Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-14-2017, 10:55 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Not much Carina MacKenzie has only worked on The Originals, The Flash, and did a commentary video for the Vampire Diaries according to her IMDB page.

Carina Adly MacKenzie - IMDb

Intagram page for Carina MacKenzie

https://www.instagram.com/p/BaKYNqLl...n-by=cadlymack

This already looks like it is going to be a disaster!
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!

Last edited by Roswell 10/2/00; 10-14-2017 at 11:01 PM
Roswell 10/2/00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 02:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Ewan McGregor

eek The Originals and especially TVD took a huge nosedive in quality.
Old 10-15-2017, 10:12 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

I agree so you know where this Roswell Reboot I mean New Show is heading! Maybe thats a good thing let it crash and burn and leave our Roswell alone!
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08

Last edited by Roswell 10/2/00; 10-15-2017 at 10:18 PM
Old 10-16-2017, 08:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMouse (View Post)
What else has the producer worked on?

I would SO be here for a baby Zan spinoff. And I'd love it more if Zan was like his mom where he's unafraid of his alien side, unlike his dad.
Mostly the Originals but TVD before that, not only are both shows pretty terrible, but all their relationships are so problematic & gross. I'm never gonna watch something involving someone who has worked on shows aimed at young women painting abusive relationships as romantic. Just no way. Can't wait to see her fail.
Old 10-16-2017, 09:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Ewan McGregor

I fear how they're going to make the cop character look with the current climate surrounding law enforcement. I will not be shocked if they make him have power trips and be a ****ty boyfriend.
Old 10-16-2017, 12:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm sure that he'll have his 'dark' moments that are meant to be 'sexy' - that seems to be what she likes...

I'm not crazy about this immigration metaphor either - it could work, but the fact that it's mentioned in the description already makes me think that they're just gonna beat you over the head with it.
Old 10-16-2017, 07:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Ewan McGregor

Quote:
I'm sure that he'll have his 'dark' moments that are meant to be 'sexy' - that seems to be what she likes...
His Tumblr tag will give me heartburn if I ever venture in there.

Quote:
I'm not crazy about this immigration metaphor either - it could work, but the fact that it's mentioned in the description already makes me think that they're just gonna beat you over the head with it.
It's like Supergirl and how they always throw in a quote from Kara talking about "I'm an alien." It's very heavy handed and obvious. And then they also have Callista Flockhart's character always talking about how sh**** the president is and I just want escapism. I don't want my show to beat me over the head with real life.
Old 10-17-2017, 04:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't mind when shows have deeper meanings, but I want to analyse that kind of thing, I don't want it right there in my face. I want to figure it out. It's a fine balance that very few shows get right imo.

I think I'm gonna avoid this reboot like the plague
Old 10-17-2017, 06:52 PM
Master Fan

maybe I will be surprised when one of you guys actually watch the show...and like it..... then I will check it out but till then the premise of illegal alien Liz and the implications of political preaching make me very skeptical....I would look at a show about teen aliens to obviously escape the deep problems of today.

So far my critique is
Old 10-17-2017, 10:42 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

I totally agree Lilmouse and Podmom It's one thing I loved about the original show it was really not that political at all!

Why does everything have to be political now a days! I am not here to get into a political debate. I hate talking politics I feel everyone gets so passionate and I hate how family and friendships can get so divided over different topics and issues or lose friends as a result. I feel everyone has the right to believe what they want to believe.

However I feel after a while politics can be so exhausting especially in todays society with social media and the internet. You need a break! Can't we just enjoy ourselves and escape for a few hours!

Roswell was just a great way to escape for a few hours! My college friends and I would have viewing parties back in the day! It was the best! I loved the love story and the characters. It was teenage alienation at it's best and I loved how Roswell taugh us to believe in something more to love our fellow man and to respect one another.

This new show sounds like it's soul bases is to make it political with a love story thrown in at the last minute.

I read the Roswell High books and this new plot for the new show sounds nothing like them. Not even close!

If I were Melinda Metz I would be so upset! Roswell was her baby! I wonder what the original cast thinks about this New show as well?

I hope this new show crashes and burns!
Old 10-24-2017, 08:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Ewan McGregor

Is Melinda also a producer on the new show?
Old 10-24-2017, 03:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I imagine not....

I agree that Roswell wasn't a political show, I do think it was a metaphor for the outsiders though, the people that feel like they can't share who they really are & Max's speech in Graduation really confirmed that imo. I think that's why people could connect to these characters that were aliens because they saw their own insecurities & the walls they put up in them.

Anyway, back to this scene

Old 10-24-2017, 10:02 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Totally agree! We all saw ourself in these characters.

Great gifs!
Old 10-25-2017, 12:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I love how Max didn't want to hide his relationship with Tess
Old 10-25-2017, 09:46 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

It was a huge step for them!
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top