and will be destroyed soon like the Jelly Fish Queen or the Skins in season 2.
Old 02-03-2021, 02:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well CW did their annual mass renewal splurge. And Roswell New Mexico is getting a Season 4. Even though Season 3 does not have a airdate yet, It allows for the show to plan I guess in this pandemic world. And figure out where they will go.

And given they changed showrunners after last season. So, we see will happen. I did not finish last season. But I heard what happened.

So, we will see if a change in leadership improves the show.
Old 02-03-2021, 03:51 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper1975 (View Post)
Well CW did their annual mass renewal splurge. And Roswell New Mexico is getting a Season 4. Even though Season 3 does not have a airdate yet, It allows for the show to plan I guess in this pandemic world. And figure out where they will go.

And given they changed showrunners after last season. So, we see will happen. I did not finish last season. But I heard what happened.

So, we will see if a change in leadership improves the show.
Gross. This show and most of the other shows on that network should actually thank the pandemic. I still don't think I'm bothering with season 3 though, unless I'm told it's somehow miraculously 100% better (which I highly doubt).

I guess we'll see next year what the network announces as final seasons. I still don't see this going more than 5 seasons, but I've been wrong so far.
Reply   Post New Thread