Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2018, 10:49 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMouse (View Post)
It'll be interesting to see how long the Roswell reboot lasts. But I kind of don't see it as a Roswell reboot at all cause the storyline is totally different.
I hope it crashes and burns! Personally I think it is a slap in the face to all of us die hard Roswell fans!

I hope the WB aka CW does not pick up the project. They tried a teen alien drama with Starcrossed and it failed after 13 episodes. The Roswell fans were in full force on twitter for that one!
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 02-06-2018, 07:52 AM
Fan Forum Legend

ugh, Starcrossed. I can remember they tried to have a Michael character and it didn't work.
Old 02-06-2018, 01:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I thought Starcrossed looked terrible from the beginning, can't say I was surprised when that show failed
Old 02-06-2018, 06:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

As much as I was disappointed by Roswell, at least I can say Roswell did have magical moments and the cast worked well together. Starcrossed...not so much.

btw OUAT was canceled
Old 02-06-2018, 10:22 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

[QUOTE=LilMouse;92966426]As much as I was disappointed by Roswell, at least I can say Roswell did have magical moments and the cast worked well together. Star-crossed...not so much. [quote]

Totally agree with you there! I loved how Roswell was shot! Star-crossed not so much. I didn't feel any chemistry with the leads at all.

Quote:
btw OUAT was canceled
It's about time!
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
Old 02-07-2018, 08:20 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Now my favorites from OUAT can really fly free and get good work.
Old 02-07-2018, 10:41 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Totally! Its' about time!

OK so there have been new updates since we last spoke. It looks like this NEW show is about invade like the skins in Wipe Out.

Here is the IMDB page for they clams that Roswell is a "TV movie". This is the summary:

Quote:
A reboot of the teen drama, 'Roswell', which centered on the residents of Roswell, New Mexico where aliens lived undercover among humans.
Yeah right we all know this is a NEW show! Not our Roswell!

They also have down that Carina Adly MacKenzie is the writer.

Roswell (TV Movie) - IMDb

Then Shiri Appleby claimed in an article that she wanted to direct the Roswell Reboot aka New Show and have Jason in it. From what I know non of the original cast said yes sign me up for this!

https://www.usmagazine.com/entertain...ant-to-direct/

To which Carina Adly MacKenzie commented on her twitter page

https://mobile.twitter.com/cadlymack?p=s

Quote:
carina adly mackenzie
@cadlymack
8h
Yes please, @ShiriAppleby.
According to Carina Adly MacKenzie twitter page this is her first TV pilot!

Plus she sounds so immature in her responses and posts to people!

I tell you right now it will not be as magical as how David Nutter directed it or how Jason Katism wrote it! This reboot aka NEW show will not be a tribute to Melinda Metz beautiful work on the Roswell High series like the original Roswell was!

I hope this crashes and burns this new show!

Be ready to take our Roswell back on twitter! We need tage lines like #TheRealRoswell #Roswell99 Just something to get the CW attention to let them know we are not happy and still remember and believe all these years later.

We did this for Star-crossed and it was awesome! We did a #RememberRoswell Campaign that I thought of. Some of you made some amazing art and fan videos for it! Some of the Starcrossed cast even noticed the tweets and said how they loved Roswell or wanted to check out the buzz behind the show. it was awesome!

Roswell Oracle wrote about it on his site.

You can see the fan art as well in the link.

Roswell Fan Campaigns

Quote:
What is the #RememberRoswell Campaign?
This campaign is to try to raise awareness about Roswell for old and new fans.

A new sci-fi show is starting February 17th on the CW network, called Star-Crossed. It is about aliens on Earth and a star-crossed alien/human love story. Sound familiar?
Well, it is somewhat similar to Roswell, but pretty different too. You can see a show overview here.

Not to mention that October 6, 2014 is the 15 year anniversary of when Roswell aired, and the year that Future Max said the world ended.

A Roswell fan, Roswell 10/2/00, came up with the great idea to promote Roswell using the new show Star-Crossed.

How can you help?
We are inviting all you Roswell fans out there to tweet about Roswell on February 17, 2014.

If we can get enough people tweeting about Roswell, we will bring a lot of positive attention to our beloved show, and hopefully get some new fans and bring some old fans out of hiding.

“Every Roswell fan should hash tag #StarCrossed #RememberRoswell in their tweet. So anyone watching star crossed a Roswell reference will pop up during the twitter feed.” – Roswell 10/2/00

Keep your tweets positive and focused on Roswell!
- Tell the Star-Crossed watchers why Roswell was great, and why they should be watching it.
- Relate why you still love the show, or tell about the epic romances.
- Explain about the star-crossed love of Max and Liz.
- Post your favorite quotes, favorite moments or story lines.
- Or use your own ideas to tell how The world changed because a boy loved a girl.

- And be sure to include #StarCrossed #RememberRoswell in every tweet!
So we can totally do something similar to let fans know we still remember the REAL Roswell!

I am not against Roswell but this is not a reboot its a NEW show! Personally it is a slap in the face to all the fans who fought for Roswell on the Wb and UPN! It don't look hopefully with Carina Adly MacKenzie running this mother ship!

Thank a lot WB aka CW! Nice try! The Real Roswell fans know! We are not blind!
Old 02-09-2018, 07:30 AM
Fan Forum Legend

thanks for that
Old 02-09-2018, 09:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I would probably be a little open to it, if it wasn't Carina Mckenzie at the helm - you said that she sounds immature, & trust me, she will be a nightmare as a showrunner. She's just gonna focus on the ships, pretend that she's 'woke' as she writes misogynistic, abusive & racist storylines & label anyone who criticizes that as a 'hater'.

It's interesting to see that some of the original cast are being positive about the show (for now), but I would really advise all of them to stay as far away from it as they can.
Old 02-09-2018, 11:43 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

I agree. Carina Mckenzie looks like she is just trying to make a name for herself. She has no real experience. Her comments on Twitter and instagram and really imature. No depth or maturity. I don't see her being a creative person and understanding elements of scifi or the passion the fans have for Roswell.

For what I know most of the cast is not "great sign me up for the Roswell reboot". it seems they are not interested.

Brenadn and Majandra have already started to vent on twitter about the Roswell reboot They want Baron and Toluca to happen. It is a passion project from Majandra. Majandra even said on twitter how it is a new show and not the Roswell we think it is.

Majandra on twitter
https://mobile.twitter.com/ChelleBen...37478214709248

Quote:
Majandra Delfino
@MajandraD
Jan 31
I am getting so many questions that i have to address this reboot. It’s not a real reboot in the classic sense. There’s no Maria and Michael or Liz and Max. Or anything related to the Roswell everyone knows and loves. Completely new story. Completely different thing except title.

View details ·

Chelle B
@ChelleBen21
Replying to @MajandraD

Everything except title so they can trick viewers thinking they're going to watch original Roswell. And that if they accidentally watch this, then they'll keep on watching...
To which the Twitter conversation went to this.
https://mobile.twitter.com/MajandraD...6111059968?p=v
Quote:
@MajandraD You said it I didn’t ������������ twitter.com/chelleben21/st…
9:19 AM - 31 Jan 2018

victor manuel
@necron1979
Jan 31
Replying to @MajandraD

When ...? Saludos pic.twitter.com/6KcW5HVJ8q
View conversation ·
Debby#RoswellBack
@jedeamjo
Jan 31

Replying to @MajandraD
I Agree
View conversation ·

Nomi Loveletters
@9loveletters9
Jan 31
Replying to @MajandraD

Agreed! Haha love you Majandra!
View conversation ·

Chelle B
@ChelleBen21
Jan 31
Replying to @MajandraD
It's insulting how stupid they think we are. Have they never heard of this small thing called social media?! What makes it worse is that scifi fans are the smartest fans around, we won't be fooled by shenanigans.
View conversation ·
Marissa hall
@resanad
Jan 31
Replying to @MajandraD @BaronAndToluca @unrealfehr
When I first heard about the Roswell reboot was a little happy but then they said it will have a different story line and different cast at that point I was like hell no i rather watch @BaronAndToluca because of you @MajandraD and @unrealfehr the promo done me in ������
View conversation ·
broadband bloods
@brookcty
Jan 31
Replying to @MajandraD
I'm so upset they have the nerve to even link that trash to beautiful Roswell... I agree
View conversation ·
Karmen Jackson
@KarmenJackson85
Jan 31
Replying to @resanad @MajandraD and 2 others
I’m so pissed about this reboot. I’ll give it a chance. But I know it’s going to be utter crap. #BandT
View conversation ·
Ana������������
@Ana_Mation
Feb 1
Replying to @MajandraD
Its the same thing they’re doing with Charmed������
View conversation ·
sarah.
@sundaytrain
Feb 1
Replying to @MajandraD
I won’t be wasting my time on flop, if it’s not a revival then I don’t care. They are simply taking advantage of the success and popularity of the original Show, our Roswell and think ppl will fall for it. All I want is getting B+T on our screen. I want to this show!
Old 02-10-2018, 04:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
It's interesting to see that some of the original cast are being positive about the show (for now), but I would really advise all of them to stay as far away from it as they can.
And are they being positive just cause as actors they always have to be positive otherwise they risk backlash?
Old 02-10-2018, 09:39 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

At least Majandra said on twitter that the show was not a reboot at all adn that it is a new show all the way. She kind of told the fans in someways for not wanting to watch it. By her saying "you said it I didn't." and post fan reaction to the reboot aka New show was great! Its her way of saying she agrees with them without getting involved.

Yes it all PR but I am glad at least Majandra said something about the reboot aka New show and said it is a new show all the way.
Old 02-14-2018, 08:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMouse (View Post)
And are they being positive just cause as actors they always have to be positive otherwise they risk backlash?
I think it's a bit of a mix. Partly profesionalism, but also, for some who don't always have a lot of work, might want to do a guest stint. I realise it's a new show, so I don't mean they'd be back as their Roswell characters, but just a guest spot that could get hyped up - like how Smallville used to have lots of other Superman actors showing up & playing random characters.
Old 02-14-2018, 09:04 AM
Fan Forum Legend

ah yes, Majandra can be a storekeeper or librarian or whatever and if the writers are cheeky they'd name her Liz.
Old 02-14-2018, 09:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Yeah, I could definitely see something like that happening in an effort to pull in some Roswell fans