Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2008, 10:43 PM
SES
Part-Time Fan

That's what I want to know because I can't find any.I would think it would be funny for her to bad mouth Roswell since she also did Romy and Michelle.
SES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 10:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by SES (View Post)
Who is going to buy these new DVD's? IMO any real Roswell fan already have the DVDs they want and if there is anything new on these DVDs it's going to end up on Youtube.
Yep. And I wouldn't be surprised if anything new is all KH related anyway.
Old 01-28-2008, 03:00 AM
Absolute Fan

i'm disgusted. not to mention that Katherine was in the original covers too! No need to manipulate roswell like that!

this is PATHETIC!!! i have no words, i just feel very very sorry for Katims&Co and Shiri, Jason and Brendan.

lucky us, Emily wasn't the one who won the emmy!

and lucky me i have the uk version!!!
*Coccy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 05:47 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

I agree I already have my DVD's so I am all set. Now if these new DVD's have more extras and features then I will buy it but if not I am very happy with my set of Roswell DVD's!

Just sending this on over

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolat (View Post)
fox are releasing roswell on dvd with new cover to find out more visit roswellmovie.net
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Roswell 10/2/00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 08:41 AM
Supreme Fan

This is pathetic and ridiculous.

So when you healed me, you risked all of this getting out, didn't you?
Yeah.
Why?
It was you.
|Max Evans + Liz Parker|
Sawyer&Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 09:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

All I gotta say is, if you don't have the DVDs yet, hurry up and buy them before these come out in April or you'll be stuck with Heigl Mania aka false misleading covers and if your going to shell out the money, you might as well get the ones that actually credit the real stars of the show.

The beautiful, Shiri Appleby.
Icon - evangelin
Hell on Heels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 09:39 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SES (View Post)
Who is going to buy these new DVD's? IMO any real Roswell fan already have the DVDs they want and if there is anything new on these DVDs it's going to end up on Youtube.
Then I'll wait for YouTube to see the new content, if any.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Coccy* (View Post)
lucky us, Emily wasn't the one who won the emmy!
In this case I kind of wish Emilie did!

LIZ: So when you healed me you risked all of this getting out didn't you?
MAX: Yea.
LIZ: Why??
MAX: It was you.
Icon: ?
~*Sonia E.*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 10:08 AM
Supreme Fan

I have them and there's no frakking way I'd spend my money on the Heigl-fest. I like Katherine, but c'mon!! 'Starring Emmy winner..." It was not about Isabel/Katherine and they could be ashamed of doing this for pure publicity. Pathetic.

So when you healed me, you risked all of this getting out, didn't you?
Yeah.
Why?
It was you.
|Max Evans + Liz Parker|
Sawyer&Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 10:37 AM
Absolute Fan

i hope that they will not change the uk version too but who know
*Coccy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 09:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda Leigh (View Post)
All I gotta say is, if you don't have the DVDs yet, hurry up and buy them before these come out in April or you'll be stuck with Heigl Mania aka false misleading covers and if your going to shell out the money, you might as well get the ones that actually credit the real stars of the show.
No joke.
Old 01-28-2008, 10:53 PM
Dedicated Fan

I'm curious as to what the other actors think of this new development.
SarahWhitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 03:35 AM
Loyal Fan

The reality is that Shiri Appleby and Jason Behr don’t currently have the name or face recognition that Katherine Heigl currently has. Making their images equal or larger on the covers won’t change that fact.

Roswell initially aired for two years on the small WB Network and then one year on the even smaller and even less available UPN Network. Roswell ended over 5 years ago. The SciFi Network has stopped airing Roswell episodes. Fox could continue to release Roswell DVDs as before, in which case sales may remain flat or decline. Fox could discontinue Roswell DVDs. Roswell DVDs have to compete with other television series that are better known and are currently airing new episodes. It is a benefit to other Roswell actors and to Roswell fans that Roswell is being re-released in new covers that may attract new fans, who recognize Katherine Heigl, who was awarded an Emmy, and who appears in a popular, successful and widely available television series, and who also appears in two recently released successful, popular and widely available movies.

People who already have Roswell DVDs are unlikely to buy new sets, even if there is some new content, regardless of the covers, whether the same or different. For the cost of a Roswell DVD set, they could buy other series DVDs or buy something else.

Being angry at Katherine Heigl or Fox doesn’t help Shiri or Jason, who got along with Katherine and the other Roswell actors. Katherine supported Roswell and promoted Roswell. Sometimes actors, including Katherine Heigl and Colin Hanks and other Roswell actors complained about the show. Complaining is a normal response, when people don’t like something.

You can notify Fox if you want the covers to remain the same or be different. Writing or campaigning to the right people in a thoughtful considerate manner may get you what you want. Slamming Katherine doesn’t benefit the other Roswell actors or Roswell fans. Slamming a successful Roswell actor just makes you seem petty and jealous.

In my opinion, all of the Roswell actors are talented and have worked hard to achieve their success. Many of the Roswell actors contribute to and support causes that help people. They each have earned the right to be treated respectfully. If the success and prominent display of one Roswell actor along with other Roswell actors on new Roswell DVD covers introduces more people to Roswell and to all the Roswell actors, so much the better!

Last edited by Citrus and Vine; 01-29-2008 at 04:10 AM
Citrus and Vine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 03:56 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswell 10/2/00 (View Post)
It was about the 1947 Crash and what would have happened if Aliens had landed in Roswell it wasn't about Katherine Heigle landing in Roswell!
.I love this

I agree with u guys abt everythimg
Avi by Coccy^^
Love u Jason&Shiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 04:40 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahWhitman (View Post)
I'm curious as to what the other actors think of this new development.
Now that would be very interesting to read/hear.

LIZ: So when you healed me you risked all of this getting out didn't you?
MAX: Yea.
LIZ: Why??
MAX: It was you.
Icon: ?
~*Sonia E.*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 06:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citrus and Vine (View Post)
The reality is that Shiri Appleby and Jason Behr don’t currently have the name or face recognition that Katherine Heigl currently has. Making their images equal or larger on the covers won’t change that fact.

Roswell initially aired for two years on the small WB Network and then one year on the even smaller and even less available UPN Network. Roswell ended over 5 years ago. The SciFi Network has stopped airing Roswell episodes. Fox could continue to release Roswell DVDs as before, in which case sales may remain flat or decline. Fox could discontinue Roswell DVDs. Roswell DVDs have to compete with other television series that are better known and are currently airing new episodes. It is a benefit to other Roswell actors and to Roswell fans that Roswell is being re-released in new covers that may attract new fans, who recognize Katherine Heigl, who was awarded an Emmy, and who appears in a popular, successful and widely available television series, and who also appears in two recently released successful, popular and widely available movies.

People who already have Roswell DVDs are unlikely to buy new sets, even if there is some new content, regardless of the covers, whether the same or different. For the cost of a Roswell DVD set, they could buy other series DVDs or buy something else.

Being angry at Katherine Heigl or Fox doesn’t help Shiri or Jason, who got along with Katherine and the other Roswell actors. Katherine supported Roswell and promoted Roswell. Sometimes actors, including Katherine Heigl and Colin Hanks and other Roswell actors complained about the show. Complaining is a normal response, when people don’t like something.

You can notify Fox if you want the covers to remain the same or be different. Writing or campaigning to the right people in a thoughtful considerate manner may get you what you want. Slamming Katherine doesn’t benefit the other Roswell actors or Roswell fans. Slamming a successful Roswell actor just makes you seem petty and jealous.

In my opinion, all of the Roswell actors are talented and have worked hard to achieve their success. Many of the Roswell actors contribute to and support causes that help people. They each have earned the right to be treated respectfully. If the success and prominent display of one Roswell actor along with other Roswell actors on new Roswell DVD covers introduces more people to Roswell and to all the Roswell actors, so much the better!
I think the anger is more at Fox. Not Katherine. It's seen as a money grab. Which it is. Looking at those covers. They do the show no good, because they advertise something on the cover the show really isn't. In fact most of Season 1, Isabel didn't have a major part.

Yes Jason and Shiri don't have the name recognition that Katherine has at this moment. I think it's great that she's gotten the success she's gotten the last few years. An Emmy. And who knows, maybe Jason, Shiri or any of the rest will hit it big sometime in the future.

I realize that if the situation was reverse and it was Jason, Shiri who had hit it big. It might be different. They might not have done anything or cleared up the pictures differently.

But as a Roswell fan, it is wierd to look at those covers and see Isabel so prominent on the covers when the show really wasn't about Isabel. Katherine's character. It was about a group of teenage outsiders, trying to fit in with both their own kind and humans. And the love story between Max and Liz. Michael and Maria. The gang together, banding together with their friends. It's advertising the show as it isn't. And especially the slogan words on the cover. Ripping off Heroes.

But you are right. Those who have the set are unlikely to buy the re-release. Although some might have if it had new content. Or the original music as shown on the television show. But it was unlikely to be the die-hard fans who already have the sets.

It's trying to beckon in the new viewers. And really, the content of the show is different from the covers. But I guess I rather see the covers be representative of what the show is about. And making Isabel so prominent, is not the way to do it, in my opinion.

They could have done it differently to use Katherine's success but keep it fitting to the show.

But JMO!
Jasper1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread