Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Ewan McGregor

I agree the colors are gorgeous,
Old 04-11-2018, 08:13 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

I am amazed with how the OP came out! It's about time! Just beautiful!
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Roswell 10/2/00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 07:14 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Ewan McGregor

yea, the old OP hadn't changed all the much since the early threads.
Old 04-12-2018, 09:50 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Books and Writing
The 90s

I always wanted to like them. The backstory for them is something I love. I was just too much in love with Liz and Max.

April
Drunk On You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 06:32 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Ewan McGregor

Which goes back to me saying, if Max/Tess were introduced first they would've been THE SHIP of the show, because they had the best and most unique story of any couple on the show. Tess was introduced too late and people were already too dedicated to ML, and not willing to multi-ship.
Old 04-13-2018, 06:30 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk On You (View Post)
I always wanted to like them. The backstory for them is something I love. I was just too much in love with Liz and Max.
I agree even though I am a dreamer at heart. I do love and appreciate the Rebels background story and I love how Tess never gave up on love. I admire that about her. I love and still tear up when Max says I remember you. it was such a beautiful moment!

I agree I mean we heard so much about the background story from other characters I wanted some Rebel flashbacks!

I mean the most we got was from Brody aka Laryak in Off The Menu! I for one wanted more.

I also wanted to know what happened to Isabel and Michael and the baby dreams? We never got an answer to that one.
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
Old 04-13-2018, 08:28 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Books and Writing
The 90s

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMouse (View Post)
Which goes back to me saying, if Max/Tess were introduced first they would've been THE SHIP of the show, because they had the best and most unique story of any couple on the show. Tess was introduced too late and people were already too dedicated to ML, and not willing to multi-ship.
This!

April
Old 04-13-2018, 09:19 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Yes I agree.

I feel the same thing happend with Jessie he was introduced too fast too soon in season 3 so people never warmed up to him and Isabel.

I feel if they had shown the relationship progress then it wouldn't of been such a shock to all of us fans with the lose of Alex.
Old 04-15-2018, 01:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Ewan McGregor

yea, writers need to realize - and this isn't just a Roswell problem, but a writers of all shows problem - that no one is going to be super invested in a couple if the audience doesn't get to see their buildup. That's wha's part of the fun, getting to see them fall for each other. Showing a couple that's already skipped the juicy stuff is whatever.
Old 04-16-2018, 02:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

I agree, Isabel & Jesse got married after 6 episodes! No one was ever going to root for them!

I do think that if they had persevered with Max/Tess - not even in a romantic way, but maybe with them deciding that in this life they were better off as friends & if that ever changed, they'd be happy to embrace that - the fans would have backed off. No one likes when a new character is introduced who gets in between their ship, but Tess was a great character & her dynamic with Max had so much potential that needed to be explored. There would always be people who hated her no matter what, but the writers should have stuck to actually trying to write a good story instead of just caving to them.
Old 04-16-2018, 06:52 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Books and Writing
The 90s

Or give the a real good reason to root for them.

April
Old 04-16-2018, 08:11 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Yes throwing in Jessie was a disaster. I mean I did enjoy his character. He did grow on me as the season went on but I feel to throw him in the season opener with no introduction what so ever was crazy.

I would of loved for him to come into the show with a slower storyline. Sure he could of been the lawyer representing Max and Liz in Busted in season 3. Maybe that could of been the first time Isabel mets Jessie. Then we could of seen how he helped Isabel with her learning to move on from Alex while keeping her secret even more hidden.

I wanted more flashbacks from the summer before Busted happend and to see how Isabel met Jessie and reasons why Isabel loved him. I remember how everyone was like this is so creepy she is 18 in college and he is 26. Granted Isabel did date Grant in season 2 who was much older as well.

I think if they had shown a great story between Isabel and Jessie then I think fans would of warmed up to Jessie more because of that. Instead of her making out with her Dad's co worker first episode and then marries him after 5 episodes later.

I am glad we saw a friendship grow between Tess and Max. I think it helped a lot when in later seasons you saw why he was drawn to her.

Last edited by Roswell 10/2/00; 04-16-2018 at 08:18 PM
Old 04-17-2018, 06:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Ewan McGregor

Quote:
I agree, Isabel & Jesse got married after 6 episodes! No one was ever going to root for them!
6 episodes is nuts. Fastest marriage in tv history!

I really, really was disappointed that they got rid of a dynamic character like Tess and replaced her with random Jessie, who added nothing to the mythology of the show.

If they really wanted to do Isabel/Jessie, they should've introduced him after the s3 premiere and made him less random.
Old 04-17-2018, 08:15 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Totally agree.

Jessie could of been more liked of they started his character off slow. I mean look at what they did to Kivar! What a let down! close to 2 seasons of hearing about him and bam he is in less the an episode and a half! He sure was no Vader thats for sure.

I mean this was the man who destroyed kindoms and planets and what do we get a love sick frat boy chashing after his long lost crush!
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top