Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2017, 06:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Rebel Alliance #271: 17 Years of Fangirling over Max & Tess and still going strong!

THE REBEL ALLIANCE: MAX/TESS 'SHIPPERS

The Rebel Alliance, are the Max and Tess 'shippers. We like Max and Tess as a couple and we talk about that (among other things.) Some of our views may not be popular, but this thread is the place we have been given to express them. So if you don't like it, there
are other places to go where you can express it. That place is not here. If you don't 'ship Max and Tess we're fine with that and we love everyone to post here no matter what you support. But this is a Rebel thread, it's what we talk about and it's hard to feel comfortable expressing that when you have to be careful about "stepping" on anyones toes.

How the Shipper name Rebel aka The Rebel Alliance was born according to Roswell fan sites

Rebel - Max/Tess (as a group The Rebel Alliance)
Origin - because the fans of Max & Tess were fighting such overwhelming odds against the Dreamers,
they called themselves the Rebel Alliance - like in Star Wars

Where it all began. Jason Behr and Emilie De Raven audition tape for Max and Tess. Cut scene from Crazy or Tess Lies and Video Tape?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuMuAY-ydqY

Quotes from our Rebels Jason and Emilie about working together on Roswell:

~Finnish website lily.fi Interview~
Date:January 2012
Sorce:Finnish website lily.fi

When lily.fi asked her about her former Roswell co-star Jason Behr, Emilie told them that they are really testing her memory.

“At that time I was an eighteen year old beginner and Roswell was my first big acting job. I asked Jason and the others for advices all the time and I asked them to tell me how things work. He was very supportive and a good friend.”

----------------------------------------------------

~TV Guide Channel Insider Roswell Cast Interview~
Date: July 2000.
Sorce: TV Guide Channel

Jason and Emilie taking about their characters in season 2.

Roswell Other Advertising Videos

TV Guide Voice Over: "And is not clear where things stand between Liz and Max. In lasts season final episode Max learns his destiny is to be with Tess and to be the leader of his people."

Jason: "He'll struggle with the choice of deciding to live that life that he has created for himself with Liz, and his family, and his friends in Roswell, or to choose to accept this responsibility [Of being a leader and being with Tess] and let that lead him where it takes him.

Emilie:I'm sure the'll make something of that, it's just harder at the moment. It's kind of you know a love triangle I guess at the moment, which is really interesting to work with."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~The Fourth Alien: Emilie de Ravin Learns All About Otherworldly Roswell Love~
Date: May 2001
Source: Starlog Magazine

She speaks highly of her working relationship with Jason Behr (Max) , Brendan Fehr (Michael) and Katherine Heigl (Isabel), who share the challenge of breathing life into alien characters. "We get along and we strategize well. When we have scenes together, we rehearse for a while and get it down, really working at the intricacies we find. We talk about the movements of the scene and the things we may want to change. We work well together, and we're usually pretty happy with the scenes involving the four of us."

But de Ravin is quick to point out that, in terms of on-set relationships, she hasn't seen any gravitation of the actors into alien and human camps. "We all realize none of us are aliens," she laughs. "We all get on. It's a fun set."
-----------------------------------------------
The budding relationship between Tess and Kyle will not blossom into a romance, however. In the season's final episodes, says de Ravin, "Kyle tells Tess he feels she is she a sister to him. He really cares about her, but not in a romantic way. Tess is totally fine with that. She never really had a thing for him, although she has played with his emotions- but not in a bad way. She likes him a lot, but just as a friend. They're both relieved about getting all that out into the open."

Does the actress agree with the writers' resolution to that [Kyle and Tess] relationship? "Yes, I do, because of the way that my relationship grows with Max. It's going to be, um, kind of full bore."

Max and Liz have a big blow-up, de Ravin relates, and Liz tells Max she's not interested in him anymore. Besides, Liz has a new love interest at the moment: Sean De Luca, Maria's cousin. "Yes, another little hot boy," de Ravin chuckles. "That's a funny, cute relationship Liz and Sean have going. And it leaves it open for Max and Tess to get together. I think the writers have been trying to make this happen for a while, but it was a hard transition for the viewers. It had to be taken very gently because the fans were so used to seeing Max with Liz."

Please keep in mind...

As with all threads this one is moderated. Roswell 10/2/00 is the kickass mod who has been assigned to us. But we are sure that other mods are also keeping an eye on us.

Don't bash our ideas or what we support.

Don't bash our ideas or what we support. Just in case you didn't get that the first time.

Don't bash our ideas or what we support. Just in case you didn't get that the first and second time. It's not what the Rebels are about and not what Roswell is about either.

Links

Emilie De Ravin Board

Jason Behr Board

Bandbabe's Tomato Soup Online -- Rebel fanfic!

Forever Waiting - Max & Tess Collection

The first person to post on page 21 is the starter of a new Rebel Thread. However if it's a special number you can call it. If you do get post 300 and don't want to do it, someone else will help you out gladly.

If you're a newbie, introduce yourself.. we love fresh ideas and fresh blood ... anyone who loves Max and Tess and Roswell is cool to us.

Please please (for the love of god) please! post your Max and Tess pic's, poetry, thoughts, theories and admiration pronto!

art by raincarlove

TESS FANS: READ THIS.

Hey there! If you are reading this you are obviously a Tess fan. We bet you were even directed here by a mod. If you're new to the Ros1 boards you've probably noticed and experienced the insane amounts of negativity our favorite fictional character has
generated. (Pretty impressive, isn't it?) Well negativity no more! You are now safely within the bounds of The Rebel Alliance. Sure, we're Max and Tess shippers but above all we're the biggest Tess fans around. So hang around, you'll find no one critizing our favorite evil lying manipulative skanky Antarian Queen. In fact, we embrace her. We want to be exactly like her when we grow up.

Whether you be Rebounder, Fifth Wheeler, Mindwarper, Catfighter, etc. etc. etc. you'll always be welcomed here.

But if you're still wigged at the thought of hanging with Rebels, you can always head over to the land of Chocolate and Sunshine otherwise known as the...

Emilie de Ravin Board

You'll find the above mentioned UC Tess ships with *gasp* their own threads, news about the upcoming projects of Emilie, a whole mess of Hussies (Tess Fans) talking, yapping and sometimes lamenting about Roswell or anything else. If you're a Tess fan, you'll definitely feel at home there.

And finally, say it with me... It's just a tv show!

Rebel on!

Old 10-10-2017, 08:31 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Great title and opening post! Rebel on my Rebels!
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 10-11-2017, 06:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

tftnt
Old 10-11-2017, 10:35 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

In honor of the title thread what is it that makes the Rebels so great that 17 years later we still are posting about them?
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
Old 10-11-2017, 06:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

One of the reasons for me is that the fans are the best fan group.
Old 10-12-2017, 01:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Definitely, having a community that you still want to be around is a huge part of it!
Old 10-12-2017, 05:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

there are times where I read people once really liked a ship / belonged to a Fandom and left it because the fandom sucked.
Old 10-12-2017, 09:43 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

If you heard about the Roswell reboot think again!

OK I am so upset about this! If this happens we are So taking the fandom back!

We still believe in Roswell just not this one! It's not even the original cast or storyline of Roswell!

Why can't the CW call this new show a different name leave our Roswell alone!

Tweet the CW with the #NotMyRoswell #NoRoswellReboot #LeaveRoswellAlone

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheCW

'Roswell' Reboot in the Works at The CW | Hollywood Reporter

Quote:
OCTOBER 12, 2017 12:00pm PT by Lesley Goldberg

'Roswell' Reboot in the Works at The CW

The CW is going back to Roswell.

The network is teaming with The Originals producer Carina MacKenzie for a timely reboot based on the Melinda Metz book Roswell High that also spawned the Jason Katims drama.

MacKenzie will executive produce the drama, which hails from Warner Bros. Television, Amblin Television and Bender Brown Productions. Amblin's Justin Falvey and Darryl Frank will exec produce. Lawrence Bender and Kevin Kelly Brown will exec produce for Bender Brown. Brown was among the exec producers on the Katims drama that starred Shiri Appleby and Jason Behr and ran for three seasons on The WB Network (which became The CW) and UPN.

The Originals' producer Carina MacKenzie will pen the script

The original Roswell series, produced by Regency Television and 20th Century Fox Television, was developed for Fox and was based on the YA book series Roswell High by Metz and Laura J. Burns. (Both would eventually write for the TV series.) The drama revolved around high school students in the town of Roswell, the site of a UFO incident in 1947. Behr, Katherine Heigl and Brendan Fehr starred as alien/human hybrids and Appleby as the human who fell in love with Behr's Max. The drama explored topics including forbidden love.

Reboots continue to remain in high demand this development season as broadcast, cable and streaming outlets look for proven IP in a bid to cut through a cluttered landscape of more than 450 original scripted series. Also in the works this season are reboots of The Nice Guys (Fox), True Lies (Fox), The Jetsons (ABC), The Munsters (NBC), Starsky and Hutch (Amazon) and Party of Five, the latter of which is currently being shopped. Key to the remakes is having the original producers involved in some capacity as more studios look to monetize their existing film libraries.

Immigration has become a popular topic this development season as the Trump administration threatens to end former President Barack Obama’s Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program. The CW's Roswell will explore the immigrant dynamic.

The news comes as The Originals is in production on its fifth and final season at The CW. The series will return midseason. MacKenzie is repped by WME. Bender Brown recently completed production on Netflix drama Seven Seconds and scored a Golden Globe nomination for Starz drama Flesh and Bone. It is repped by WME and Carlos Goodman and Leslie Abell.

The project, which is in development at the younger-skewing network, has an immigrant twist. Here's the official logline: "After reluctantly returning to her tourist-trap hometown of Roswell, New Mexico, the daughter of undocumented immigrants discovers a shocking truth about her teenage crush who is now a police officer: He’s an alien who has kept his unearthly abilities hidden his entire life. She protects his secret as the two reconnect and begin to investigate his origins, but when a violent attack and long-standing government cover-up point to a greater alien presence on Earth, the politics of fear and hatred threaten to expose him and destroy their deepening romance.

Last edited by Roswell 10/2/00; 10-12-2017 at 10:03 PM
Old 10-13-2017, 08:04 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I don't plan on watching the "reboot" and tbh, even if it had the characters from the original I wouldn't watch.
Old 10-13-2017, 10:39 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

I refuse to watch it and I really hope it fails! This is the CW way of trying the same old concept like Star-crossed and giving it a name like Roswell to trick people into watch it.

This is not a reboot! It's rubbish!

It's just a slap in the face to the loyal fans who had to deal with the WB antics back in the day! Roswell Tabasco Sauce Champaign happened for a reason! There is a reason we had to fight for 3 seasons!

Then the CW comes up with Star-Crossed and promote it like Roswell! Even the promo posters looked like the season 2 Roswell DVD covers!

Sorry CW but this is not a reboot call it a differnet name just not Roswell!
Old 10-13-2017, 11:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Star-Crossed makes me go ugh. I think I got 3 episodes in before quitting. It didn't have the intrigue or chemistry amongst the cast that Roswell did.
Old 10-13-2017, 12:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I never gave Star-Crossed a chance tbh, I thought the trailer looked pretty awful...

But this does sound really bad. First of all, it's on the CW, a network that I try to avoid. Secondly, I am not a fan of that producer at all & the premise sounds awful.

If some of the original producers & writers came back & did more of a spin-off - in that it took place in the same universe with the same rules & everything - I would be interested in something like that. Like something about Zan, or maybe some of the kids that Max healed.
Old 10-13-2017, 12:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I never gave Star-Crossed a chance tbh, I thought the trailer looked pretty awful...

But this does sound really bad. First of all, it's on the CW, a network that I try to avoid. Secondly, I am not a fan of that producer at all & the premise sounds awful.

If some of the original producers & writers came back & did more of a spin-off - in that it took place in the same universe with the same rules & everything - I would be interested in something like that. Like something about Zan, or maybe some of the kids that Max healed.
Old 10-13-2017, 09:20 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Star-Crossed was just awful! I am so glad we did the # RememeberRoswell twitter champaign during the live shows of Star-Crossed!
13 episodes of Star Crossed was enough!

I remember when Star Crossed came out and everyone on social media was like Roswell was so much better or OMG this show was done before it was called Alien Nation.

Alien Nation came out in the mid 90's it was about Alien's in society learning to integrate into the human race.

The CW even made the promos look like Roswell! The Star Crossed posters looked like the Roswell season 2 DVD covers! I am so livied over the CW and the WB for that matter!

This Roswell show is NOT a reboot! This is the CW crazy way to get us to blindly follow them like sheep. If it looks like an alien and talks like an alien it must be an alien! Sorry give me MY Roswell any day!

Roswell was a show ahead of it's time! It is timeless for a reason! It just bothers me how some not all fans are so eager to watch anything even if the show has the same name!

It's just the name that bugs me call if anything else just not Roswell!

Leave my Roswell alone!
Old 10-14-2017, 02:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Secondly, I am not a fan of that producer
What else has the producer worked on?

I would SO be here for a baby Zan spinoff. And I'd love it more if Zan was like his mom where he's unafraid of his alien side, unlike his dad.