Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2017, 03:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Me too. I always wonder what actors really think of storylines and rarely do they say their true opinion. I want to hear the actors true opinions more often.
Old 07-28-2017, 09:50 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Me too I respect them more if they flat out say it!

It just shows you even they don't believe in the material but need the money or can't leave because they in contract but wish their character and the show was better then the stoyline.
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 07-29-2017, 08:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I think I respect actors a lot when they give their opinions on storylines too - but they need to do it in the right way.

Like when an actress calls out a relationship for being unhealthy & expresses concerns that her fans (she's the one who gets the letters after all) think that's a good thing - I love that, we need more of that. But when you see casts trying to shut down entire ships & laughing about it, that's just....low & it will come back to bite you
Old 07-29-2017, 08:59 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I loved when Emilie was asked if she'd forgive what Rumpel did in real life and she said "HELL NO! And you shouldn't either." It was a day that made me real happy because for so long Emilie had been speaking positively about that relationship and I was disappointed in her. That moment confirmed for me that she did see its problems.
Old 07-30-2017, 04:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Obviously I don't know the whole plotline for that show, but I'm inclined to agree. Like I said, Emilie will be the one who will see how her storyline affects her young female fans - much more so than the writers & producers do - so for her to say that publicly is so so important
Old 07-30-2017, 10:25 AM
Fan Forum Legend

plus the show is written by mostly bozo men so what do they know (or care?) about how young girls are influenced by terrible romances on tv.
Old 07-30-2017, 11:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Unforunately, that seems to be the case for a lot of shows. I think the worst thing is when you see women writing other women constantly being sidelined, abused & degraded by men & calling that true love
Old 07-31-2017, 08:05 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Do you mean The Vampire Diaries / The Originals? Those are the only shows I can think of which have female writers.
Old 07-31-2017, 08:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

That & Gossip Girl
Old 07-31-2017, 03:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I never even watched Gossip Girl and I know how disgusting C/B were.
Old 08-01-2017, 12:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

They were awful - honestly, I didn't think it could get worse than that till tvd came along...

Really puts Roswell's problems in perspective though!
Old 08-01-2017, 05:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Really puts Roswell's problems in perspective though!
It's so funny you say that because I never thought I could dislike a couple more than I disliked Max / Liz, but then Captain Swan came along and they are (to me) the worst couple written in all of history.
Old 08-02-2017, 03:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I'm the same, it seems that the standards for relationships just keep getting lower & lower...
Old 08-02-2017, 07:08 AM
Fan Forum Legend

All people care about is two "pretty" (and I use that word lightly) faces getting together.
Old 08-03-2017, 03:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

& fandoms are just rabid now...can't believe the lengths they go to get what they want & the writers & producers actually give it to them, encouraging that kind of behavior!