Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2018, 07:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

It was obvious that they just had no idea how else to tie up that loose end. The lengths they went to to prevent Max from having to take responsibility for his own child...
Old 10-25-2018, 08:37 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Max really was babied throughout the whole series. Is it wrong to say that it makes sense that male writers wrote it?
Old 10-25-2018, 09:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

No, I totally get what you mean
Old 10-25-2018, 06:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I feel like if a female character behaved the way he behaved, there'd be so much hate directed towards her.
Old 10-26-2018, 06:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Oh definitely, but having said that I don't feel like many people were that invested in his character in the first place. They just wanted him with Liz, didn't really care about his actions outside of that
Old 10-26-2018, 07:44 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Good point. They didn't really care about him being a good king or saving a planet. They cared about him making out with the main girl - who could've been interchangeable, really.
Which I guess still happens. I'm mainly thinking about Once Upon a Time. No one cared about how Hook became boring and useless once he was put with Emma. They cared about him making out with Emma and being her lapdog.

A lot of it must be because female viewers want to pretend they are Liz getting to make out with the hot guy or pretend they are Emma making out with the hot guy.
Old 10-26-2018, 09:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I definitely think that there's partly a self-insert thing going on there, & they just want to 'win'

I didn't watch OUAT ever though, so I can't really comment on that
Old 10-26-2018, 09:50 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

I feel that Michael was more of a leader then Max. At least Michael wanted answers and took charge of things. Max I feel never became the King he was destined to be.

In Destiny we saw the King it was destined to be when he was questioning Pierce!

Quote:
(In the auditorium.)
Max: Good evening, Agent Pierce. You know who I am. I know who you are. And now you're going to tell me everything.
Agent Pierce: I've got nothing to say.
Max: We can do this the easy way or the hard way. It's up to you. What happened to Nasedo? Did you capture him? Did you Kill him? Tell me?
Max: What happened to Nasedo? Where is he? You know what I can do to you. Tell me what I'm asking or I will take you apart piece by piece and make sure you stay conscious enough to feel every second of it.
Agent Pierce: Untie me and I'll take you to him.
Max: So you do know where he is.
Aw that scene!

However after that in other seasons the prediction of Max as the King he was destined to be never came to be.
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 10-26-2018, 12:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

He did have his moments, I really like his attitude in 2x01, he's scared, but he wants to figure it out. He wants to do what it takes to be a good leader, but then he spends the rest of the season running & hiding from it all!
Old 10-27-2018, 10:20 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Yes as my friend Carolyn aka Roswool said "In season 3 Max totally was a dead beat Dad! Here he is running off to Hollywood to become an actor while Michael is working two jobs to pay the rent"
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 10-28-2018, 06:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Yeah, & I think it says a lot that that's when Max was at his worst character-wise, when the writers were pretty much just trying to appease the fans
Old 10-29-2018, 09:08 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
& they just want to 'win'
this is sooooooooo incredibly true.

I never knew a show that wanted to appease fans to ever retain its quality. You'd think producers would've learned by now,
Old 10-29-2018, 04:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Yeah, I think every show goes downhill when it just starts pandering to fans - & of course it's a lot worse now, because there's way more communication between fans & writers. I guess it's hard not to fall into that trap, considering pretty much every show has done it...
Old 10-29-2018, 05:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

And when fans don't get their way they take to twitter to harass the creators. Why not put that energy into something that actually matters? Into something that isn't fiction?
Old 10-29-2018, 05:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Yeah, I can't believe how far they go! I have never sent hate to a writer/actor/whatever in my life, & not to people that like the ships that I hate, I don't get it all! There are enough things to get that kind of angry about in real life, when it comes to tv shows, I just try to focus on the parts of it that I do like. Anything else is just a waste of my energy.