Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2019, 12:37 PM
Master Fan

Yes!! I posted the twitter link(crediting this board) over on Jason’s board and the little community over there LOVES it!!! So good to hear his voice again! We need him to do more stuff then just this reboot.

Funny how the New Mexico board won’t even really talk about Jason. So odd. It’s so quiet over there with almost nothing (well except Malex). I didn’t find anything about Jason’s voiceover on it either. Oh well
Old 11-20-2019, 03:09 PM
Part-Time Fan

So few of them probably even know who he is, let alone how big of a deal it is that he's back in any capacity!

It's so hard to engage in any discussions about RNM most places because usually all they want to talk about is Malex and since I'm not invested in them (or any of the couples, honestly), it's hard. I want to be able to deep dive into the content and why it's good/bad/etc. It's either people completely fawning over the show and overlooking all the problems or the ones that only love Malex and don't care about the rest. I'm not used to that kind of fandom. At least here we can have open conversation about it, but we've also always been so open about the flaws of our own show and don't tend to look at it with rose colored glasses.

I wish I knew why, but I've been speculating recently about what character Jason may be playing. He was on set the other night and based on some of the information I've gathered, it's possible he's part of the 1947 storyline. It seems like this season is supposed to be very flashback heavy and feature '47 often. Kayla Ewell and Cassandra Amell were also filming/on set at the same time and since they feature primarily in the past storyline, perhaps that's where he comes in? I don't know. Please stop me from speculating on this show!
Old 11-20-2019, 06:13 PM
Master Fan

Ooohhhh. I really like this thread!!, Yes, ready to speculate.....agree with everything you wrote below....done with other board....I mean seriously 43 threads for Malex and Max and Liz are only up to maybe five? I just do not get it. I tried to post there. I simply didn’t fit in I guess and that is okay.

So he’s still filming then? They are on episode 9 or 10 now I think. We know he’s in 4. Assuming then episodes may not be consecutive? I think he’s part of ‘47 flashback crash stuff too. So he’ll interact with Gaius who is a farmer. Maybe Jason is military? The sheriff of the town at the time? I do not have sources so purely speculating here.

Hey let’s speculate together....for Jason.....

Edit to add....speculate about Jason’s story line only.... leave that Malex stuff for the other board....
Old 11-20-2019, 06:48 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JournalingJedi (View Post)
Ooohhhh. I really like this thread!!, Yes, ready to speculate.....agree with everything you wrote below....done with other board....I mean seriously 43 threads for Malex and Max and Liz are only up to maybe five? I just do not get it. I tried to post there. I simply didn’t fit in I guess and that is okay.

So he’s still filming then? They are on episode 9 or 10 now I think. We know he’s in 4. Assuming then episodes may not be consecutive? I think he’s part of ‘47 flashback crash stuff too. So he’ll interact with Gaius who is a farmer. Maybe Jason is military? The sheriff of the town at the time? I do not have sources so purely speculating here.

Hey let’s speculate together....for Jason.....

Edit to add....speculate about Jason’s story line only.... leave that Malex stuff for the other board....
That's what I was thinking too! His character apparently has ties to the town, which could lean towards military or sheriff. Maybe he's involved in the whole Caulfield Prison reveal from last season. Could it be possible that he's one of the aliens, or hell, one of the parents, absolutely, but I feel like that's too on the nose (who am I kidding, this show goes for the most obvious). Personally, I would like to see him play a more sinister, questionable character.

I'm guessing his episodes will unfortunately be strewn about the entire season. It sounds like they're finishing up or just wrapped on 9...Carina mentioned that Aisha Tyler (director of episode 9) and Jason were on set together, which leads me to believe he's in 9. Unless they've also started filming on 10 and he's in that. Maybe he's in both. Or maybe the mention of them filming out of order this season is in regards to the flashback scenes and we have no idea what episode they're filming of those. I wish we had more information on what he's been doing there, I know they want to keep things tight lipped, but damn, you'd think there would be something!
Old 11-20-2019, 09:55 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Thats ok if you didn't fit in as it says on the Roswell Board Guide: Welcome To The Ever-Burgeoning "I Know An Alien" Club! thread OP

"Regardless of where you come from or who you are at the Roswell Board we welcome everyone even if you are 3 feet tall and green."

So yes the original board is the best!

Orignal Roswellians are the best! 20 years later we still believe.

I wonder if Jason will be Richard Doty who he played in the Summer of 47 episode in season 2?

Or maybe he will be Sheriff James Valenti Senior aka Segarent Martian as in Sheriff James Valenti Jr Dad?

Or maybe Jason will be freaken Eddie from Into the Woods
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 11-21-2019, 03:05 PM
Master Fan

I feel so welcomed here!!! Love it!
Not sure why so tight lipped. Someone did post on Jason’s board that the creator said his character is not Max, not Max’s parent, not related to Max at all. I’m thinking definately not alien then.
Some of us over there hope for a sinisterly role. More fun to play and can show his range so he can be picked up for other stuff. I didn’t see and cannot find breakout kings so I’m not sure how he did with that character.
If he’s a flashback then I can be assured he won’t play the new love interest for Alex. Alex interviewed he was getting a new love and I think Jason would have been too old anyway, but was really hoping they didn’t go that direction with Jason.
This shooting out of order is crazy, I hope we have a heads up which episodes he is in before they air. I’m thinking with you that the flashback would have to include that Caulfield prison which would make Jason’s sinister military character a real possibly.
Old 11-21-2019, 08:15 PM
Part-Time Fan

Oh man, he was SO good in Breakout Kings, a truly heinous character. I'm not sure where you can find it, it was on Amazon Prime at one point, but sometimes that can be expensive. I do hope you can find it one day though, worth it for him!

Tons of people are already convinced that Alex's new love interest is a character named Forest (played by Christian Antidormi), but there's obviously no confirmation of that. But then there's some that think Forest could be another Manes brother. I guess we'll see! I definitely don't think Jason is the love interest though, I don't know that it would be a meaty enough role for him to come out of retirement for. This is just me wishing into existence that he's for sure playing a baddie.

I'll be keeping my eye on the press releases for the episodes, those might tell us ahead of time which episodes he'll be in. If that's the case, I'll keep you all posted!
Old 11-22-2019, 05:32 AM
Master Fan

Yes please!! Keep us posted!!
Now I’m really on the hunt for breakout kings. It has to be somewhere.....

I am more convinced now Jason needs to do a sinister role. Actors have so much fun with those kind of roles and that could have brought him out of retirement. We shall see!!
Old 11-23-2019, 10:18 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Jason on Breakout Kings was amazing. He was in season 2. Breakout Kings seres you can get on amazion Prime.

Link here.
https://www.amazon.com/Breakout-King.../dp/B007H51BDG

You also it might be streaming on Hulu or Netflix.

Yes Jason was amazing as Nascado in Max to the Max so an evil role might be good to see.
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
Old 11-24-2019, 04:11 PM
Master Fan

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5Qx00Ynzfr/

Not sure if this works....At least it’s something recent of Jason!
Old 11-24-2019, 09:38 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JournalingJedi (View Post)
https://www.instagram.com/p/B5Qx00Ynzfr/

Not sure if this works....At least it’s something recent of Jason!
Gah he's like a fine wine! Thanks for this!
Old 11-24-2019, 09:40 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

I agree he look amazing!
Old 11-26-2019, 09:04 AM
Master Fan

Crappy show or not, I’m ready to just. watch. him.!!!
Old 11-30-2019, 12:45 AM
Part-Time Fan

I hope everyone had a happy Thanksgiving, if you celebrate!

I was just creeping on the comment section of the pic of Jason and Carina and noticed that she replied to a fan and said he's in 5 episodes. So I would guess that's the official confirmation of his number of episodes.
Old 11-30-2019, 07:10 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincipessaBella (View Post)
I hope everyone had a happy Thanksgiving, if you celebrate!

I was just creeping on the comment section of the pic of Jason and Carina and noticed that she replied to a fan and said he's in 5 episodes. So I would guess that's the official confirmation of his number of episodes.
Aww thanks! Happy Thanksgiving too!!

Love those detective skills!!! Hmm....have to start reading comments myself!!
Five is better then four I guess. So, we know he’s in episode 4 since Shiri directed it and I think they just wrapped 9 (might be why we saw some celebratory stuff on instagram last weekend. Posssiby celebrating Jason’s last shoot???!!! Maybe a last minute dare to wear that vest? Anyone know the story??? ) so if he’s in five episodes total including 4 and 9 that may mean he’s missing from one of the episodes in between......well that will be a long two weeks...... All speculation here.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread