Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2017, 07:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm not really a fan of that & I usually don't like last minute reunions. I remember Friends & Sex & the City ending at around the same time & obviously they ended with Ross/Rachel & Carrie/Big respectively & I remember thinking 'I've not been watching these shows for 6/10 years seeing all the reasons why these couples should end up together, all I've seen is that they don't work together & suddenly they get a big romantic kiss & I'm expected to believe that all their problems are magically fixed now?'

No, I want to see actually see couples together & not have it strung out for a long time. That's how it was going for one of my otp's on a show called Hart of Dixie, but thank God the actress got pregnant & the writers had to put them together much sooner
Old 06-14-2017, 08:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Ewan McGregor

I never watched Sex and the City, but everything I've heard about Carrie and Big makes me despise them. Will they, won't they couples getting together usually ends up ruining shows because once they're together the audience can see how messy and ill matched they are. Didn't less people care about Castle once the two mains got together?
Old 06-14-2017, 03:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Carrie & Big were awful imo. I made me hate Carrie....it was one of those things where I'd look at the people who loved them and think 'how? Do you simply ship the couples that get the most screentime?' because that is literally it. They still make me gag....

I didn't watch Castle, but from what I saw a lot of people liked seeing the mains get to be together & not having it dragged out. Their relationship got to move forward (I'm pretty sure they got married & it was a finale flash-forward kinda wedding), but the show must have been dropping in ratings if the because.....and I don't follow it, so this is just my impression of what happened, but the show had it's budget cut, so it leaked that they were going to make the female lead leave, which caused a huge outcry from the audiencce and so instead they just decided to wrap the show up.

Personally, I'd rather have a show that didn't run all that long, if the story felt well put together & developed naturally & organically instead of having a show go on & on pulling all kinds of crap with the ships because they don't know how else to write a show these days....
Old 06-14-2017, 08:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Ewan McGregor

Quote:
Do you simply ship the couples that get the most screentime?' because that is literally it.
You hit the nail on the head. People ship the couple that gets the most screen time because it's easiest. They get all the footage to make icons and videos and arts, and they don't have to use imagination cause the writers give them everything. So many times I've seen people ask (on Tumblr) why UC ships are shipped when they're never going to happen. What's it matter if they're never going to happen?

Re: Castle - by the end the main actors hated each other. They were going to kill off the female and continue the show with only Nathan. I am so glad they changed their minds and didn't renew it at all. Producers need to know when to end a show, and losing a main is the time to end a show.

Quote:
Personally, I'd rather have a show that didn't run all that long, if the story felt well put together & developed naturally & organically instead of having a show go on & on pulling all kinds of crap with the ships because they don't know how else to write a show these days....
I agree. Less seasons and 13 eps per season tops is the way to go.
Old 06-14-2017, 10:51 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

I know for Gilmore Girls the die hard Jess and Rory shippers never lost hope even when the couple was not on screen together a lot. Even after Jess left after season 3 and was no longer a series regular the shippers never lost hope.

They loved all the episodes Jess was in with Rory as the years went on even if it was only for a short time. Season 4 he was only in it for 2 episodes. Same with season 6.

The revival Rory and Jess were in 2 episode again and still the shippers swooned.

I think shipping is really interesting. Sure the main network and push a ship but it is the fans to really pick the ship they want to love.

For me I personally don't get Emma and Hook on Once Upon a Time.

For me when I ship it comes down to the story. I love ships that are not rushed. I love when a couple takes it slow. i hate when shows have everyone hook up and sleep together. it just shows sometimes they have run out of ideas and decided everyone has to be a love interest. I found that with Gossip Girl so I stopped watching however I did see the final episode.

I found that with LOSt as well. I loved Lost but sometimes their were too many ships and not enough good stoylines

I never got Sex and the City. I saw the TV show and the movies but I didn't understand what all the hype was over.
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 06-15-2017, 05:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMouse (View Post)
You hit the nail on the head. People ship the couple that gets the most screen time because it's easiest. They get all the footage to make icons and videos and arts, and they don't have to use imagination cause the writers give them everything. So many times I've seen people ask (on Tumblr) why UC ships are shipped when they're never going to happen. What's it matter if they're never going to happen?

Re: Castle - by the end the main actors hated each other. They were going to kill off the female and continue the show with only Nathan. I am so glad they changed their minds and didn't renew it at all. Producers need to know when to end a show, and losing a main is the time to end a show.
That does seem to be it. A show could literally write the worst couple imaginable, but give them the screentime, promote as the main couple of the show & people will go crazy for them....

I didn't know that about Castle, even if the actors did hate each other it would have been so disrespectful to the story they had been telling & the fans to just write the female out.

Shipping is interesting, but it is kind of awful as well I'm a shipper myself, but the entitled behavior that you see from some shippers & the way they lash out at people that don't share their opinions is unbelieveable....
Old 06-15-2017, 08:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Ewan McGregor

Quote:
For me I personally don't get Emma and Hook on Once Upon a Time.
Oh God, I need a trigger warning whenever they show up on screen.
People shipped it because they want the main girl with the hottest guy and not because they make any sense together.

Quote:
I didn't know that about Castle, even if the actors did hate each other it would have been so disrespectful to the story they had been telling & the fans to just write the female out.
I agree.

Quote:
Shipping is interesting, but it is kind of awful as well I'm a shipper myself, but the entitled behavior that you see from some shippers & the way they lash out at people that don't share their opinions is unbelieveable....
One of the grossest things I ever witnessed is when Colin O'Donoghue (Hook) tweeted Jennifer Morrison (Emma) a simple Happy Birthday and fans told him it wasn't good enough, to delete it and "try again."
Old 06-15-2017, 09:27 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Wow fans personally attacking someone on social media because they didn't think their message was good enough to them is so worng. They personally don't know them and their relationship!

I hate the fans who desperetly want the main characters who they ship to date each other in real life!

I like if actors have a good working relationship on and off screen or remain good friends.

More power to the actors if they do end up dating on their own terms like Brendan and Majandra who played Michael and Maria with all of the media and fan crazyness surrounding them. Even if it didn't work out for Majandra and Brendan I am glad in the end Brendan and Majandra stlll remain good friends to this day.

I also love how Jason and Katherine dated and they played brother and sister! Or how Majandra first marriage was to Devon who played Maria's cousin.

Over all I am glad the Roswell cast didn't have any drama and the cast hated one another. I am glad they still keep in touch til this day or run into one another from time to time.
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 06-16-2017, 05:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I have seen a lot worse than that from fandoms....some people just tweet out death threats like they're saying hello

I think that if Roswell was on at the time of social media, Brendan & Majandra would have got all that on twitter & people probably would have attacked Devon like crazy, because in their minds he would have got in the middle of them

But yeah, glad there wasn't too much drama bts on Roswell....
Old 06-16-2017, 08:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Ewan McGregor

Quote:
Wow fans personally attacking someone on social media because they didn't think their message was good enough to them is so worng. They personally don't know them and their relationship!
They seriously expected him to make a video collage of all his moments with JMO. They're Delusional with a capital D. No one is going to spend time making a video collage for a co-worker. I doubt he'd even do that for his wife, and he's been with her for almost 20 years and has 2 children with her.

Quote:
I hate the fans who desperetly want the main characters who they ship to date each other in real life!
And then they are totally OK with the idea of the mains having an extramarital affair. So gross.

Brendan / Majandra and Jason / Katherine together was fine cause at least they weren't betraying spouses.

How come you think Brendan & Majandra would've gotten the worst from fans? I think Emilie and Katherine would've.
Old 06-16-2017, 09:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I didn't mean that they would have gotten it worse than other cast members, just that they would have had shippers trying to invade their privacy all the time because they were together in real life too & I think that would take it's toll on any relationship. Also, once they broke up, they would have been harassed lots when they started dating other people & the people that they were seeing would have got a lot of hate too.
Old 06-16-2017, 09:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Ewan McGregor

yea, I can imagine they would've gotten a lot of comments from fans demanding more photos of them together and asking inappropriate questions.
Old 06-16-2017, 10:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Exactly, I mean look at what it was like for Rob & Kirsten when they were together.....& they still get harassed over it now
Old 06-16-2017, 02:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Ewan McGregor

and weren't they a PR relationship?
Old 06-16-2017, 03:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think it's still not clear, but if it was it makes it even worse because all these drama still follows them around now