Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2020, 10:24 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Quote:
Originally Posted by JournalingJedi (View Post)
I’m just amazed that there is a lot of talent out there and yet we have the same rehash, reboots, and the like.

Either there is so much garbage out there and this is indeed the best of the garbage , or the real talent isn’t even allowed in the room simply because they do not know the right people to open the door for them.

Ugh!

I agree with Jasper times have really changed......
I agree now they are all walking fashion models. No real acting talent and the ones who do shine I feel get pushed aside.

I mean look at Dawson Creek the cast has gone on to win Emmys, Golden Globes, and Oscars.

Even Buffy cast did very well. Plus Sarah had already won an Emmy by the time she was on Buffy.

Buffy was so haead of it's time a soap melodrama comedy all rolled into one. Also Dawsons Creek the first seasons were insane. Yes soapy at times and so 90's but great writing and acting.

I saw the pilot to Nancy Drew at Comic Con and was like what did they do to these beloved book. Veronica Mars was ten times better!
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 01-14-2020, 01:13 PM
Master Fan

I think original and creative stuff is still out there. Unfortunately the way most companies, (in Hollywood as well as corporate world), are set up today it seems everyone wants to earn the sure fire quick buck and move on rather then take the time, and chance, in investing in something new.
Old 01-14-2020, 04:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

And in the age of fractured viewing. So much product is out there due to streaming. The networks are looking for anything to get some buzz. Even streaming would too...

CW just announced the new Superman show focused on Superman and Lois as parents is a go to series. And a reboot of Walker Texas Ranger staring soon to be Supernatural grad and Gilmore Girls Jared P.

CW has massive amount of content for next year given they just announced a pick up of everything minus newbie Kathy Keene. Which got a script order, but no official renewal yet.

So, show ratings or get cut for Roswell New Mexico might be next season.

There is original out there but to get a leg in with the audience. Familiar will go anytime over something original.

I don't mind Nancy Drew. I am too young to know the books, but but probably read some early on in my life. So, I didn't know it as well. And they tried several attempts to find the right hook for it. Before this one worked. So, it will be interesting to see how it develops next season.
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Old 01-16-2020, 09:36 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

This interview with Brendan Fehr is great! I love how even he can't say the new shows name and was never asked to be in the reboot. Even the interviewer comments and says how bad it is. He saw one episode of the original and was hooked.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?index=2&...&v=WfY9QlE5fxI
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
Old 01-17-2020, 09:02 AM
Part-Time Fan

Per Carina's Instagram story from last night, Jason is there. They're filming episode 12 now and should be starting on 13 maybe next week or so. This definitely means his episodes are strewn until the end of the season. Because Kayla Ewell and Cassandra Amell are also there, I'm still thinking his character is involved in the past storyline. Since it seems he's been typically filming when they're filming.
Old 01-17-2020, 01:39 PM
Master Fan

Thanks so much for the update!!!! I’ll share with my Behr friends over on Jason’s board. So glad he’s there and working, however....
Ugh!

Only five episodes but they are spread throughout......really didn’t want to have to watch all the shows. We better get a heads up which ones he’s in!!

Almost confirms he’s in some past storyline,
Old 01-17-2020, 06:47 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks from me too about the Jason update

BIG thanks for that Brendan interview ...I loved seeing him!! I have not watched any of his shows besides Roswell so it was really good to see him. I've always loved how open he is and he talked about B&T which was very encouraging I share his Christian faith so it is always cool to hear him bring that into a discussion which he does often. He just rocks!
Old 01-17-2020, 09:32 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

I agree.

The interview with Brendan was the best! He is so funny! I loved it! Great inreview. I remember why i am a fan of Brendan. I loved meeting him at the Charity Bowl A Thon in 2006 with fellow Roswell fans. Such a fun down to earth guy.

Podmom I too also love when he talks about having faith in God and how it helped him in life. I have always loved Brendan's strong faith.

As a Christian/Catholic I always admire Brendan when he talks about God and his love of God in interviews. Over the years I loved how he was never afraid to bring it up in interviews and why he belives in certain things. I always enjoy when Brendan post about different books he is reading about faith and when he talks about the Bible.

I also loved when he said how he enjoys hearing different sides of things even if he might not agree I like how he wants to understand an see a different perspective.

I think it's so important especially now a days where things politically are so onesided and how family and friends can't even get along over it or don't talk to one another. It makes me sad. I should hope there is more to you as a person then how to vote or believe in certian issues.

Anyway I loved how his eyes light up and how excited he got over B&T and Metallica. I really hope B&T comes to reality.

I am getting tired of all of the remakes and reboots I want someting original.
Old 01-18-2020, 12:25 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswell 10/2/00 (View Post)
This interview with Brendan Fehr is great! I love how even he can't say the new shows name and was never asked to be in the reboot. Even the interviewer comments and says how bad it is. He saw one episode of the original and was hooked.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?index=2&...&v=WfY9QlE5fxI
I LOVE this Brendan interview. He's just so refreshing, down to earth and no holds barred.
He's never hid his feelings about the new show (both him and Majandra are very open about their dislike) and it's always been interesting to hear the claims that EVERY original cast member was onboard and gave their blessing. Nice tactic to avoid the whole new Charmed debacle, but ultimately false. I guess whatever makes people feel better though.

I'm atheist, but it's so wonderful to hear him openly discuss his faith. He's always stayed true to himself, even if his stance might be polarizing to some. But I also love that he engages with others who have differing beliefs and listens to their views and doesn't condemn. I just become a bigger and bigger Brendan fan as the years go by, and I was always a huge fan.
Old 01-18-2020, 09:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

how's the new show?
Old 01-18-2020, 09:26 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

I only saw the pilot for Roswell New Mexico at Comic Con in 2018 and after that I had seen enough. it was like a bad dream. I couldn't believe what they had done to our beloved show.

The only onw who was interesting was Kyle played by Michael Trevino who was Tyler Lockwood on the Vampire Diaries. His storyline in the Roswell New Mexico show was the only interesting thing about the reboot. Either then that I have heared from others who watched all of season one that it just got worse and worse.

How it got a second and now a thrid season is beyond me.

Even Melinda Metz who the original show was based off of her books made comments over how did was not a fan of the reboot.

The only one from the original cast who really reached out was Shiri. She said she would be happy to direct some of the reboot. Lasy yeat she directed in season one and will direct in season 2. Also Jason Behr is going to be in season 2.

However you just can't recreate the magic our original show had. 20 years later we still believe.

I agree Brendan is the best! The only reboot I want is B&T!
Old 01-18-2020, 11:03 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedrum (View Post)
how's the new show?
It's a very very different show, it shares nothing with the original besides names and a few plot points that both shows had taken from the books (which is basically just the shooting, though the original lifts the scene straight from the books while the new one definitely doesn't). I watched the entire first season and while I personally didn't like it overall, there were some bright spots. The potential is there, but it was just lacking in a lot of aspects for me. If you're curious though, I would say give it a try and see. Lots of people did find it enjoyable or parts of it enjoyable. It's its own and stands on its own legs.
Old 01-19-2020, 05:45 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Thanks, will do
Old 01-19-2020, 10:22 AM
Master Fan

I agree with Both roswell10 and principessabella. I watched season 1 of the new show also. Should have just been made as an entirely different show rather then try to almost capitalize off the OG. It’s certainly worth a watch if you are curious, just know going in the characters are very different and it’s set in an alternate universe (Tess cannot exist, there isn’t going to be a planet named Antar, and the other beloved characters have been completely reimagined ).
Old 01-19-2020, 01:08 PM
Loyal Fan

I have not seen the new show, but one thing that kinda bothers me is their idea of inclusive television. I read somewhere that the showrunner said something along the lines of Roswell being about a bunch of white people and that's why she wanted to do something different. Yes Roswell had a mostly white cast (Majandra being the exception, though she is very fair skinned) but I don't think that fact made it difficult for others to relate to it. As a black woman(girl when the show aired) I certainly had no trouble. What think Roswell did beautifully particularly in the first season, was show what it's like to be a teenager, trying to figure out who you are, knowing who you are and being terrified that people won't or cant accept it. Even more so, what it like to be human, why are we here? Where did we come from? Who put us here in the first place? The new show seems to be lacking nuances because it's so busy trying throw everything in your face. They should focus less on being timely and more on being timeless.

"You find me offensive, I find you offensive for finding me offensive "
"Oh mercy, mercy me. Oh things ain't what they used to be no"
Closed Thread   Post New Thread