Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2019, 04:32 AM
Master Fan

Hmm.....that is a real interesting thought, I always assumed she destroyed them since we never saw either again, similar maybe to the power she had in wipeout against the skins but, alas, no proof. I’m going to look at the subsequent episodes to see if I can get something to work!
I already have an idea about Ava since we KNOW she is still out there somewhere
Old 04-18-2019, 07:29 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I thought Lonnie and Rath escaped because it wasn't like we saw bodies or flaky skin flying around the room when Max found her in NY.
Old 04-18-2019, 02:26 PM
Master Fan

Now that I am thinking about this that does makes sense. Lonnie and Rath were not skins so they wouldn’t have disintegrated in the same way and she wouldn’t have had the power to make them disappear. I already have an idea for Ava, now have to figure out L and R’s part. After all if they are still alive as we are assuming now, they wouldn’t have left the Roswell crew alone forever....
Zan will save his mom....he is the good that came from her and he will find her!
After all she left Antar with him and risked everything to keep him safe. Her life was all about him at that point and her sole purpose was to keep him safe even if it meant leaving him and I have already imagined that good bye we never saw on screen that fateful night before she left with Liz.

Last edited by JournalingJedi; 04-18-2019 at 02:38 PM
Old 04-18-2019, 03:13 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JournalingJedi (View Post)
I don’t believe she felt that careless towards him.
See, I don't like the whole "woman scorned" trope, but... Well... For lack of better phrase, I'm going to go with this. I always got the impression in that whole episode that Tess is deeply hurt and angry. Just remember how she reacted when Max kissed her and then she got that flash of Max kissing Liz maybe an hour prior that? Yeah. She was upset. And even then she said "Well, you will have other things on your mind at home" or something like that. That was clearly a jibe. And then in their last scene... You know, Max assumes a lot of things... Tess kind of just lets him think the worst of her, but we never truly hear the full story. Just a bunch of assumptions and Tess lashing out a lot. But... we do not have a reliable narrator of that story, ever.

I do not think that means she would have necessarily gone through with the plan of giving the other 3 up to Khivar. I don't think that was ever her original plan, to begin with.
I think the worst case scenario is that Tess would have given up the others in case they refuse to help her against Khivar. I think her priority was always to fulfill her Destiny and get back on the throne of Antar and end the civil war. Preferably with Max and the others by her side. I think that was her plan all along.

But if they refuse to cooperate, then maybe she would have taken Khivar's deal too. Then again, easy for her to say "yeah, I totally would have given the others up" if they refuse to go with her because it literally means she CAN NOT give them up. So... she can say that she would have done it, to save face. In front of Khivar (in a "yeah, yeah, I totally am on your side, don't you see? I totally would have done what you wanted" way), but also in front of Max in a "well, I don't care that you do not love me because I don't love you either, see? I was ready to hand you over to your enemy" way. Like I've said, I think Tess is very deeply hurt and angry in that scene. And she wants to hurt Max too. And she does. Because you can't tell me that Max is not hurt by her words too.

There are other metas out there saying that while Tess loved the other hybrids but she would have given them up for the Greater Good. Which in her mind was clearly to get her son on the throne. I think there can be some level of truth in that too.

Tess is such a complex character with very complex motivations, so it's hard to pinpoint down why she does what she does to one reason only.

But for one thing... I've never felt like she had this great master plan, some people seem to think she had. I think she had priorities. (And those priorities were also changing through the season as she learned what it is like to have a real family, and she struggled with that too, a lot, I believe. Because she did believe their Quest was important. And you know... She was not wrong about that part.) But a plan? Naaah, not really. Other than "going home" and taking back the crown or whatever. But she always kept adapting to her circumstances. After she accidentally (and how freaking scary that must have been for her! Tess is not a murderer, not back then, she is just a 17 year old girl with a LOT on her shoulders) killed Alex, I'm sure she felt like she had no other options but to go back to Antar. Even if she wanted to stay by that point. That's why her character is so tragic, imo.

The other thing, I think, what is something we should consider is that Khivar and Tess are political players too. The other 3 hybrids never truly grasped that aspect of there destiny, cause they weren't raised like Tess, but it's there. Tess is not the hybrid Khivar truly wants as an ally, and she knows that. And Khivar must also know that he is not Tess' first choice as an ally. They may act like they had an agreement but I think they both knew the other would turn their back on that "agreement" any time, if they had the chance. They were never true allies. They were always enemies, at the end of the day.
Old 04-18-2019, 03:14 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Now that I am thinking about this that does makes sense. Lonnie and Rath were not skins so they wouldn’t have disintegrated in the same way and she wouldn’t have had the power to make them disappear. I already have an idea for Ava, now have to figure out L and R’s part. After all if they are still alive as we are assuming now, they wouldn’t have left the Roswell crew alone forever....
Zan will save his mom....he is the good that came from her and he will find her!
After all she left Antar with him and risked everything to keep him safe. Her life was all about him at that point and her sole purpose was to keep him safe even if it meant leaving him and I have already imagined that good bye we never saw on screen that fateful night before she left with Liz.
This story is going to break my heart, and I can't wait!
Old 04-18-2019, 07:51 PM
Master Fan

I am definitely in the camp that she did not have a well thought out plan. I believe she was adapting and figuring it out as best she could alone. She wasn’t raised like the other three. Even Michael had Max and Isabel. She had no one. Then to be almost completely rejected by this family pushed her already barely hanging on by a thread human side over the tipping point,
I’m still building her story and I’ve been reading other fan fics I can find on her to see what else has already been done with her character. It’s a shame how more then a few portray her in such an awful manner.

Tess knew way more about the destiny and politics then the other three and because of Nacedo raising her she was more crafty by the environment she was raised. Really she is the most tragic character... raised by a twisted killer, rejected by her destiny, inadvertently (I believe also she meant no harm intended) kills a beloved person of said people she is trying to join, then the possible rejection on Antar. Complex character indeed.
Old 04-19-2019, 01:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I think a lot of people don't realize how deeply unhappy Tess must have been before she found the others. She just wanted a home & a family, & she had memories of what that used to be like, so she knew what she was looking for. Then she found the others, hoping to finally get the acceptance she craved, but she was treated like an outsider & slowly realized that they weren't interested in going home at all. It's a heartbreaking story really. She would have been fiercely loyal to them if they had just given a little in return, but they didn't - still, I don't think she ever would have been involved in a plot to kill them.
Old 04-19-2019, 12:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I like to think Tess would've landed with the other 3 on Antar and found some way to escape Kivar / his guards. Maybe she would've told them about Nasedo's deal (and I still think it was a ****ty thing of the writers to ruin his character) on the way to their planet and came up with a plan to evade Kivar / his supporters.
Old 04-19-2019, 05:21 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMouse (View Post)
I like to think Tess would've landed with the other 3 on Antar and found some way to escape Kivar / his guards. Maybe she would've told them about Nasedo's deal (and I still think it was a ****ty thing of the writers to ruin his character) on the way to their planet and came up with a plan to evade Kivar / his supporters.
I agree, I don’t think she’d turn Max in, I do believe she did love him. She was hurt and lashed out in defense of all that was happening. We don’t know what exactly happened on that planet, but she did bring Zan back .....to Max....
Old 04-20-2019, 01:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I agree, she would have done everything she could to find another way, & I think she would have succeeded
Old 04-20-2019, 06:37 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I agree, I don’t think she’d turn Max in, I do believe she did love him. She was hurt and lashed out in defense of all that was happening. We don’t know what exactly happened on that planet, but she did bring Zan back .....to Max....
Exactly!

This is what I meant when I said it was "easy" for her to say she would have done it when it was already very clear that she has no actual chance of doing it (turning them in). But I do think the original plan was always to fight together with the others against Kivar.

Sometimes I think about what may have happened on Antar... Whatever it was, it must have been deeply traumatizing because... Well, back at Earth Tess kills those scientists... and she seems... well, she is certainly not happy about it, I think it hurts her a lot deep down what she had to "become", but that whole "I didn't stop to count" attitude? That's the attitude of someone who had to survive a lot of **** in the past year.

Just compare that to how horrified she was when she first learned from Max (I think?) that Nasedo did kill humans in the past.
Old 04-20-2019, 11:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

ICA, not to mention I think she was a lot stronger then we had seen her before, she'd definitely had to use her powers a lot more & learnt to fight with them!

Showed us that she was a real survivor though, I still think that she didn't die in that explosion
Old 04-20-2019, 12:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It got very annoying when the gang used a Holier Than Thou attitude against her. They did not understand one percentage of what she had to go through.
Old 04-20-2019, 01:22 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva Duckling (View Post)
Exactly!

This is what I meant when I said it was "easy" for her to say she would have done it when it was already very clear that she has no actual chance of doing it (turning them in). But I do think the original plan was always to fight together with the others against Kivar.

Sometimes I think about what may have happened on Antar... Whatever it was, it must have been deeply traumatizing because... Well, back at Earth Tess kills those scientists... and she seems... well, she is certainly not happy about it, I think it hurts her a lot deep down what she had to "become", but that whole "I didn't stop to count" attitude? That's the attitude of someone who had to survive a lot of **** in the past year.

Just compare that to how horrified she was when she first learned from Max (I think?) that Nasedo did kill humans in the past.
She was genuinely shocked about the revelation of Nasedo so even Nasedo protected her from his killing. She honestly didn’t know about what Nasedo did. She did see herself as very different then humans, unlike the other three, but she wasn’t a cold blooded killer. Alex was an accident. Not premeditated.

The chilling conversation about what happened with the scientists is telling that Tess had survived something horrific on Antar and I believe at that point she didn’t have much faith in Humans or Antarians. I’ve been thinking of what the story is behind her leaving and returning to earth. Seems like a big risk to take her baby across galaxies and return to a planet and people that you didn’t exactly leave on good terms.

In the end she trusted Max with Zan. She never wanted Max dead.....she loved him, it had to sting when Max responds with how could I ever love you? Max and Tess is the tragic love story.

Last edited by JournalingJedi; 04-20-2019 at 01:29 PM
Old 04-20-2019, 04:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Max and Tess is the tragic love story.

And if the show started with Zan/Ava's story then more people would've been on board the MT ship.

Do you think Tess expected Max to give Zan up for adoption?