Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2017, 12:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

You'd think so, but we don't know why they broke up & if there was a lot of animosity afterwards......I don't know if you ever used to watch One Tree Hill, but my OTP on the show got married in real life, then divorced (ruining the ship as well), they worked together for 3/4 years after that & everyone on the show would always say that were complete professionals, they even still had to play a couple while they were going through the breakup, but it is so clear that they are never going to do anything together ever again. It's been over 10 years now, but the show still has reunion conventions & loads of the cast still go, but they never both go to the same one

But again, Katherine & Jason were only engaged not married & I don't think anyone really knows what happened with them, so who knows?
Old 05-25-2017, 08:58 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Yes I mean Majandra and Brendan did date for what seems forever but at least they are still veer good friends despite them breaking up.

I know Majandra did marry Devon who played her cousin Sean and then they got divorced. Then Majandra found the love of her life and now has I think 2 or 3 beautiful children.

In the end I am glad that Katherine and Jason found their happiness and that they came to the conclusion for what ever reason that they were not good for each other was to call off the engagement.

The cast was so young but I am glad in the end everyone turned out alright and are still in touch.
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 05-26-2017, 06:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Yeah, Majandra & Brendan are obviously cool with each other, I think the broke up for good around the end of s2 though, so they had that year to get used to be around each other & maybe that helped
Old 05-26-2017, 08:18 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Ah, yes, One Tree Hill. I never watched it but the messy behind the scenes got a lot of attention. Didn't Chad cheat on Sophia with Paris Hilton? My assumption was neither Jason or Katherine cheated.

Dating co-stars is such a risk because if two people break up then the ship suffers and endgames change and fans suffer.
Old 05-26-2017, 08:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Neither of them ever publicly said, but it is pretty much fact that that's what happened - but apparently he had cheated on her a lot more than that, he's had other relationships end the same way since then, so....

It's weird seeing new shows now where fans go crazy for the actors behind their ships & want them to get together irl too, or think they're secretly together & with my ships I'm always hoping that's not the case now
Old 05-26-2017, 11:40 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I can understand Sophia never wanting to see his face again.

Me too. Like with Supergirl, Melissa and Chris are together in real life now and I'm afraid one day they'll break up and Mon-el will go bye bye because Melissa is Supergirl so the writers would never say bye to her.
Old 05-26-2017, 12:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Yeah, he did her pretty dirty

I've seen a bit about that, it's kinda funny that both of them have dated (/married) co stars before.....I don't want to make you worry, but I'd be kinda worried too
Old 05-26-2017, 12:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

and with them both dating or marrying co-stars in the past....and I don't mean to be negative....but I figure the possibility of them breaking up someday is a lot higher than the possibility of them staying together.
Old 05-26-2017, 12:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I get that, it's not you being mean about the relationship, it's just the way it works out most of the time

Looking at Roswell, they had 2 romantic relationships between the cast, 3 if you count Majandra & Devon, & none of them worked out, & I can't think of a show that I've ever watched where two of the actors have got together irl & are still together now
Old 05-27-2017, 02:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I can't think of a show that I've ever watched where two of the actors have got together irl & are still together now
I can't either. Actors seem, for the most part, fickle. So them breaking up makes sense. And with the CW and WB stars, all of them were really young when they got together so it makes sense not to be with another person for 40+ years
Old 05-27-2017, 09:36 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Thats a good point. However I know Alyson Hannigan who played Willow on Buffy met her husband Alexis Denisof who payed Westley actually met on set while filming Buffy.

Their characters were not romatically involved on set but off se they were.

Thats the only one I know of who met on set and are still going strong.

In the 20th Anniversary interview I know Alison said it was the best decision to do Buffy because in the end she found her husband.
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 05-28-2017, 07:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Oh, I had forgotten about them! But they are definitely unique. Plus, they only worked together for about half a season, before he moved over to the spinoff & I think both of them knew when he joined that he most likely would not be staying on Buffy, so they weren't really taking a big risk dating because they weren't going to be working together for very long
Old 05-28-2017, 10:02 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Ah, didn't know about Alyson. She's one of the very few. Since their characters were not linked romantically, there was never a chance of a potential breakup changing the endgame.

Do Sarah Michelle Gellar and Freddie Prinze Jr count cause they met on a movie and not tv show?
Old 05-28-2017, 11:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I wasn't counting movies, because I think there are actually quite a few, plus I think it's different if two people meet each other on a movie & get together when they're through most of it or even when it's finished & they're not working together anymore. People on tv shows never know how long they might be working together.

& you're right Alyson & Alexis together did not affect the story at all, their characters barely interacted, so they were fine. Plus, they've always been pretty low key, they are still a lot of Buffy fans now who don't know that they're married in real life
Old 05-30-2017, 07:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
they are still a lot of Buffy fans now who don't know that they're married in real life
Another reason why they lasted. They're not in everyone's face with their relationship.