Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2021, 08:07 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Yes!!! So excited there are more Liz Kyle shippers out there! I loved them from the start in the remake! Kyle storyline was want made watching the Pilot bearable. Plus I love what Michael brought to the character. So I have watched the series here and there as a result.

I wish Liz and Kyle in this remake could be end game as well.

Totally agree with what you said about this Max and Liz being so toxic and boring.

I am finding a trend on this show with toxic relationships. It's like they don't know how to write a good love story so they decided to place as much drama and angst in it as they can. So not good.

That is why I loved the summer of 47 storyline it was a great love story and a great story over all.

This was like when I watched Smallville. I am a huge Superman fan however I couldn't stand the show Smallville mostly because I was bitter that Smallville was one if the reasons why Roswell was cancelled. Anyway I had roommates in college who watched and I saw a few episodes here and there. Then I feel in love with the character of Lex and the Luthers storyline so much I had to watch. I shipped Lex and Lana so much! Talk about drama
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!

Last edited by Roswell 10/2/00; 08-01-2021 at 08:13 PM
Roswell 10/2/00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 08:25 AM
Master Fan

Oh my goodness Ros10 I wouldn’t even watch Smallville back then because I was bitter over Roswell and that the first season competed with Roswell!!! Then a year after Roswell ended I caught a few episodes and wished I had seen Smallville from the beginning. Now after all these years we are watching Smallville (from the beginning) on Hulu. So good!

I did watch the first two episodes of Roswell NM. I actually liked the second episode that just aired .....full of alien lore and lots of Maria and Kyle and Jones/Max. The revelations were interesting if they are true.....
Spoiler:
. Not a fan of liz and max on this show so I was good with the last episode until the very end
I was wondering if there would be changes with the show runner exit (I did notice she had already written the first episode, but doesn’t seem as involved in this one)

Ps also a big Kyle Liz shipper for end game. Liz and max are not meant to be on this reboot.
JournalingJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 08:55 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Yes after years of not watching I finally caved and watched Smallville as well. I remember even sitting through a few Smallville talks at San Diego Comic Con. At the time I was not happy about it (The wounds of Roswell still ran deep for me) However looking back I am glad I was there for the Comic Con talks. I was even there when Tom Welling came to one of the San Diego Comic Con talks for the 10 season and was directing an episode. That was pretty amazing.

I remember I even watched the final episode of Smallville wow I can't believe that was 10 years ago.

Join the club about Liz and Kyle! I am glad there is another shipper of them! I loved them from the start. Sadly they will not be end game but one can still dream! hen again who knows with the way this show is going you never know where the train wreak will lead.
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
Old 09-08-2021, 05:03 PM
Extreme Fan

Hello !! so after some lurking and spending a few days watching S2 and YTD S3, can you believe that I have forgotten about this series and then I realized there were two more seasons to watch. That itself speaks volumes.

I begun watching the show of course to compare it with the old beloved Roswell. The first thing I have to say is that I like some things and others took me by surprise ( like Michael being with Alex ) not that I don't like it but it was a shocking surprise. Of course this wasn't going to be the same, so after actually believing that, I watched it with fresh eyes and not expecting to see the same. Which besides loving Roswell I hated several story lines that were thrown in there.

So, here I am and the first thing I have to say is that I don't see any of the chemistry, but not even a glimpse of M&L. They are like any other couple in another serie. I don't hurt when they fight I don't get silly happy when they are together. Same with ALL of the couples in that show. Maybe I'm older now but original M&L chemistry was OFF the charts.

On the pro side, I still want to see where the series is going. I am hooked with the story line and I am liking the way humans and aliens work together. I even like Isobel (it's actually Isabel in spanish) which I hated her character in OR (Original Roswell)
It could be also because I watched everything together that I didn't feel the angst of the different couples being apart between S2 and S3. I like that despite having this Jason character being mean and with a hidden agenda, I enjoy that he didn't implant fake memories on people. He is manipulative but you can see it, the way he works on others insecurities.

Anyhow, just wanted to share some thoughts. Thanks for reading

Icon by:Hilery00
vecastone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 06:20 AM
Elite Fan

Hello!

Quote:
So, here I am and the first thing I have to say is that I don't see any of the chemistry, but not even a glimpse of M&L. They are like any other couple in another serie. I don't hurt when they fight I don't get silly happy when they are together. Same with ALL of the couples in that show. Maybe I'm older now but original M&L chemistry was OFF the charts.
I so completely agree with this. I love Ortecho&Evans combo as well, and especially Nathan delivers his lines with such emotion that I often get teary eyed when he is pouring his heart out. I see what they are trying to do, and if there was just more chemistry it could be amazing. But really nothing can beat the og Max&Liz chemistry and angst

Quote:
On the pro side, I still want to see where the series is going. I am hooked with the story line and I am liking the way humans and aliens work together. I even like Isobel (it's actually Isabel in spanish) which I hated her character in OR (Original Roswell)
I am with you on this as well. Even though this show hasn't rocketed into my favorite shows, I really like the characters and the storylines, and I will be watching. It is a good show, as long as you can keep it as a separate thing from the OG in your mind Comparison won't do any good. And as you said original Roswell had some very bad storylines which were really only saved by the amazing cast and their chemistry
| Icon by MyLastDayWithoutYou |
Pempees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 08:28 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pempees (View Post)
Hello!

I so completely agree with this. I love Ortecho&Evans combo as well, and especially Nathan delivers his lines with such emotion that I often get teary eyed when he is pouring his heart out. I see what they are trying to do, and if there was just more chemistry it could be amazing. But really nothing can beat the og Max&Liz chemistry and angst
I agree any other couple has more chemistry than Max and Liz in this reboot. I ship Kyle and Liz so much in the reboot. Love them!

Quote:
I am with you on this as well. Even though this show hasn't rocketed into my favorite shows, I really like the characters and the storylines, and I will be watching. It is a good show, as long as you can keep it as a separate thing from the OG in your mind Comparison won't do any good. And as you said original Roswell had some very bad storylines which were really only saved by the amazing cast and their chemistry
I love the Kyle storyline in the reboot. Loved it from the start. I also have enjoyed Charlie as well. Of course I loved the 1947 storyline with Jason.

Nothing wil replace the original however I see some positive things about the reboot. Over all it is not my favorite show but I can see the a small silver lining in it.
Old 10-04-2021, 08:14 AM
Elite Fan

I think this season has been so interesting. They do have so many characters though, that sometimes I feel like the original characters don't get enough screentime. I am still super bummed that they teased us with Michael and Maria, and never gave it to us in the end. I don't hate Alex and Michael together, but I would of course prefer him with Maria. I don't see the point in them being together in few episodes.
Old 10-04-2021, 03:07 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Michael/Alex are the tease, not Michael/Maria lol. They might be getting their crumbs now, but I'm still sure M/M will get back together sometime next season. Unlike M/A they set up a foundation for M/M and wrote them with long term, endgame material. There is no way in hell M/M are over. Even though I missed M/M being together this season, I do think this season was the best for Maria. In general, the season still wasn't that good but the seventh and eighth episode were good overall. I think the eighth episode might of been their best episode in general. However, the show still needs a lot of work to be a good show. It's still mostly trash IMO.
Butterfly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 07:02 AM
Elite Fan

I disagree. I don't feel like they will go back to M/M. They have her moving on (Gregory is super hot ), and M/A has been built like the long game. They were already together in high school, and the show is building on that. Besides this particular love triangle (which really isn't even a triangle no more, since M/M barely even interact) I have enjoyed the season. I love how Maria has come to terms with herself, and I loved her trip into Patricia's memories. I also love her connection with Isobel
Old 10-05-2021, 05:58 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

I don't see Maria lasting long with Greg at all, he's barely on the show and they had no buildup. He was more into her than she was him, and they had to throw them at each other for a quickie since she would be gone for two more episodes and he's not around much himself. Afterwards Maria talked about it like she just wanted some and that's it, but again the writing for them was nonexistent. If they are going to have them be a couple they need to do a better job, but in general the writing is sloppy on this show. M/M interacted a lot in S3, they weren't kept away from each other. Agree to disagree but I don't see them having already washed their hands of M/M. There is still so much unfinished business between the both of them.
Old 10-07-2021, 05:39 AM
Elite Fan

I don't know will she stay with Greg or what, I am glad she had some fun. I hate love triangles so much, so I can't even think how they could sort out this M/M/A mess and still keep me interested.
Old 10-09-2021, 05:51 PM
Passionate Fan

Michael and Maria were always done in this reimagining as an ode to the original. Malex and Echo have always been the long term couples in this show. Michael has been in love with Alex since he was 17, and him trying with Maria never stopped that. The show has been pretty clear. But I get that shippers will never stop believing their couples are the endgame, so I guess we will just wait and see. I will say that Malex has never been a tease, and that their crumbs are not crumbs, they are the whole damn cookie.
Old 10-11-2021, 07:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I have not watched this season. But heard about the reveal at the end of the season finale.

Wow. I might have to turn in next season.

Spoiler:
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Jasper1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 07:50 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

After JB had a role last season, I'm glad she will too. I wasn't expecting her cameo at all.
Old 10-11-2021, 08:11 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

I hear Shiri made a cameo in Roswell New Mexico tonight. I hear her character might come back next season.

Here is a link to the episode.
https://www.cwtv.com/shows/roswell-n...3-3be29c57228c
Reply   Post New Thread