Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2016, 08:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMouse (View Post)
Shiri/Emilie should do a project where their characters get to be friends.

In the Vegas ep, Tess & Liz were originally supposed to spend the whole time together. I read 2 different things were supposed to happen. 1) body swapping 2) the girls got mistaken for hookers and Tess had to mind warp their way out of there.
I would have much rather have seen that!

It's interesting, because that storyline would have shown that the writers were trying to bring Liz & Tess closer, which makes me think that even that late in s2, the writers weren't planning on making Tess evil & it was a very late decision.
Old 04-28-2016, 11:33 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Still wish they gave us some back story on Tess! Like the moving around and all that. That could have been a really cool scene where she opened up to someone about it all. Especially after Nacedo died. Like if she explained to Liz why she was so set on Max and blah blah destiny. Could've been a real bonding moment.
yea, Liz didn't even try to see things from Tess' POV. She didn't stop to think that Tess viewed the others as family, that she had a hard life. Instead she saw Tess as the girl who is stepping on her toes, the girl who is weaseling her way into the group, never mind the fact that she had more of a right to be in it than Liz did.

I don't think tptb decided who killed Alex until BIY.
Old 04-28-2016, 02:25 PM
Part-Time Fan

And did anyone ever consider it was Liz who was the "home wrecker"? I like Liz but Tess was literally created to be with Max and vice versa. Things just got screwed up and Liz was supposed to die when she was shot. If Max didn't heal her they never would have been a thing. And I also don't get why they weren't more excited when Tess finally showed up. HELLOOO she's the fourth of you've been looking for??

And yeah the last minute changes definitely show they weren't on planning making Tess evil. And the fact they told Emilie like two weeks before or something ridiculous like that?
Old 04-28-2016, 03:49 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Yes there was always that theory.

Tes Emilie came out of Katism office in tears. Colin was upset as well when he found out he was being killed off. He didn't want to leave and they wouldn't let him come back to guest star due ot his movie schedule.

Everyone tweet April 29th!

Quote:
Remember to say in the Tweet “WE WANT #ROSWELLBACK! @Netflix & @JasonKatims” Also go to the twitter account of @roswellback to retweet their tweet as well. Retweets add more bank into making a hashtag go VIRAL and this time we want #RoswellBack TO TREND!
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 04-29-2016, 03:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbbeyGirl (View Post)
And did anyone ever consider it was Liz who was the "home wrecker"? I like Liz but Tess was literally created to be with Max and vice versa. Things just got screwed up and Liz was supposed to die when she was shot. If Max didn't heal her they never would have been a thing. And I also don't get why they weren't more excited when Tess finally showed up. HELLOOO she's the fourth of you've been looking for??

And yeah the last minute changes definitely show they weren't on planning making Tess evil. And the fact they told Emilie like two weeks before or something ridiculous like that?
Exactly! When you look at it from Tess's pov, Liz is the villain here, I'm not saying that people should hate her the way Tess was hated, but just that people should take a step back & look at the bigger picture. When you do, the way Tess acts makes a lot of sense & you can see what a horrible, heart-breaking situation she was in.
Old 04-29-2016, 08:15 AM
Fan Forum Legend

It proves that if Tess had been the first female character introduced, if the show had been about her being on the run with Nasedo, and Max + the others came on toward the end of s1 or even in s2, viewers would've thought about Liz in a "who the hell is this b*tch" sort of way.

Quote:
And I also don't get why they weren't more excited when Tess finally showed up. HELLOOO she's the fourth of you've been looking for?
They were mad because she was telling them what they didn't want to hear. They were mad because she wasn't the murderous alien others had told them about.
Old 04-30-2016, 02:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Yeah, it changed what they thought they knew - I get why it took them a while to trust her though, considering what they had head about the fourth alien & with the way Tess introduced herself.
Old 04-30-2016, 11:50 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I agree. They had mostly heard bad things about the fourth alien - he was a murderer. Tess was creepy when she first came to town and played games with them instead of being open. But once they found out she wasn't Nasedo and they saw what she was like over the summer, they should've been warmer.
Old 04-30-2016, 10:59 PM
Part-Time Fan

Well and every character who was thought to be bad the writers made creepy. Like Sheriff Valenti, Kyle sometimes, Whittacker (but that was true), and Topolsky. It's a writing strategy that hasn't gone away. I watch Pretty Little Liars and they make so many people out to be creepy and then they're not like an episode later. But yeah, I understand how at first they were skeptical since they thought she was Nascedo but obviously she wasn't so they should have moved on from that. I also think if she was brought in sooner the fan reaction would have been different and even so, like I said after rewatching it- Liz and Max were not that solid.
Old 05-01-2016, 02:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Yeah, I get what the writers were doing, but for some reason a lot of the fans could just never see it - I guess because it suited their ship not to

& I agree that the others should have warmed up to her sooner, I guess her mere presence made Max, Michael & Isabel have to deal with things about themselves that they didn't want to. It's not an excuse, & it would have been an awesome storyline if the writers had actually allowed them to grow, but because the writers never had the balls to do that, it just sucks....
Old 05-01-2016, 12:36 PM
Part-Time Fan

It was just annoying how the entire first season Michael was so about learning where he comes from and obviously he spends time with Tess but I wish they would have shown that more. Also more of her relationship with Isabel and when that started to die down. And more about that summer with her there and Liz gone and what it was like. Also what Liz's life was like in Florida when she was gone.
Old 05-02-2016, 01:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

It made complete sense to me that Michael would want to work with Tess & learn more about what all that second in command stuff meant for him....but then it just died off? They were still working together in 2x01 & then we never saw it happen again & there wasn't even a reason given
Old 05-02-2016, 08:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I would've loved to see more training sessions.

I also didn't mind that Tess was creepy in the beginning. That's what attracted me to her character. She was interesting and mysterious.

But being creepy was something the others never got over.
Old 05-02-2016, 09:47 AM
Part-Time Fan

I liked that she was creepy too. Emilie plays creepy so well I wish she would do more projects that let her portray that.
Old 05-02-2016, 10:37 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Agree completely. She was creepy in Rogue's Gallery too, and she was the best part of the otherwise not good move.