Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2015, 06:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for that link, Erin. RIP Cherie, I never met her here but I've read through this post before and she was clearly loved

Damocles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 08:17 AM
Master Fan

Aww I never knew her either, but wow, she writes beautifully. RIP Cherie.

I'm Aubrey
aubie_ocean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 10:01 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Wow I can't believe that this April it will be 10 years since Cherie's death! Where has the time gone.

Always in our hearts!
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Roswell 10/2/00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 07:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Wow that's a long time ago.

RIP Cherie!

Old 01-18-2016, 10:09 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Yes it was a shock when we all heard the news. We were all in tears over the boards and cried for the lose of our dear friend.

Cherie died from cancer and had been fighting for many years with it. She had Non Hoskins Lymphoma.

Ironically at the same time Cherie was going to her chemo treatments my cousin was battling the same cancer when Cherie was. Cherie was such a strength for me and helped me when I needed someone to talk to about my cousin.

My cousin I am happy to say has been in remission for 10 years later.

Cherie during her short time after getting into Roswell in 2003 thanks to the reruns on scfi channel got to meet Jason and some of the Roswell cast. She went to some of the Roswell fan forum events and met some fellow Roswellians on fan forum who became her dear friends.

I never got to meet her in person some of my friends did and their Cherie stories were the best! I felt like I met her in cyber space with her posts and with her writing.

Cherie was also a beautiful Roswell fan fic writer. Her story touched a cord in all of us.

They were beautifully written and her poems were read at her memorial service in 2006.

A Month Of Sundays was one of her best works. So beautiful. I could read this story over and over again. Cherie gave us a piece of her heart in this story.

A Month Of Sundays (AU,M/L,MATURE) [COMPLETE] - Roswell Fanatics

Her favorite line she used to say to my friends was "We are all recycled Teenagers at Heart". Even in the cold weather when she came to NYC for The Grudge premiere to meet Jason my friends told me she was always smiling and wore her signature flip flops everywhere. She loved being a Roswell fan and traveled to as many Roswell events as she could when she was sick. She enjoyed life to the fullest.

I know she is smiling down on all of us!
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08

Last edited by Roswell 10/2/00; 01-18-2016 at 10:18 PM
Old 03-08-2016, 08:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

My condolences to Cherie's family and friends here on the board.
Old 03-09-2016, 09:45 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

It's so sad to know on April 27th it will be 10 years since we lost our dear friend Cherie Walley! Wow where has the time gone!

I know she is smiling down on us. Cherie maybe gone but she is never forgotten her spirit lives on!

Always in our hearts!
Old 04-26-2016, 09:05 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

I can't believe 10 years ago today we got the news that our dear Roswell friend Cherie passed away.

For those who met her in person you know she was quite the character (always in her flip flops even in cold weather. A true California girl at heart) and so full of love. Wow did that girl travel. If there was a Roswell fan event or a Roswell cast member movie event Cherie was there. She even got to meet some of the cast!

For those who knew her in cyber space you know she always had a post to brighten your day and a fan fic story she wrote from the heart. Her sense of humor was a riot. She would have you in tears after reading one of her posts.

Her poems were one of a kind, her writing was gorgeous, She was a world traveler, a loving wife and mother, and a fighter til the end.

Cherie soul was beautiful.

I never met Cherie in person except in a dream after she had passed. It was such an awesome dream and it was so amazing to finally meet her!

She was one in a million. Here's to you Cherie and to your flip flops.

I know in my heart you will be very proud of us "Recycled Teenagers" after all these years!

Cherie and Jason Behr in 2005 at the South by South West Film Festival for his movie Shooting Livien.
Quote:
Cherie and Brendan Fehr at the 2003 Zeke Lerner Celebrity Bowl A Thon

Quote:
Photo credit belongs to Dreamer4ever.

Last edited by Roswell 10/2/00; 04-26-2016 at 09:17 PM
Old 04-27-2016, 07:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Aww, I love those photos

RIP Cherie

Old 04-27-2016, 07:43 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Yes Cherie was one of a kind!

Her stories of meeting the Roswell cast were so great!
Old 04-25-2019, 07:38 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Thinking of Cheire today. I always do during this time of year.

I was telling a fellow Roswell friend about her fan fic A Month Of Sundays. One of my all time favorites and I was thinking of Cherie.

Cherie was an amazing soul. She was a riot on the boards. I never met her only in cyber space but I know from fan forum friends that she was the life of the party at Roswell fan events. I love her stories of her meeting the Roswell cast at a few events. Her story of meeting Jason is classic! I love how she was always wearing her flip flops. Her sense of humor always made me laugh as well as her advice on life.

It was so heartbreaking to hear the news she had passed but her spirit lives on.

Her writing is beautiful! She was so gifted! Her stories were amazing! I am glad we have her stories. They are treasures.

Here is the link to A Month Of Sundays! Enjoy!
A Month Of Sundays (AU,M/L,MATURE) [COMPLETE] - Roswell Fanatics

Cherie we are thinking of you today here on the Roswell board and we are praying to you always! I know you are looking down on all of us.
Old 04-26-2019, 04:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I wish I could have known her!

Old 04-26-2019, 11:20 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Me too! She was amazing! Like I said I never met her only in Cyber Space but I know she was a one of a kind poster here and a beloved friend to those who knew her.

I am glad I got to know her through her Roswell stories and from her posts.
Old 04-29-2019, 10:04 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for posting this again Erin

Cherie was a joyful presence on this board!! I loved her poetry I did get to meet her at the NYC fan thing. She was a delight in person too

She is at the very tip top of this picture....not a great shot of her but fitting she was up there at the top

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by Roswell 10/2/00; 04-29-2019 at 07:44 PM
podmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 04:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I see you, Podmom!

Reply   Post New Thread