Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2017, 06:59 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Do you think writers / producers give in cause they never have a clear plan what they want to do past the first season?
Old 08-04-2017, 02:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I think they're just weak, they may have a plan but when there's a loud fanbase, they'll throw it out the window....at least that's the way it seems to me from the shows I've watched
Old 08-04-2017, 07:07 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I wouldn't be surprised to find out the network pressures them too to do whatever fans wants so viewers aren't lost.
Old 08-04-2017, 09:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I think that's a definite issue too. Looking at online fandom is completely different to a whole load of people that tune into the show every week, so if everyone online is asking for one thing online & you do that, you shouldn't be surprised is you lose a whole lot of the casual viewers....& yet it's a mistake I've seen so many shows make over & over
Old 08-05-2017, 10:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Yea, there's plenty of shows I watch that I'm not into the fandom and I don't know what the fandom is asking for. I love iZombie but I don't go looking for fandom talk. Who knows what the writers are doing to please them.
Old 08-06-2017, 03:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Sometimes I do wonder what a fandom free life would be like

Old 08-07-2017, 05:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Sometimes I do wonder what a fandom free life would be like
It would be heaven.

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m...psf17e485e.gif
this one is sweet

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m...pscc01621c.gif
Tess' smile is nice here
Old 08-07-2017, 08:31 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

I am just glad social media did not exist during Roswell.

I mean the most social media we had were the message boards and website. But we didn't have live feeds or hash tags.

I think now a days networks just look at the feed and see what will get them the most hits like lets out this couple together and lets do this or that and totally miss the heart of the story.

To me most TV shows now a days are all stylized and it is all about ratings and views.

Love the gifs! At least we know that Zan was conceived in love. I love how Max was so attentive to Tess.

It shows he did care for her.

After season one of Roswell a to of writers were fired.

If you have the Roswell trading cards I find it interesting they explained a different storyline for season one. Max was a Prince.

Howie from the Back Street Boys who saids it has begun at the end of Destiny was going to have a bigger role as well in season two.

I think the network got so angry Roswell was not one season and how the fans were successful in the Tabasco campaign that they really wanted to out the nail in the coffin with story lines and not get season 3. Remember the fans petitioned again and got season 3 on a different network.

Roswell was originally a filler show until Smallville was ready. They had no idea Roswell was going to be so successful and have such a cult following of fans.
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!

Last edited by Roswell 10/2/00; 08-07-2017 at 08:36 PM
Old 08-08-2017, 10:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMouse (View Post)
I know, she's just glowing!
Old 08-08-2017, 06:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
At least we know that Zan was conceived in love.

Quote:
I know, she's just glowing!
Max did gooooooooood
Old 08-09-2017, 05:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

That's kind of a surprise

Maybe all the old memories came flooding back to him & they both just fell right back into it
Old 08-09-2017, 07:21 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Because he was a quiet person or more because it was his first time?

I choose to believe the memories came flooding back so he knew what she'd like and she knew what he'd like and the comfort level made it enjoyable
Old 08-09-2017, 12:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I think I just don't see Max as a particularly....confident or physical character

But I'm gonna choose to believe that all the old memories came rushing back, so it was like being super experienced straight away
Old 08-09-2017, 05:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
.confident or physical character
I get what you mean. He was super stiff all the time and overthought everything.

We'll just say his old self took him over for that night
Old 08-10-2017, 05:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Yeah, I guess I'd just expect him to be awkward

& yeah, I bet that was the closest he ever got to the good old Zan